View Full Version : Asphalt touring car gear diff fluid help
touringdriver
08-03-2011, 04:03 AM
fellow racers i have a issue and I'm lost, I'm looking for ideas of what weight of diff fluid to start with on my on road Xray t3 11 this summer. we have 5 new gear diffs but have no clue of even a idea of fluid weight to begin with.
stoff
10-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Hey, I use 2000wt diff gear oil. Anything from 1000wt to 3000wt should be ok depending on track conditions.
kipper123
10-03-2011, 06:26 PM
usually the stiffer you go the less steering you have but more traction, i have never ran one in a tc car but i have in 200mm but we where working with 30,000 upwards and even 500,000 in the front
Craig W
10-03-2011, 06:57 PM
I would go for 2k diff oil
qatmix
13-03-2011, 04:50 PM
I have got a gear diff to put in the front of my 417. I usually run 2 ball diffs with the front one being stiff.. but still a diff (spools dont work on tight circuits).
What would be a good oil? 50k or 5k I assume 2K is for a rear diff.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.