View Full Version : Motors
tisher
21-03-2011, 07:29 PM
whats everyone running and pinion size?
coleman758
21-03-2011, 07:55 PM
8.5t Orca,
23/74(Losi 22)
25/81(B4)
rc boy
21-03-2011, 07:59 PM
it depends what kind of car u are running really 2wd 7.5 or 8.5 or 4wd 5.5 or 6.5 is the usual that people choose but it depends on what u feel comfy with hope this helps
captainlip
21-03-2011, 08:01 PM
6.5t 19/87
Si Coe
21-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Orion 10.5t on 26/81 in the Bmax
LRP 5.5t on 21/84 in the RC10T.
And yes, I know that really the other way round makes more sense.....
tisher
21-03-2011, 08:04 PM
the 5.5 lrp vector is just silly in my fs but the 5.5 ezrun in my stock lazer seems really nice but lacks a bit of punch both cars I am running a 21 pinion and stock spur might try and get a 6.5 I think
rc boy
21-03-2011, 08:11 PM
try putting it up a pinion or 2 to give you the extra punch or turn up the punch on your speedo
Si Coe
21-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Yes - I used to use an Ezrun 5.5t (found it a little sluggish at the time) then Novak 5.5L, then LRP 5.5t, and was surprised at what a beast the LRP is. Which is why its such a laugh in my old truck, but I prefer a lesser motor in my serious racer.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.