View Full Version : Losi 22 - Undertray?
coleman758
25-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Well, The 22 chassis is a nice bit of kit. and i really would hate to see a scratch on it! To my knowledge nobody has made an undertray as of yet.
I have access to a vac former, So i'm working on a mould for an undertray.
i will have it finished at the first one made mid next week.
They will be clear ABS not lexan so they will be really hard wearing. They will be shaped to fit the chassis with pre marked out holes.
It would be a matter of take 4-6 screws out put the plastic on and screw them back up simple!
PM me or drop me a reply if your interested.
millser
25-03-2011, 08:19 PM
covered mine in sticky carbon fibre
bigred5765
25-03-2011, 08:26 PM
just use the chssis tape from wragg on here or his site http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk/page_1267572408593.html
coleman758
25-03-2011, 08:39 PM
covered mine in sticky carbon fibre
This was my first though.
But its going to come off easy because of the surface of the alloy, its not perfectly smooth. I'm surprised you got it to stick well in the first place!
millser
25-03-2011, 08:59 PM
it design to cover full size cars when wrapping them very sticky, had problem sticking to well. work as a sign maker
coleman758
25-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Fair enough then! I figured that surface would not be smooth enough.
Another plus side for an undertray is it can match your shell :) ( Hint aimed at Bigred! )
millser
25-03-2011, 09:26 PM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h389/simonmills/Picture031.jpg
millser
25-03-2011, 09:27 PM
can do that has a printed graphic as well
coleman758
25-03-2011, 10:20 PM
That actually looks pretty sweet! is that the 3M stuff?
millser
25-03-2011, 10:40 PM
yep :)
jampat2004
26-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Well, The 22 chassis is a nice bit of kit. and i really would hate to see a scratch on it! To my knowledge nobody has made an undertray as of yet.
I have access to a vac former, So i'm working on a mould for an undertray.
i will have it finished at the first one made mid next week.
I think i will open up the offer to you guys! They would be around £10.00 - £12.00 posted (Just need a final cost on the plastic.) They will be clear ABS not lexan so they will be really hard wearing. They will be shaped to fit the chassis with pre marked out holes.
It would be a matter of take 4-6 screws out put the plastic on and screw them back up simple!
PM me or drop me a reply if your interested.
i would def be interested in a clear undertray,will it fit on the inside of the shell so that you can velcro onto the undertray
sparrow.2
26-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Yeah, and while you're at it can you please make a lexan ball I can put the car in, pad it with cotton wool and then pull it round the track on a piece of string.
If it didn't want to be thrashed, it shouln't have become a racing car...
West Ridge Racing
26-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Give the guy a break. If someone wants to protect their cars from unnecessary damage it should be their choice.
I like my 1:1 car clean. I like my house with fresh paint and I like my racingcar looking like new all the time even though I race the shit out of it.
coleman758
26-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Yeah, and while you're at it can you please make a lexan ball I can put the car in, pad it with cotton wool and then pull it round the track on a piece of string.
If it didn't want to be thrashed, it shouln't have become a racing car...
I'm Sorry, but was there any need? I have spent so much money on my gear I dont even want to add it up! I like to keep it in the best condition I can.
If you dont don't buy one! But please don't lecture me and keep your "Smart" replys to yourself.
sparrow.2
26-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Just a bit of a poke, not a lecture :)
Chassis tape would be a lot easier if you want to keep it pristine.
coleman758
26-03-2011, 08:47 AM
i would def be interested in a clear undertray,will it fit on the inside of the shell so that you can velcro onto the undertray
Hello.
The plan is the undertray will mirror the bottom of the shell.
So Velcro can be used! So in theory you can create a Velcro seal.
shark
26-03-2011, 10:46 AM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h389/simonmills/Picture031.jpgThat looks Mint !!!! Gimey gimey
rcjunky
26-03-2011, 12:55 PM
I think making an undertrauy is a great idea, it would be alot stronger then vinyl. I have vinyl on the bottom of my now outdated losi and there was nothing left of it after 2 race days on dirt. If they're clear, it would look really pimp with a cf piece of vinyl under it so you get the looks and protection.
coleman758
26-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Well watch this space! I have had quite a few PM's about the undertrays.
i'm hoping to get the first ones made up in the next day few days.
I will post back on here and they will be available in the for-sale section too.
t8rtot
26-03-2011, 04:23 PM
What size sheet of carbon fibre is that?
coleman758
26-03-2011, 05:41 PM
What size sheet of carbon fibre is that?
Its Carbon Effect vinyl :thumbsup:
millser
26-03-2011, 06:36 PM
was a offcut of a roll
t8rtot
26-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I got that, like they said before its that 3M stuff. I need to know what size it is before I order it
t8rtot
26-03-2011, 07:15 PM
was a offcut of a roll
Ok, thanks
simoncrabb
26-03-2011, 07:35 PM
What's the 3M product name / number? I want to stock it.
coleman758
26-03-2011, 07:53 PM
What's the 3M product name / number? I want to stock it.
haha you need to stock some undertrays!! :thumbsup:
t8rtot
26-03-2011, 11:19 PM
This is where I'll be ordering mine from.. The have a wholesale option, not sure how viable that is for you guys across the pond
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/
ducatikid
31-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Hi, I've just purchsed this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250628760755&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I cut it in half lengthways so i'll have enough for two. For me it should last a life time as i'll only be able to race a couple of times a month at the indoor track at Teesside.
Nitrius
03-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Is there some kind of tape holding that carbon fiber thingy or?
And how is the clear undertray coming along?
PaulUpton
03-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Hi, I've just purchsed this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250628760755&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I cut it in half lengthways so i'll have enough for two. For me it should last a life time as i'll only be able to race a couple of times a month at the indoor track at Teesside.
Just ordered 2 sheets, going to cover everything in it :thumbsup:
Tom3012
03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
The carbon vinyl doesnt last very long unfortunately :cry:
coleman758
03-04-2011, 04:47 PM
The carbon vinyl doesnt last very long unfortunately :cry:
Hence why i made the undertray! hahaa :thumbsup::thumbsup:
there is images on the other thread
millser
05-04-2011, 09:35 AM
not had any probs with my carbon chassie ran over a concrete jump and not a single mark
Tom3012
05-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Four races and a final on a multi surface track and its scratched to buggery, might invest in an undertray :thumbsup:
Nitrius
05-04-2011, 03:08 PM
How do we buy the undertray? Just contact @coleman758 or?
Razer
05-04-2011, 05:26 PM
How do we buy the undertray? Just contact @coleman758 or?
Biltema har carbonfolie fra 3M som sitter som faen og tåler alt. Mye greiere:)
Muggydude
07-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Hence why i made the undertray! hahaa :thumbsup::thumbsup:
there is images on the other thread
what other thread?
wrightcs77
08-04-2011, 01:32 AM
what other thread?
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66860
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.