PDA

View Full Version : Sunday racing


The Bod
18-03-2011, 07:25 PM
So who is up for racing this Sunday?

rc10fan
18-03-2011, 07:41 PM
oh yeah its trf 502 time :)

captainlip
18-03-2011, 07:50 PM
working im afraid and im waiting on £60 worth of parts to get this rango running perfect, includind fresh rubber, im also working all weekend. :thumbdown:

ill be back faster than ever after.

The Bod
18-03-2011, 07:54 PM
working im afraid and im waiting on £60 worth of parts to get this rango running perfect, includind fresh rubber, im also working all weekend. :thumbdown:

ill be back faster than ever after.

Yet more money on the wrongo

Should have got a cheaper car

captainlip
18-03-2011, 07:59 PM
worth every penny!!!

money im spending isnt all necessary

rc10fan
18-03-2011, 08:45 PM
why do people hate the rango its an amazing car. cheaper does not mean better just means cheap parts. i sent my rango over the fence at bury last year at full speed and all it did was brake the spur gear. didnt even brake the wishbones or anything. its an easy car to drive and once you get the oils dialed in its easy nothing else to setup. people are too use to dry diffs and bel drives. the 1.8th guys have been using these diffs for ages. so please stop bashing the rango.

Si Coe
18-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Why did you get a TRF502 then?

Running a Bmax I felt no need to keep my Cat, XX4's or D4. If the Durango's so good you don't need a Tamiya too!


Anyway I'll be along but I can't stay. Its my Father-in-laws birthday party at 2 so I'll have to go by 1. But with a 10ish start I reckon thats 2-3rounds at least.......

rc10fan
18-03-2011, 09:00 PM
can never have enough cars lol

captainlip
18-03-2011, 09:16 PM
ill pop up see if rog has my brca stuff

mattb
18-03-2011, 09:33 PM
why do people hate the rango its an amazing car. cheaper does not mean better just means cheap parts. i sent my rango over the fence at bury last year at full speed and all it did was brake the spur gear. didnt even brake the wishbones or anything. its an easy car to drive and once you get the oils dialed in its easy nothing else to setup. people are too use to dry diffs and bel drives. the 1.8th guys have been using these diffs for ages. so please stop bashing the rango.nah rangos are rubbish lmao

rc10fan
18-03-2011, 09:44 PM
:p lol

budfish
18-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Why did you get a TRF502 then?

Running a Bmax I felt no need to keep my Cat, XX4's or D4. If the Durango's so good you don't need a Tamiya too!


Anyway I'll be along but I can't stay. Its my Father-in-laws birthday party at 2 so I'll have to go by 1. But with a 10ish start I reckon thats 2-3rounds at least.......

2 or 3 rounds of shame you twit my 3 year olds sc has more speed and power than your shit-max a girl could get that chippy tray around the track faster than you

rc10fan
18-03-2011, 10:21 PM
harsh works lol

Si Coe
19-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Just as well I'm running my 7 month olds truck instead then......

kitesurfer73
19-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Well am runing a newish car now as well:pGot it in post today
nowt new just another big bore FT B BAX:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But cant make tomoz daughters party...

johnnygibbon
19-03-2011, 02:43 PM
i am a rango desighn lover the diffs and chASSIS ARE MINT i like a lot of the car just not the car as a whole i want wrongo diffs in my bmax or ansmann if i get one
very tempted with the sc truck though not as tough or raw as my hyper but its soooo smooth and wick

to be honest i might get a 2wd ( bit gay i no ) but regionals are long days racing one class ...unless somehow sc trucks make it in regionals i gonna have to 2wd it

no racing tomoro for me might turn up and bitch for a bit later on though

budfish
19-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Rongos are ok I like the design a bit but the diffs are crap and belong in a 1/8 one of Durangos team drivers replaced the diff in his rongo for a ball diff out of a laser and went round 1 second a lap faster I'm not convinced the car carries enough weight to have the oil diffs

Si Coe
20-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Well I would have come for a couple of rounds, but somebody decided to ram into my Astra on the way out of the estate, so now I'm without a full sized car.
I was on the main road, she pulled out of a side street without looking and slammed into the drivers door. Fortunately it was low speed, but it took a couple of passers by to get the drivers door open enough for me to get out!

Looks like a fun day of ringing insurance companies for me!

tisher
20-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Well I would have come for a couple of rounds, but somebody decided to ram into my Astra on the way out of the estate, so now I'm without a full sized car.
I was on the main road, she pulled out of a side street without looking and slammed into the drivers door. Fortunately it was low speed, but it took a couple of passers by to get the drivers door open enough for me to get out!

Looks like a fun day of ringing insurance companies for me!

Not Good:thumbdown:

bandit
20-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Well I would have come for a couple of rounds, but somebody decided to ram into my Astra on the way out of the estate, so now I'm without a full sized car.
I was on the main road, she pulled out of a side street without looking and slammed into the drivers door. Fortunately it was low speed, but it took a couple of passers by to get the drivers door open enough for me to get out!

Looks like a fun day of ringing insurance companies for me!

Very unlucky dude !

captainlip
20-03-2011, 05:17 PM
as long as your ok!

Si Coe
20-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I thought I was fine, but I've got a banging headache and every muscle aches! I've been in a few bumps before (normally my fault too :cry: ) and never had anything resembling whiplash - but this time I actually do feel really uncomfortable. I'm not quite at the ringing 'Injury Lawyers 4U' stage but certainly not a happy bunny.
Plus the Astra isn't really worth much on book value, being an S reg and all, but it was my Mother In Laws car for its whole life till she died, so never went further than the local Morrisons and hence is (was) in good nick mechanically and with very low mileage. I expect the insurers will try to write it off and give us pittance for it, not enough to buy something that runs as well for sure.

But mostly I missed racing :thumbdown:

The Bod
20-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Shame, it was a great track layout and a good days racing.

Roll on the outdoor track!!!

mattb
20-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Well I would have come for a couple of rounds, but somebody decided to ram into my Astra on the way out of the estate, so now I'm without a full sized car.
I was on the main road, she pulled out of a side street without looking and slammed into the drivers door. Fortunately it was low speed, but it took a couple of passers by to get the drivers door open enough for me to get out!

Looks like a fun day of ringing insurance companies for me!hope your ok mate,shit happens!!

budfish
20-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Really sorry to here that pal I'm glad your not to bashed up but definately claim if your hurt by someone else's in competence why shouldn't you be compensated for it I've had about 8 grand out of claims but that's why I pay insurance and keep my car in a road worthy condition so whiplash claim + what ever they give you for the car adds upto a better car which will be safer for little benj

F**k em don't call injury lawyers on a no win no fee basis go for a proper solicitor who will fight and lay it on thick!!!

Regards
Buds

Ps good job you didn't get to the track because I would have been in the a final then instead of pole on b