PDA

View Full Version : 201GTO Driveshaft fouling on diff screw


DaveG28
23-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Noticed this a while ago and assumed I had the diff in the wrong way around, but thinking about it I'm now confused!!

As the diff presumably sits centrally in the chassis, why would this be? It's not a close thing either, I can't even ground the car it hits the nut well before that point!?

Any ideas anyone!?

JustARcFan
23-03-2011, 01:59 PM
That's very strange?

I'm going to check this when I'm home and will let you know but I didn't noticed anything the last races so I assume everything is fine.

Welshy40
23-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Is this the screw head or excess srew end? If the screw end cut the excess away and youve resolved. I had the same issue with the 501

DCM
23-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Screw head should be on the left side, nothing out of place?

OldTimer
23-03-2011, 08:21 PM
When i built the proto i had the same problem, i had put the diff screw in the wrong side, the depth the screw goes in on each diff half is different.

GRIFF55
23-03-2011, 10:03 PM
as above dave mate, make sure you have the screw going in the deepest outdrive. (if that makes sense)

Pedros20
24-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Hi Dave.
Jonathan & Griff are spot on, I had the same trouble with mine. Took the same advice from Jonathan, swapped the diff screw & ally nut around & Bingo!
I have to say I think the instructions are wrong for us all to have built it wrong?

DCM
24-03-2011, 07:29 AM
They aren't wrong, just 'unclear' if that makes sense?

Fabs
24-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Makes sense and made me realise that i also built my 511's diffs with the screw the wrong way around!!! Might be why I can't seem to get it to last very long :cry: