View Full Version : full size stick lipo in my mid motor tlr 22
jampat2004
22-03-2011, 11:46 PM
as the title says ive done the impossible and manage to fit a full stick lipo in my new 22,a friend of mine susgested using the rear motor esc mount in the mid conversion.
with a bit of cutting and altering of this part this then allows you to fit the reciever on there and is close to the esc as this mounted on the motor plate all the electrics are in one spot as is the pt and esc switch,am very pleased with this as its turned out very neat.
the battery stil holds in with one velcro strap and can be removed in seconds.:thumbsup:
click on reply and then go onto the advanced reply and at the button it should give you the option of adding and attachment.
hope this helps
jampat2004
23-03-2011, 12:39 AM
click on reply and then go onto the advanced reply and at the button it should give you the option of adding and attachment.
hope this helps
thanks pal pics now on :thumbsup:
PaulUpton
23-03-2011, 07:24 AM
as the title says ive done the impossible and manage to fit a full stick lipo in my new 22,a friend of mine susgested using the rear motor esc mount in the mid conversion.
with a bit of cutting and altering of this part this then allows you to fit the reciever on there and is close to the esc as this mounted on the motor plate all the electrics are in one spot as is the pt and esc switch,am very pleased with this as its turned out very neat.
the battery stil holds in with one velcro strap and can be removed in seconds.:thumbsup:
Have you added a extra gear to the rear mounted gearbox? As it will run backwards if you havent
jameswilkinson7
23-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Have you added a extra gear to the rear mounted gearbox? As it will run backwards if you havent
He has used the mid motor gearbox:)
Dudders
23-03-2011, 11:11 AM
ooooooooh now that's got my interest up!.
Thinking of a change but didnt want the extra cost of batteries etc etc.
I´ve nearly finishes my last night and since then I was thinking of the Layout too.
But I´d like to mount my esc on the chassis!!!
What about getting the bat "diagonal" in the car??
I think I´m going to try this. will see =) .... time to be creative !!
treacle
23-03-2011, 04:20 PM
problem whith running batteries diagonal is you have different wait transfer it will have to mount sideways of normally to keep weight equal on all points of the car.
yes, that sounds right, ok. idea gone now =(
treacle
23-03-2011, 05:41 PM
sorry didnt mean to put your idea down or anything but you dont want to be drilling or cutting any parts then realising this :)
yes of course, you are right, thanks for that.:thumbsup:
Had a new idea now xDD
I got it!!!
And the feature is that i can run Both, stick and saddle!!!!!
At the moment i got the esc and the reciver on an alu plate above the the bats.
Nearly like on the following pic (from the Show me your 22 section) which inspired me, but with a longer plate that my reciver fits there too.
I´m Planing to buy a Tekin RS Pro which goes on the "radioplate"of the car and then only mount the reciver on that alu plate.
Pics will follow!!
jampat2004
27-03-2011, 07:40 PM
good work looks neat,raced mine today with full size stick lipo on a very slippy track 22 was well balanced with the full length stick very smooth to drive so far so good the 22 gets my vote:thumbsup:
rcjunky
15-04-2011, 09:25 PM
any updates on how this idea works? how about some pics of the mods to get the pack in?
Dalton
15-04-2011, 09:55 PM
I mounted my ESC on a plate above the cells too and with a short servo i can fit the stick packs in but having a B44 i have saddles anyway
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/Pro_Tech/DSC08364.jpg
Hey guys,
this is my install, but at the mom im planing to find another way of mounting the ecs plate, i think i´ll go the same way as the most do coming from the top of the guard!
cr1tch
16-04-2011, 02:59 PM
you guy wasting time making brackets......
i ve got a full size lipo with a small savox, and im using the speedo mount bracket from the rear motor. Opition but cut the 2 lugs of so then it butts up to the mid motor protection casing, and using the original holes that would be used for the rear motor speedo plate.
jampat2004
16-04-2011, 10:09 PM
you guy wasting time making brackets......
i ve got a full size lipo with a small savox, and im using the speedo mount bracket from the rear motor. Opition but cut the 2 lugs of so then it butts up to the mid motor protection casing, and using the original holes that would be used for the rear motor speedo plate.
alright dan if you see the first post on this thread thats what i have done best way pal saves you buying new cells.
rcjunky
18-04-2011, 01:20 PM
anyone tried it? Hows the handling compared to saddles/shorty lipo? I'm sure there's many ways to mount everything.
cr1tch
18-04-2011, 06:33 PM
anyone tried it? Hows the handling compared to saddles/shorty lipo? I'm sure there's many ways to mount everything.
awsome is what i can says i came 2nd at southport in the b final's
team n.o.m.a.d
22-05-2011, 10:29 PM
gunna try this in mine saves getting new lipos thanks:thumbsup:
styleone
22-05-2011, 11:44 PM
:woot:this puts a whole new positive spin on 22 space issues...brilliant layouts guys :thumbsup:
cigbunt
15-08-2011, 11:28 AM
can some 1 illustrate or expand on how to do this?
CraigP
16-08-2011, 01:15 AM
How does it handle with the extra weight forward? i know when i used a shorty stick pack (only battery i have for it) it lacked rear grip. so i added the tlr weight kit and felt better but it still needed more. so i went lighter springs in the back witch let the car swing and made it hard to get the rear lined up for the quick 180 then jump. also moved rear hubs all the way forward. I just bought a cream weight. When i get it i want to try it and take the rear tlr kit off the back. Going to also try and get a saddle pack and try that. i race on a clay med bite track indoors in the winter. i have a rear motor for summer outdoors and wanted the mid motor car for winterindoor clay tracks that have more grip. Thanks for your time.
OneKiwi
16-08-2011, 07:12 AM
With the adult sized pack you get the extra weight which can only be good.
How I managed to get it done was build it in mid I have a low profile servo which helps a lot, they aren't that expensive used so worth it to get the extra space.
I used the tank stands from my nitro spares and put them in the holes that were already there for the battery brace
I then cut out the x in the rear chassis brace/esc mount
After that I used cardboard to get a rough shape of the plate I will use, I hade 3/4mm plexiglas at home so I used that ( I may make a carbon one later or a shorter brace)
Cut it to size drilled the holes used some thumb screws and done
I may move the esc back and RX foward so I can get a fan on it. It fits now but rubs on the shell.
I drilled out some holes in the shell windscreen that are spot on to get some air over the esc
Pics:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMAG0292.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMAG0294.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMAG0303.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/simonandhanna/IMAG0297.jpg
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.