PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a better servo?


coleman758
21-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a better steering servo.
Ideally i would like a low-profile one maybe a savox.

What have you got!?

captainlip
21-03-2011, 07:59 PM
buy a savox 1258 and you will be sorted for a long time.

Si Coe
21-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I'd go for the Savox low profile (1251).
I've got an Ace 1015 which is great but really its got far more torque than needed in a 1/10th. I've used the Savox 1258 but never really liked it (found it too twitchy unless you turn down the steering speed, defeating the point!), and run several different KO servos, but if I was after a new servo it would be the low profile Savox.
Why? Well its got all the performance you actually need for 1/10th, but in a smaller package. Why run a bigger servo than you need to?

cwp
22-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Iff its for your 22 we have fitted this one.
http://www.rossmod.co.uk/product/29543/Savox_SC1251MG_Low_Profile_Digital_Servo_SAVSC1251 MG

Whiskers
22-03-2011, 06:31 PM
+1 for the low profile Savox. :thumbsup:

rc10fan
22-03-2011, 08:20 PM
ko with high speed or savox i run a savox in both my cars they are superb. if your money wont go that far bluebirds are very good for the money.

coleman758
22-03-2011, 08:32 PM
I think i will get a savox low profile. Thanks guys

captainlip
24-03-2011, 07:42 PM
good choice!