PDA

View Full Version : Which connectors ?


Martinst
26-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Before I start I'll apologise in advance if this question has been asked a thousand times before, but I did a quick search and has no joy.

What are the best / commonly used connectors for batteries etc. I used to use some black and red retangular connectors that slid together years ago, but not sure if these are still doing the rounds ??

Any help would be appreciated, as I'd like to get it right from the start with a new car, and the model shop near me ( Isle of wight ) is rubbish and only really deals with nitro stuff.

Many thanks !!

Oh and any links to suppliers would be great !

markwilliamson2001
26-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Corally Gold Tube Connectors for performance and longevity.

If you are with a younger kid driving the car, for safety, you could always use powerpole connectors (which are colour coded). They don't really have the performance of the corally's and can sometimes get welded together.

I use corally's and set the battery wires so that you simply cannot hook up the negative wire to the positive batter end.

Mark

Martinst
26-11-2007, 02:36 PM
cheers, just done a search for powerpole, and yes they are what I used to use. If these are still doing the rounds, then I will stick with these as they are near enough idiot proof !

Lowie
26-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Dean-connectors are not to bad neither.

When I'm not using gold tube connectors as described higher, I use these:

http://www.batteryspace.com/ProductImages/adaptor/dean2.jpg

ca'nt connect them wrongly and they do the job OK!

markwilliamson2001
26-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Forgot about Deans, if you want performance and Noob Proof, use them!

M

Chris Green
26-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I use deans too. Ever since I reverse connected my speedo when I was using corraly's.

Powerpole connectors are quite big in comparison to deans.

If you want the neatest wiring, then corraly gold connectors are the best bet, but if you want protection against reverse connecting your cells, I'd go with deans.

froggie
27-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Use the deans:D

tyreman
27-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Try this one first
http://www.m-k-racing.com/

Any of the shops at the top of this page will carry them

http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18