PDA

View Full Version : 22 driveshaft


stuhurley
23-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Just checking the car after 1st run on Sunday and noticed the driveshaft pin is loose :thumbdown: and now not even in the centre

anybody else ?

pugboy
23-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Just checking the car after 1st run on Sunday and noticed the driveshaft pin is loose :thumbdown: and now not even in the centre

anybody else ?

Shoddy build would be my bet Hurley ;)

Big G
23-03-2011, 09:43 PM
I have a durango shaft done this :(

reg
23-03-2011, 09:54 PM
not that you should have to,if you put it in the middle and tap the top with a hammer,that should hold it,i think they are pinched in at the top to hold them,realy they should exchange it as its a fault

stuhurley
23-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Shoddy build would be my bet Hurley ;)

next youll be telling me my driving is too aggressive....oh wait...

pugboy
23-03-2011, 10:25 PM
I was expecting something about my girly driving style back, but joking apart I thought when assembling them there could be an issue, trying to threadlock and grease within 1mm could lead to probs...but mine is still on the table so no probs except trying to get my brick of a speedo in!

telboy
23-03-2011, 10:30 PM
CHEESE!!!!!! :woot:

Rich D
23-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I was expecting something about my girly driving style back, but joking apart I thought when assembling them there could be an issue, trying to threadlock and grease within 1mm could lead to probs...but mine is still on the table so no probs except trying to get my brick of a speedo in!

Its the opposite end of the shaft Chris - the dogbone. Its pre manufactured. Id ring wherever you bought the car from im sure they will hook you up with a replacement after such a short term failure.

MikePimlott
23-03-2011, 10:34 PM
CHEESE!!!!!! :woot:

:lol:

SHY
23-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Like any newborn it just had to have some child diseases... :p

Ah, I just love my S2... :wub

pugboy
23-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Its the opposite end of the shaft Chris - the dogbone. Its pre manufactured. Id ring wherever you bought the car from im sure they will hook you up with a replacement after such a short term failure.


Oh yeah, doh, pay attention! I got carried away with a chance to have a pop at me old pal....

Yeh must be cheese related then (and too many power drifts sideways stu!)