PDA

View Full Version : Cougar shell on a vega


grelland
16-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Hi there.

I have placed a pre-order for the B4 kit, but I do have some issues with the shell (not related to brca, though... ;) )

Therefore I wanted to know if there is a chance to use the Cougar SV shell, as I have bough one for a project on my X6...

1. Is the chassis outline the same on all the Vega's (I assume so since they all use the same shell)

2. Can someone compare this outline to the Cougar chassis/shell, for an indication as to whether the Cougar shell can be made to fit?

Hope for some help here :)

nicVEGAchildJR
03-04-2011, 10:29 PM
I will see if I can get mine to fit the I will let u know and BTW phatbodies do a really nice cougar shell

grelland
04-04-2011, 06:43 AM
I know, I have that too, but still no vega...

nicVEGAchildJR
04-04-2011, 09:03 AM
they should be released mid this week

grelland
04-04-2011, 10:13 AM
great :) Three weeks ago they said next week (as in two weeks ago...) so let's hope things work out now.

nicVEGAchildJR
04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
there was a problem when making the gearbox but all is now fixed and the car was really good at silverstone

grelland
04-04-2011, 10:37 AM
but you still "forgot" your camera???

nicVEGAchildJR
04-04-2011, 10:49 AM
no i didn't forget my camera. my camera man was in the race before me so i couldn't get any footage

peetbee
04-04-2011, 12:30 PM
So not even some pictures of it on the pit table? :(

nicVEGAchildJR
04-04-2011, 12:44 PM
No afraid not that was my fault I forgot
But I am racing it on Friday at taplow and Sunday at enden
park

SuperSparkSteve
10-04-2011, 05:58 PM
I will see if I can get mine to fit the I will let u know and BTW phatbodies do a really nice cougar shell

Have you had a chance to try the cougar shell?

nicVEGAchildJR
10-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I have put the cougar shell on my vega and it could be use but it could donwith being a bit longer at the rear as spur gear is exposed a little
I would run the vega shell as I think it looks really good but If you really don't like it the a cougar shell COULD be used

If any setup help is needed just pm me
:thumbsup:

grelland
21-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Then the vega kit shoved up, and I am back from a short trip to France.

After assembling some of the parts (I still have the B4.1 diff on its way somewhere..) I had to test the cougar body, or in fact I have bought both a cougar and a phat body for the vega, so I tested the undertray, and this seems to be working pretty well. Here are a couple of crappy cell phone shots:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega1.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega2.jpg

As can be seen, the cougar shell is a bit wider, but I am still optimstic. I might just paint the vega shell just in case, but I hope I dont have to use it ;)

grelland
20-05-2011, 09:53 AM
phat bodies Cougar shell on:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/218798_2012238475783_1538405523_4018825_3257577_o. jpg

Dazzler
20-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Looks made for the job...

phat bodies Cougar shell on:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/218798_2012238475783_1538405523_4018825_3257577_o. jpg

mrspeedy
20-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Nice :thumbsup: and the bump at the front kinda looks purposeful ...

How does it fit around the spur gear ? does it rub at all ?

grelland
20-05-2011, 11:33 AM
it fits well, but it seems the spur is mounted a bit higher than on a cougar, as after a couple of flips over on the roof, the spur has rubbed a bit on the top. I will make some better way of securing the body as it now only relies on the undertray in the rear

styleone
14-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Anybody tried it the other way round? I see some have found spur rubs but will the vega slip on to the cougar?...just a thought? :)

nicVEGAchildJR
15-06-2011, 10:05 AM
When I race indoors on a hot day I use a Lodi XX4 shell it fits really good and has really good air flow