PDA

View Full Version : Show us your Vega :)


Pages : [1] 2

mikeyscott
25-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Come on people show us your Vega cars :)

grelland
27-03-2011, 07:59 AM
they have to manufacture it first...

InsideLineModels
27-03-2011, 08:58 AM
The kyosho vega has been out for around a month and the tamyia was released last week so they are out there!

discothesnake
27-03-2011, 08:57 PM
May as well be the first!! Here is my Vega RB5. Sorry for the shit paint job but i have a better one coming. This is the best 2WD car i have had.
Very well balanced and super smooth gearbox. :thumbsup:

Tekin RS Pro
Futaba S9550 Low profile servo
Spektrum SR3520
Team Orion 4500 Lipo

mikeyscott
28-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Shell done, just waiting on getting the rest of the car together and some rudebits stuff ready for my 201 Vega

chuckie stella
28-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Shell done, just waiting on getting the rest of the car together and some rudebits stuff ready for my 201 Vega

When are you finishing the other half!?!? :lol:

Nice work dude!:thumbsup:

chuckie stella
29-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Will try again later!! Stupid boy, pyke!

chuckie stella
30-03-2011, 08:33 AM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/200650_10150143072383449_701843448_6445291_2912380 _n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/199741_10150143071933449_701843448_6445282_7447357 _n.jpg

tomtom
30-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Pretty nice, Matt !

DaSloth
30-03-2011, 07:07 PM
did pupton do that for you mark? ;p

chuckie stella
30-03-2011, 08:52 PM
did pupton do that for you mark? ;p

NO!! How dare you, you know how ultra smooth and slick I am on these computer things!!!!:blush:

chuckie stella
30-03-2011, 09:05 PM
did pupton do that for you mark? ;p

Senior moment! I'm with you now. That has to by far the funniest thing captain Pupton has ever done. I was seriously impressed. Well, after I picked myself off of the floor from outrageous laughter!! :lol:

nicVEGAchildJR
31-03-2011, 06:27 PM
i will be running the vega b4.1 proto this weekend at silverstone

mikeyscott
31-03-2011, 07:19 PM
i will be running the vega b4.1 proto this weekend at silverstone

And where's the picture then if it's the showing thread......

nicVEGAchildJR
31-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I will be getting in at silverstone
I will also add a video to YouTube and I will add my channel to this when it's done

David Church
31-03-2011, 08:21 PM
I will be getting in at silverstone
I will also add a video to YouTube and I will add my channel to this when it's done

Does this mean you will be at Silverstone Nic?

nicVEGAchildJR
31-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Does this mean you will be at Silverstone Nic?

Yes it does and it will be the first time on the track for the car

RudeTony
01-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Now we are ready for the season - :)

http://www.rudebits.co.uk/images/myphotos/vegababy.jpg

Rebelrc
01-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Nice:thumbsup:
Lush paint Tony !
Still the best 2wd lol

Chequered Flag Racing
01-04-2011, 07:10 AM
I will be getting in at silverstone
I will also add a video to YouTube and I will add my channel to this when it's done

what's the name or link to your YT Channel?

David Church
01-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Yes it does and it will be the first time on the track for the car


Sweet see ya there:D

MHeadling
01-04-2011, 07:58 AM
Nice paint Tony, it looks ace!

Good luck with Vega B4.1 Nic please report back with how it goes, I cant wait to get my hands on one! :thumbsup:

nicVEGAchildJR
01-04-2011, 07:59 AM
what's the name or link to your YT Channel?

i will post the link once i have put the film on

rcpower
01-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Tony, can you please post a pic of the rear of the car?
I want to have a look at the rollbar...

nicVEGAchildJR
01-04-2011, 10:54 AM
ready for the 2011 season

mikeyscott
01-04-2011, 10:58 AM
ready for the 2011 season

V nice, who did that?

Rebelrc
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Nothing wrong with that shell:wub
Cant call that ugly!

nicVEGAchildJR
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
V nice, who did that?

yanos nagy from taplow rc
there is a race meet there tonight

nicVEGAchildJR
01-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Nothing wrong with that shell:wub
Cant call that ugly!

to right its amazing

DaSloth
02-04-2011, 03:01 PM
ready for the new season! :)

nicVEGAchildJR
04-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Pictures of my vega hopefully by Wednesday

Chequered Flag Racing
06-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Pictures of my vega hopefully by Wednesday

It's Wednesday and we're waiting :thumbsup:

nicVEGAchildJR
06-04-2011, 10:34 AM
It's Wednesday and we're waiting :thumbsup:

TBH they will be on the web before i can get mine, as mine is the car used for the photos

nicVEGAchildJR
06-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Hopefully 2moz now

grelland
06-04-2011, 08:58 PM
and according to the urban dictionary, does 2moz mean tomorrow... Why not just write "tomorrow" then...:confused:

nicVEGAchildJR
06-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Bcoz it's ezy init
LOOL

discothesnake
07-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Done another shell, not a great painter but better than last one. Love the car tho.

von.andersson
09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Took it to track today. Lovely car.

nicVEGAchildJR
10-04-2011, 05:35 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :drool:

mikeyscott
10-04-2011, 06:03 PM
Semi there. Raced it today, but need to get cooling into the shell as I unsoldered a battery wire. Seriously hot in there compare with my old SV.

Very nice though. Not owning a 4WD at the mo, 511 or SX3.. Think I'll stay with the Tamiya parts and go for the 511..

Was nice to race 2WD again outside (last time was with my SV at the F345s).

DaveG28
10-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Semi there. Raced it today, but need to get cooling into the shell as I unsoldered a battery wire. Seriously hot in there compare with my old SV.

Very nice though. Not owning a 4WD at the mo, 511 or SX3.. Think I'll stay with the Tamiya parts and go for the 511..

Was nice to race 2WD again outside (last time was with my SV at the F345s).

What motor are you using Mike? Surprised to see a 2wd oveheat!?

mikeyscott
10-04-2011, 06:09 PM
What motor are you using Mike? Surprised to see a 2wd oveheat!?

7.5 which always ran ok in my SV. When I took the shell off you could feel the heat release. So I'll be opening up the side hole and the two at the outside on the front.

SP LPF wiht a SP v3 7.5 - I believe the DR on the 201 Vega is 2.6 - ran 78/24. Will get some more gears from Neil at RW this week

Transmission is all free and diff isn't slipping etc.

grelland
10-04-2011, 07:24 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :drool:

Finally :) Thanks

Interesting to see. Especially the front end, is the entire bulkhead and top plate in alu/metal?

nicVEGAchildJR
10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Finally :) Thanks

Interesting to see. Especially the front end, is the entire bulkhead and top plate in alu/metal?

that bit is not standard i made that

MHeadling
11-04-2011, 03:57 PM
You can buy a similar bulk head for the B4 from GPM, have a look on e bay I am sure there will be some for sale or go to one of the HK model shops

MHeadling
11-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GPM-GRAPHITE-STAGE-1-MOD-GAB4012-SV-fits-ASSOCIATED-B4-/200586505535?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2eb3e32d3f

RudeTony
11-04-2011, 04:22 PM
I make that part in brass - LOL

grelland
11-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I know. I am using the brass one :)

Smartalec
11-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Semi there. Raced it today, but need to get cooling into the shell as I unsoldered a battery wire. Seriously hot in there compare with my old SV.

Very nice though. Not owning a 4WD at the mo, 511 or SX3.. Think I'll stay with the Tamiya parts and go for the 511..

Was nice to race 2WD again outside (last time was with my SV at the F345s).
I am running the shell completely uncut (except for the cooling hole around the slipper LOL) and i've had no problems with anything getting hot. I've been running a 6.5 Tekin motor with a SP LPF on 79/24 and it comes off barely warm. My opinion is you have something wrong with the electrics, maybe a short or something similar :confused:

TheReferee
11-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I am running the shell completely uncut (except for the cooling hole around the slipper LOL) and i've had no problems with anything getting hot. I've been running a 6.5 Tekin motor with a SP LPF on 79/24 and it comes off barely warm. My opinion is you have something wrong with the electrics, maybe a short or something similar :confused:

its not a cooling hole!!, if it was it wouldn't be legal:p

mikeyscott
11-04-2011, 08:27 PM
I am running the shell completely uncut (except for the cooling hole around the slipper LOL) and i've had no problems with anything getting hot. I've been running a 6.5 Tekin motor with a SP LPF on 79/24 and it comes off barely warm. My opinion is you have something wrong with the electrics, maybe a short or something similar :confused:

Sounds like I am under geared. I will check again, but never had a prob before. Want to get a low profile servo to move the esc to the middle

It de soldered a battery wire at lipo end. Never had that happen to me before.

Drive train is free and ok.

My ex Durango with a 7.5 gt2 pro came off cooler! I know a number of people had heat issues on Sunday. Is it our astro???

Hope I won't have to get a new LPF / 7.5
Is the 201 a 2.6 ratio box?

chuckie stella
11-04-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi Mike, I presume you mean grippy astro!? I doubt anywhere is grippier than our Stone track and in the heat yesterday my car barely got warm.

InsideLineModels
11-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I haven't been running any cooling holes either and have had no heat issues. I find it all comes off cooler due to the large heatsink... the motor plate/gearbox/chassis.

Just a quick question. when you put the gearbox together did you use all the shims supplied to stop end float of the layshaft?

mikeyscott
12-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I haven't been running any cooling holes either and have had no heat issues. I find it all comes off cooler due to the large heatsink... the motor plate/gearbox/chassis.

Just a quick question. when you put the gearbox together did you use all the shims supplied to stop end float of the layshaft?

Yes I did use the shims to stop the end float. Didn't use all of them as it became tight with the 3rd one.

Sounds like I'll be having another shell done in due course as I normally hate having holes!

If you look at the picture in the link - http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22583&d=1302458452 I've got the ESC at the edge of the car, thus may not be able to "breathe" with the shell so close. As said, plan to get a low profile savox servo and then move the ESC forwards and to the middle.

whissstle
15-04-2011, 10:21 AM
This is my Vega (B4) not .1. Its a fantastic piece of kit and i cant wait to give it its first run.

Sorry about the wiring and the bad quality pictures.:thumbsup:

MHeadling
15-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Nice one Tom, looks good! :thumbsup:

whissstle
15-04-2011, 10:29 AM
Cheers Mark.:woot:

von.andersson
15-04-2011, 10:49 AM
HPI thumb screws and screw post for battery strap.

mikeyscott
20-04-2011, 06:24 PM
New layout and much better :)

Just a question of whether to roll with the 7.5 or 6.5 going forward considering how much weight is in it!

JustARcFan
21-04-2011, 07:30 AM
What's the weight of the car?
What motors are you running?

I have the 28gr under servo + 92gr esc weight and the car is only 1572gr.

A 6.5R is in my opinion to hot as a motor. I have a 7.5SP and it's more than enough.


New layout and much better :)

Just a question of whether to roll with the 7.5 or 6.5 going forward considering how much weight is in it!

mikeyscott
21-04-2011, 07:37 AM
What's the weight of the car?
What motors are you running?

I have the 28gr under servo + 92gr esc weight and the car is only 1572gr.

A 6.5R is in my opinion to hot as a motor. I have a 7.5SP and it's more than enough.

I've also got the under LIPO weight. I'd have to get some new scales first....

What gearing are you running on your 7.5? I've also been playing with turbo ESCs

JustARcFan
21-04-2011, 07:39 AM
Last nationals I was running 78/26 and the car was VERY fast.

Did run 11.5 timing on the esc.

I've also got the under LIPO weight. I'd have to get some new scales first....

What gearing are you running on your 7.5? I've also been playing with turbo ESCs

grelland
21-04-2011, 09:05 PM
crappy mobile photos, and not yet finished, but here are a couple of shots of my B4.1 vega, although built by B4 parts. Diff is not here yet, so I haven't finished the transmission yet.

With the low-profile servo and novak kinetic esc, I fit all the electronics quite nicely.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega1.jpg
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega2.jpg

kirkys2
22-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Where is the undertray available from?

mikeyscott
22-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Where is the undertray available from?

That's an SV undertray

RudeTony
22-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Why!! Why would you want to change such a beautiful thing!!!!
I am on holiday and could not resist posting LOL
Keep it beautiful.......and fast....

Look below at Jimmys superb photography......yeah baby!

JustARcFan
22-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Prefer this shell :woot:

alex 22
22-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Hello everybody,
I was wondering how the axes of rear triangle. With the wedges pinch original B4 or a special room at VEGA. ?

Thanks you in adavance

Rebelrc
22-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm with Alex :thumbsup:

alex 22
22-04-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm with Alex :thumbsup:


???????

chuckie stella
22-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Why!! Why would you want to change such a beautiful thing!!!!
I am on holiday and could not resist posting LOL
Keep it beautiful.......and fast....

Look below at Jimmys superb photography......yeah baby!

Shame about the shell. Don't know who painted that for ya, dude!!:lol:

grelland
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
here's my Vega B4 with a 3-min paintjob shell:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega.jpg

Andyp
14-05-2011, 03:45 PM
My b4.1 conversion arrived this morning, Paint by Mike Parker
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1584/vegab4001.jpg

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4250/vegab4002.jpg

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3486/vegab4006.jpg

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/3887/vegab4005.jpg

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7688/vegab4004.jpg

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/176/vegab4003.jpg

Mike Parker
14-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Looking good fella! Be watching this going round see how it goes :thumbsup:

RudeTony
14-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Looking real good - all you need is some brass now and it's dialled - LOL

MHeadling
14-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Good Job! :thumbsup:

Nice wiring and paint, be a shame to to get it all dirty :woot:

MHeadling
14-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Here is my Vega B4, well pleased with it! Just need a nice paint job on the shell and she is done!

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/vega002.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/vega001.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/vega007.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/vega006.jpg

Rebelrc
14-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Bangin biscuits !!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Andyp
14-05-2011, 09:54 PM
all you need is some brass now and it's dialled - LOL

Cheers lads looking forward to getting it dirty , off now to do a google search for a brass weight supplier :D:D

grelland
19-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Since I have my own opinion on the vega shell, I tried a phat bodies shell for the cougar, and it did not turn out too bad (apart from my 2 min paint-job, that is...):
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/218798_2012238475783_1538405523_4018825_3257577_o. jpg

SuperSparkSteve
20-05-2011, 07:22 AM
Are you using the Cougar under tray with the Phat Bodies shell?

grelland
20-05-2011, 09:52 AM
yes I do

rcpower
25-05-2011, 09:39 AM
here she is, shell was done by Jon Miller
http://users.telenet.be/kempower2000_/rc/vega.JPG

Adam F
26-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Just finished bolting mine together... very impressed with the quality of the machining and how smooth the gearbox is..

Just waiting for my shell and its ready to go :thumbsup:

metalmickey0
26-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Since I have my own opinion on the vega shell, I tried a phat bodies shell for the cougar, and it did not turn out too bad (apart from my 2 min paint-job, that is...):

I totally agree with you. Wanted to see what a Vega was and the kit shell is so vile i dont wanna look at it, the Phat shell is waayyy better:thumbsup: Still not gunna change my B4 into one tho. Happy as it is

InsideLineModels
26-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Looks good Adam! Bet you cant wait to give it a blast now!

Adam F
26-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Too right!

Just hope I do it justice :blush:

Gayo
26-05-2011, 09:45 PM
here she is, shell was done by Jon Miller


Wow, Crisp tyres! Crazy rare :)

budgio
26-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Wow, Crisp tyres! Crazy rare :)

Whatever happened to Crisp tyres ? (nice Vega btw) :)

Gayo
26-05-2011, 11:38 PM
They were made by Medial Pro around 2000, when they tried to enter the 1/10th market. They were not the easiest tyres to work with as, for ultimate performance, you had to cut each pin (that's 1600 for a 4wd, trust me :o), glue them in a special way, add tape to the inside... Pit nightmare :lol:
They had several compounds, so you could use their tyres on all surfaces, from wet astro to loose dirt, or indoors.

Medial Pro was the maker of some of the best 1/8th rallycross tyres of the 90's, like the Pulsar, the Whoops, the Turbo... They won numerous Euro and World titles.

Medial Pro was forced to stop production a few years back when they couldn't afford local (french) production costs Vs chinese manufacturing. That's how our world goes nowadays...

Sorry for such an off topic post :rolleyes:

goldy
28-05-2011, 02:07 PM
I totally agree with you. Wanted to see what a Vega was and the kit shell is so vile i dont wanna look at it, the Phat shell is waayyy better:thumbsup: Still not gunna change my B4 into one tho. Happy as it is

so why did you come on here and waste your time making a comment on somthing that doesnt relate to you and to be honest I think most people are probably quite bored with the 'nice shell not nice shell' debate, if the look of a bodyshell really does feature that much in someones decision to buy a car then i would hate to think what their thoughts would be on whats underneath. I do own a vega and couldnt give a toss if it had a coke bottle strapped to it, all i care about is that it has made me progress with my driving skills

Adam F
02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Ready for the weekend! Paint by Janos... :thumbsup:

Crap Iphone photo's dont do it justice!!!!

AndyG
25-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Just about got mine ready in time for tomorrow....

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff426/eterrier/Cars/DSC01607.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff426/eterrier/Cars/DSC01608.jpg

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff426/eterrier/Cars/DSC01609.jpg

RudeTony
25-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Looks real nice there Andy but bare in mind when running a brass bulkhead it can slow the reaction of the car. Looks good though!!! :)

AndyG
25-06-2011, 10:09 AM
hmm interesting ... thought the theory was to get weight over the front to help the steering?

andys
25-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Looks great Andy.
I like the shell too.

Hopefully I might see it running tomorrow.

Hopefully coming over, I'll probably have to leave early though... So save me a space in Grason towers ;)

Found those cells too I'd lost too !

RudeTony
25-06-2011, 11:09 AM
hmm interesting ... thought the theory was to get weight over the front to help the steering?

Any weight over the axle will slow the reaction time for sure.
The B4.1 may be different but certainly for the Kyosho Vega, none of us use weight over the front axle. We do run weight under the Servo, Speedo and under the Lipos and adjust for different conditions.
Hope this helps you a little.
I still think it looks good - LOL

andys
25-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Looks real nice there Andy but bare in mind when running a brass bulkhead it can slow the reaction of the car. Looks good though!!! :)

Anything that slows the reaction time for the car down is good news for Andy :)

trf14
25-06-2011, 06:16 PM
TRFM201,
Here's my new toy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...... next week first run in Kampenhout..
RUdi

reg
25-06-2011, 07:17 PM
look lovely without the shell on:thumbsup:

nicVEGAchildJR
25-06-2011, 07:54 PM
TRFM201,
Here's my new toy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...... next week first run in Kampenhout..
RUdi

WHY did u use that shell:thumbdown:

quarter throttle
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
MY VEGA CAN FLY! :thumbsup: ;)

Ash

reg
17-07-2011, 12:08 PM
thanks team Xtream for the lovely kit:thumbsup:....sorry about the gay wheels on the rear:lol:
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=666&pictureid=4176

The Doktor
27-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Heres my 201 vega.. as yet hasnt been run...

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/vega1.jpg

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/vega2.jpg

MHeadling
27-07-2011, 07:00 AM
LooKing good! You didn't fancy the Vega shell then??

Did the gear cover just bolt on?? Is it a tamiya one??

/tobys
27-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Looks like it could be a Cougar shell...?

The Doktor
27-07-2011, 09:42 AM
LooKing good! You didn't fancy the Vega shell then??

Did the gear cover just bolt on?? Is it a tamiya one??

The vega shell just isnt my cup of tea :), so i went with a cougar shell. Which means i get to use an undertray to protect that beautifully machined chassis :). The gear cover is the tamiya one which is held on with a screw that required me to drilla hole in the motor mount. Theres also a piece of plastic on the other side meaning the gear is totally enclosed. I did this cos i thought the cougar was a bit tight around the spur gear.

Rich D
02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj305/D3URY/VEGA1.jpg

mikeyscott
02-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Very nice!

Wish I had got the RB5 edition instead of the TRF201 originally.

Rich D
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Very nice!

Wish I had got the RB5 edition instead of the TRF201 originally.


Cheers Mike :)

reg
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
the pic as crap but the car is awsome and sexy:thumbsup:


http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=666&pictureid=4216

GRIFF55
02-09-2011, 03:48 PM
2 good looking cars there rich and reg:thumbsup:

reg
02-09-2011, 04:11 PM
2 good looking cars there rich and reg:thumbsup:


thanks Griff,they go aswell as they look:woot:

Rich D
02-09-2011, 04:42 PM
2 good looking cars there rich and reg:thumbsup:

cheers bud :thumbsup:

chris68nufc
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
cheers bud :thumbsup:
+1 from me Rich, your rides are always very neat, those tiles are the most famous tiles on the net!! Liking the Vegas, was going to get one but waiting for the c4.1!

reg
02-09-2011, 10:51 PM
+1 from me Rich

:cry::woot::thumbsup:

mikeyscott
02-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Had a 201 and now have no 2wd, just a 511. Should have got the rbi edition on day one and left it at that.

The Chef
03-09-2011, 12:35 AM
Don';t suppose anyone from team extream is going to TORCH on sunday are they?:wub

Rich D
05-09-2011, 09:16 PM
+1 from me Rich, your rides are always very neat, those tiles are the most famous tiles on the net!! Liking the Vegas, was going to get one but waiting for the c4.1!


Just seen this, cheers Chris, hope to catch up at Worksop :thumbsup:

The Chef
06-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Can't wait tho get one of these. Must sell more shells:woot:

MHeadling
19-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Here is my stealth black Vega B4.1

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/Ve004.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/Ve002.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/Ve003.jpg

The Chef
20-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Here's mine.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/swampdub/Painted%20shells/P1050552.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/swampdub/Painted%20shells/P1050550.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/swampdub/Painted%20shells/P1050551.jpg

freddie
20-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Very nice mate

Rebelrc
20-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Car looks ace Mark!
Proper military looking!
The vents look like rocket pipes:thumbsup:

MHeadling
21-09-2011, 09:13 AM
That gives me an idea, Matt grey F16 style! Now how to get the missile's working, wonder if they are mentioned in the BRCA rule book!

styleone
21-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Here is my stealth black Vega B4.1

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/Ve004.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/Ve002.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy114/headling/Ve003.jpg

Nice! Actually looks like a Stealth Fighter Mark :) I pressume you used the Tamiya over-coating that causes the usual inside paint to look matt?

MHeadling
22-09-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Styleone, Yes its Tamiya PS55 on the outside of the shell 3 coats and black on the inside, just remember to to mask the windows on the outside to keep the shiny!

I really like it, who knows how it will hold up once its had a few crashs etc?!

Rebelrc
22-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi mark
Was it airbrushed on or rattle can?

MHeadling
22-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi Rebel! All rattle cans dude.

I don't own a airbrush, iv got a mate who is rather handy with one who does me shells now and again ! ;)

The Chef
24-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Wired mine up for tomorrow. Can't wait to drive it at torch.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/swampdub/P1050619.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/swampdub/P1050620.jpg

I think it looks quite tidy this way:)

Pedros20
27-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Hi all, thought it was about time i put up a few pictures of my new toy.
Loved the build, hope it goes as well as it looks, just need tyres now.
Thanks to Kev at Insideline Racing & Tony at Rude bits for your help. :drool: :wub
And Mike Parker for the Superb paint job

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/020.jpg

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/021.jpg

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/023.jpg

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/022.jpg

mikeyscott
27-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Superb :drool:

deepdale11
27-10-2011, 03:24 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:: drool::drool: LOVE IT!!

sime46
27-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Bollox. FOSTER!!!! I need one now!! Damn you. Lol. Looks treeemendo mucker.:thumbsup:

RudeTony
27-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Looks 'class'
Shorten the rear link and 1 extra 1mm washer under the front inside link and you're dialled -: Super job!!

Rebelrc
27-10-2011, 05:11 PM
Looks ace!
Nice car:drool:

Pedros20
27-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the compliments fella's, I have to say I absolutely love it already & haven't even ran it yet!
& thanks Tony for the setup advice, I'll get straight on it. :thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
27-10-2011, 05:52 PM
That looks very nice indeed! Good work.

Just building my new one up now so will post pics up when it's done.

mikeyscott
27-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments fella's, I have to say I absolutely love it already & haven't even ran it yet!
& thanks Tony for the setup advice, I'll get straight on it. :thumbsup:

Best one yet I think

RudeTony
27-10-2011, 06:02 PM
That looks very nice indeed! Good work.

Just building my new one up now so will post pics up when it's done.

Bad man - LOL

Adam F
27-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Looks awesome mate.... who said vega's were ugly? Fools!!!!!!!!!!

/tobys
27-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the compliments fella's, I have to say I absolutely love it already & haven't even ran it yet!
& thanks Tony for the setup advice, I'll get straight on it. :thumbsup:

Looks great dude :thumbsup:

You racing it at Brox on Sunday?

kayce
27-10-2011, 09:22 PM
:woot:

Pedros20
28-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Looks great dude :thumbsup:

You racing it at Brox on Sunday?

No mate got plans, going to Worksop the week after though :thumbsup:

styleone
28-10-2011, 10:40 AM
My 201 Vega :wub But why wont my images direct link pick up the rotation on photobucket??
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd378/teamblackcountry/vega1.jpg

dbizzle5
28-10-2011, 06:14 PM
The G-Speed TRF Vega :thumbsup:

Toyman
28-10-2011, 06:20 PM
What shell is that?

reg
28-10-2011, 06:21 PM
The G-Speed TRF Vega :thumbsup:

how come ian is running the tamiya now:confused:

reg
28-10-2011, 06:21 PM
What body is that?

its a gay one:woot:

dbizzle5
28-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Mellish is still runing the Kyosho. This is just another one he had lying around!

The shell is a G-Speed shell.:thumbsup:

Rich D
28-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi all, thought it was about time i put up a few pictures of my new toy.
Loved the build, hope it goes as well as it looks, just need tyres now.
Thanks to Kev at Insideline Racing & Tony at Rude bits for your help. :drool: :wub
And Mike Parker for the Superb paint job

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr33/pedros20/020.jpg



Wow looks awesome Pete :thumbsup: See you at Worksop


The G-Speed TRF Vega :thumbsup:

This yours Dan ? :thumbsup:

reg
28-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Wow looks awesome Pete :thumbsup: See you at Worksop


more people for me to pester:woot:

Pedros20
29-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Wow looks awesome Pete :thumbsup: See you at Worksop




This yours Dan ? :thumbsup:

Yeah see you there Rich, looking forward to it. mate

/tobys
29-10-2011, 07:24 AM
The G-Speed TRF Vega :thumbsup:

Looks good dude! Liking the semi-cab forward shell too :thumbsup:

You running this tomorrow?

njc11
29-10-2011, 12:33 PM
That looks very nice indeed! Good work.

Just building my new one up now so will post pics up when it's done.

Complete with big bores?!?!?! :p

Be interested to hear how you find the new front end!
:thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Complete with big bores?!?!?! :p

Be interested to hear how you find the new front end!
:thumbsup:

I've never run the big bores before so it'll be interesting. Had to make sure everything fits ok with the WC and conversion, so thats the reason for the new car :). The longer wishbones should stiffen the front a little which could be a good thing!

All went together well anyway! I'll put some pictures up in a minute..

njc11
29-10-2011, 01:32 PM
I've never run the big bores before so it'll be interesting. Had to make sure everything fits ok with the WC and conversion, so thats the reason for the new car :). The longer wishbones should stiffen the front a little which could be a good thing!

All went together well anyway! I'll put some pictures up in a minute..

Cool.... im on 6 hole pistons at the mo from Nick G (1mm & 1.1mm)... big improvement last weekend.. :thumbsup:

Will the longer wishbone help with steering as well u reckon??? Have you noticed the holes are in slightly different positions on the front shock tower to?

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Heres some pics of the new RB5 WC Vega Elite, finished of with Rudebits weights and Inside Line Racing stainless screw kit! :)

Looking forward to giving this a run tomorrow!


http://www.the-pred.co.uk/pictures/Vega/Vega%20RB5%20WC/IMG_3307.JPG

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/pictures/Vega/Vega%20RB5%20WC/IMG_3308.JPG



http://www.the-pred.co.uk/pictures/Vega/Vega%20RB5%20WC/IMG_3317.JPG

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/pictures/Vega/Vega%20RB5%20WC/IMG_3324.JPG
http://www.the-pred.co.uk/pictures/Vega/Vega%20RB5%20WC/IMG_3332.JPG
http://www.the-pred.co.uk/pictures/Vega/Vega%20RB5%20WC/IMG_3316.JPG

mikeyscott
29-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Love it and the car I should have..

Rebelrc
29-10-2011, 04:50 PM
Quality! Kev.
Is that clutch a new part?
Are they pred spring washers on it?
Looks very purposeful :thumbsup:

RudeTony
29-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Kev, the car is looking hot but don't forget the new tower is different on the upper holes and it's taller too.
The middle on new tower is the inner of the older tower and its taller for more up travel.
Just in case you forget - LOL
Text me tomorrow and let me know how it goes - I will be at TORCH

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Cool.... im on 6 hole pistons at the mo from Nick G (1mm & 1.1mm)... big improvement last weekend.. :thumbsup:

Will the longer wishbone help with steering as well u reckon??? Have you noticed the holes are in slightly different positions on the front shock tower to?

I'm hoping it's a little bit more consistent but it'll be hard to tell with the big bore aswell... i suppose i should try with small bores too.

I didn't actually realise they were different! I just read tony's post too..

It's been difficult to find the time to build it this week, so i haven't compared it to the old version as much as i would have liked. Thanks for the heads up.

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Quality! Kev.
Is that clutch a new part?
Are they pred spring washers on it?
Looks very purposeful :thumbsup:

Yeah the clutch is new mate... it's all Kyosho

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Kev, the car is looking hot but don't forget the new tower is different on the upper holes and it's taller too.
The middle on new tower is the inner of the older tower and its taller for more up travel.
Just in case you forget - LOL
Text me tomorrow and let me know how it goes - I will be at TORCH

Yeah i didn't realise... although up travel is now limited by the innner ballstud mount becuase the pivot pins are closer together. So you have to use limiters on the shock shafts to stop the wishbone hitting it.

Have fun a TORCH... to far for me as i'm on baby duty all night..........

njc11
29-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Have any of you Vega drivers tried the rear narrow hinge pin pivots?

UMW511, UMW512...

You should! :thumbsup: dremelling required yes... but the result is good :thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Meant to say i'm also using the tapered pistons thanks to Nick. I'm starting with 1.2mm all round and 6 hole rear 5 front. 30wt rear and 40 front. Feels good on the bench but maybe could do with 4 hole front... we'll see tomorrow.

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Have any of you Vega drivers tried the rear narrow hinge pin pivots?

UMW511, UMW512...

You should! :thumbsup: dremelling required yes... but the result is good :thumbsup:

I haven't but considered it recently to get a bit less drive. I think you'd only need to shave a little of the chassis. Do you run the same wishbones?

njc11
29-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Yep run same wishbones... with the narrower mounts your shocks end up more stood up, so no need for the new hole youve drilled on the wishbone...

You have to shave more than you think of the chassis..

Ive found it made the car much more consistent, gives loads more steering ..( you dont need the front end as soft in springing...& i dont use the vega steering knuckle arm mod either ) without any other sacrifices especially in rear traction Suprised me really as i would have thought it would make the rear end even more locked in... im also back using 0 deg hubs!

Try up front 6 x 1.1mm 40wt Kyosho Yellow... and Rear 6 x 1.2mm kyosho Red 30wt.. maybe 35wt... sweet ;)

The Chef
29-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Is it possable to upgrade the slipper assembly on the SP2?

InsideLineModels
29-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Yes, it's the same layshaft on the wc so you'd just need, plates, pads, spring and a couple of washers.

tomtom
29-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Look nice Kevin !

Glad to see some news on an already awesome car. Will try the steering arm mod as soon as they arrive.

Side pods weights, when these will be available ?

Will post some pictures of mine tomorrow.

kayce
29-10-2011, 10:10 PM
:woot:

RudeTony
30-10-2011, 05:16 AM
:woot:

LOL - its not even an Elite model and still a winner :)

deepdale11
31-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Here's mine...


http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3185/photo11as.jpg

The Chef
31-10-2011, 09:28 PM
F@$£ that looks good.

Rich D
31-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Here's mine...


http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3185/photo11as.jpg


Looks fantastic Chris !

wes j.
31-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Rich have you noticed the Jolly Goodz rear shock tower :thumbsup:.

Rich D
31-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Rich have you noticed the Jolly Goodz rear shock tower :thumbsup:.

Sweet Wes. I thought that they were going to be clear ? If you have stock bring me one to Worksop please bud :thumbsup:

Pedros20
01-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Looks fantastic Chris !


Very nice Chris, you ran it yet?

Adam F
01-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Wes, how much for the towers?

I'm not a big fan of the stock ones so would be interested in giving one a go.

deepdale11
01-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Some pictures of Wes's shock towers,they are clear with carbon effect stuck on!


http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9291/photoshocktower2.jpg
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9218/photoshocktower1.jpg

deepdale11
01-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Very nice Chris, you ran it yet?


Thanks Pete....Yeah, first run was at Worksop and then at Broxtowe at the weekend, LOVE IT!!

samd
02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Here's mine...


http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3185/photo11as.jpg

Looking good !

chuckie stella
02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Looking good !

do I recognise that car? :thumbsup:

deepdale11
03-11-2011, 06:59 AM
do I recognise that car? :thumbsup:


LOL.....I think you might :D

brooksy
03-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Ah!,Mr Dixon,your still with us then!!!. Are you going to worksop this Sunday? . What you running now?.

Robbiejuk
03-11-2011, 12:40 PM
LOL.....I think you might :D

You should have seen what he has done to your orignal body matt :cry:

chuckie stella
05-11-2011, 08:41 PM
You should have seen what he has done to your orignal body matt :cry:

He had two of them!

deepdale11
05-11-2011, 08:59 PM
He had two of them!

I sprayed it black so people didnt keep coming up to me and say "why have you got Matt's car" lol, that's all, I still have the other one!:thumbsup:

grelland
09-11-2011, 05:43 PM
mine with a new shell.

first attempt ever with an airbrush...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/pabil.jpg


and the internals:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega-1.jpg

I tried mounting the esc on top of the battery strap, and it makes for a clean install and short leads. It also fits perfectly inside the body.

Will see how it works next week-end. I am mostly thinking of the practicality of changing batteries, but maybe the raised center of gravity will affect handling (?)

uijui
20-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Finlands only (as I know) Vega Elite B4.1 at Finnish Winterjumps series, race 1 19.11 at Nokia.

http://bridge.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Wj%201%202011-2012,%20Nokia/IMG_5992_1+%281%29.jpghttp://bridge.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Wj+1+2011-2012%2C+Nokia/IMG_5992_1+%281%29.jpg/_big.jpg?hash=13518

I had couple of problems at qualify. 1st ok (14), 3 other DNF (speed passion 9.5 failed, idler gear failed, sensor wire failed). Switched to lrp 7.5 (sick fast :p).....managed to get to C-final, 9 starting place at grid. Finished 2,1,1 = 1

Vega handles very well also at that kind of surface, coated concrete, with some coca cola for grip. Littlebit more steering is what it needs.....

MHeadling
20-11-2011, 08:46 PM
That's a good looking Vega!

Great action shot! What shells that??

I'm loving my Vega B4, best 2wd iv ever had :D

deepdale11
20-11-2011, 09:00 PM
That's a good looking Vega!

Great action shot! What shells that??

I'm loving my Vega B4, best 2wd iv ever had :D

It looks like the Phat Bodies shell for the Cougar...

tomtom
20-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Here's mine (Kifo paint job)

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1613/dsc01077dn.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/2601/dsc01074o.jpg

discothesnake
20-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Hi Tom

Thats looks superb! Very tidy car all round.

Dave

tomtom
20-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Was done with your RB5 Disco :thumbsup:

Can't wait to receive my WC kit and long chassis conversion.

uijui
21-11-2011, 06:58 AM
It looks like the Phat Bodies shell for the Cougar...

Yes it is. With no undertray. It has been cut for cougar, so the front is little bit short....but it keeps the car cool...

uijui
21-11-2011, 07:02 AM
mine with a new shell.

first attempt ever with an airbrush...

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/pabil.jpg


and the internals:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/grelland/vega-1.jpg

I tried mounting the esc on top of the battery strap, and it makes for a clean install and short leads. It also fits perfectly inside the body.

Will see how it works next week-end. I am mostly thinking of the practicality of changing batteries, but maybe the raised center of gravity will affect handling (?)

Nice! Though I think that you should modify that link between servo and steering parts (it's angle because of small servo or unsuitable horn)....

grelland
21-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I will have a look at that, but as you can see, the steering is not centered; it is pointing a bit to the left, so that may excaggerate the angle of the horn/link

Rebelrc
21-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Tom Tom your car looks amazing! Super neat and paint looks first class

wolffux
21-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Here is mine!
Finished it last Thursday and raced it on Sunday! Had a stock setup and it worked already very well! Had a 6.5 Turn Motor in and it went wicked fast! Great to handle, MEGA amount of steering! Qualified 2nd; finished 2nd! but had the fastest lap times of the day!

Rebelrc
21-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Wolfux nice car! How was the build?

wolffux
22-11-2011, 10:02 AM
The building was awesome! I made 1 or 2 small mistakes during the assembly! But they were minor (had the wrong rear arms with only the front mounting holes for the schocks and forgot to dremel off the clearance of the outdrives of the gearbox assy)! My bad! The only 2 negative things are first the lack of a small manual/blank setup sheet! So much afford was done and no manual? I don't need a manual like Tamiya/KYOSHO or Asso! But a sheet with some building tips and hints would have been great! Second is the quite high price! I paid 220 GBP which is approx. 260 Euros! For a conversion not a whole car!
But for me it was worth it!

uijui
06-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Vega Elite B4.1 at Finland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtV_bhf21IE

mikeyscott
19-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Will post better pics tonight

jackeltrader
22-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Does any know what shell is this??
Currently looking at alternatives to the standard 1st gen body - I love the look of this.....can anyone identify it for me? Also where did the spur cover come from and how is it fitted?
Sorry for all the questions but I have to know -it's life and death :)
thanks chaps!


Prefer this shell :woot:

MHeadling
22-01-2012, 10:37 AM
What shell do you mean?? no pics/links in your post??

I imagine your looking at the Centro shell, you can get these from CML
but you will need to adapt gearbox to take a gear cover , i.e drill and tap motor plate

mikeyscott
22-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Hi,

Yes I'm back with the Vega, but Kyosho RB5 long chassis version and loving it. My 2WD car for 2012.

Special thanks to SteveB, Kev Lee and Tony Evdoka.

Shell was painted by Jon at RCS

Kit wise:
Orion R10
Orion motor
Sanwa RX
Savox 1257 servo

Had it's 2nd run at TORCH today and I've got some work to do on my driving, but the car is superb.

http://www.michael.scott.btinternet.co.uk/Vega/DSCF2427.JPG

http://www.michael.scott.btinternet.co.uk/Vega/DSCF2426.JPG

MHeadling
22-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Very Nice Mikey! :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
22-01-2012, 09:02 PM
Very Nice Mikey! :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, THE 2WD car for 2012 for ME. If I start changing cars again I'll be leaving the hobby - simple as.

Kyosho big bore too, but also got a set of standard bore and big bore with sleves to test.

Lots of track time to learn it for Off Road Wars and Mid South regionals.

MHeadling
22-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Good man, the Kyosho Vega's do seem to very well, lots of great drivers to help out too!

I'll keep plugging away with my AE version for now........

tomtom
22-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Me too, Vega RB5 long for 2012.

Awesome car. Work on big bores setups and got some nice ones but may try small bores too as they seemed to react quicker were BB are smoother on jumps and bumpy sections.

Keep us posted Mickey on SB/BB !

Big thanks to Kevin Lee and Tony for tips and very good communication with Team Xreme too.

Lots of Vega on tracks soon here, very good news for the team, they deserve it.

reg
22-01-2012, 09:55 PM
does the shell from the std chassis fit the longer one ok?

mikeyscott
22-01-2012, 10:04 PM
No prob with mine. Have a look above

gurnell
10-05-2012, 02:38 PM
Here is mine, ready for this weekends national at RHR.

If apple made conversions I suspect they would look a lot like the vega.

KennyClark
10-05-2012, 03:10 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/KennyClark/vega.jpg

clint
10-05-2012, 03:55 PM
here is my V2 201 Vega..no track time yet as our indoor track has been closed :(

olefiloux
10-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Here is mine, ready for this weekends national at RHR.

If apple made conversions I suspect they would look a lot like the vega.

The saddle fit in the "long" position on all the V2 versions?
What is the best "donor" to build a Vega v2??

cheers.

gurnell
11-05-2012, 06:36 AM
The saddle fit in the "long" position on all the V2 versions?
What is the best "donor" to build a Vega v2??

cheers.

They only fit in the long position on the tamiya version. As for the best donor, the popular opinion is that the kyosho is the best version. I haven't had chance to run my tamiya version yet so I can't really comment other than Lee Martin did rather well at the first national of the year.

racingdwarf
11-05-2012, 10:48 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/KennyClark/vega.jpg
I love the track in the photo,"old school" :thumbsup::thumbsup: should be a swb cat on the grid!

discothesnake
11-05-2012, 02:45 PM
The saddle fit in the "long" position on all the V2 versions?
What is the best "donor" to build a Vega v2??

cheers.

I ran the RB5 version last year and it was great. This year i have a gen 2 Tamiya version. Built it from a brand new 201 and ran it once only.
Seems not as pointy as the older version but man, it looks like a boat!!!!

Once i get it sorted it should be great.

Dave

olefiloux
11-05-2012, 05:45 PM
You mean that the V1 was pointy, and the V2 is long as a boat!?:eh?::)
( and the donor isn't so much important!?)

discothesnake
11-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Yes the version 1 seemed more aggressive. The version 2 Tamiya is very long compared to the older one. Nice car tho.

Dave

sime46
15-05-2012, 08:15 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/sime46/eebdca03.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/sime46/956a3675.jpg
My Rb5 Vega. Thanks to Mike Parker for the shell. :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
15-05-2012, 08:16 PM
very nice mate :)

Need to stick down the PT .... ;)

I'm not a massive fan of the new shell so will be looking at getting a proline 22 done for it.

sime46
15-05-2012, 08:25 PM
It's velcro'd to the side of the servo mate. It's going nowhere. :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
15-05-2012, 08:28 PM
It's velcro'd to the side of the servo mate. It's going nowhere. :thumbsup:

Good skills :)

Well I'll get a proline 22 painted, but also have a DB1. I like options :thumbsup:

sime46
15-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I've got the pro line shell too. Only in black tho. Gotta say I love the shape of the gen2 Vega shell. The DB1 looks awesome. Petes building one. I'm waiting. Only just got the Vega.

mikeyscott
15-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Cool, has he got it yet?

Gen2 lexan quality on mine is terrible, really thin one side and varied thickness elsewhere. So proline 22 in my colours soon and gen2 in bin. Gen2 are in my colours but shell quality let's it down.

SteveB has also moved to db1 as he sold his vega tonight I think.

Either way back to back time, but vega for this weekends regional.

Vega with Orion kit, DB1 with SP and two 451 Sanwa RXs

The Chef
18-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I love my RB5 WC gen 2 vega, very forgiving. The car is capable of going quicker than I'll ever be able to drive it so don't see the pint in changing. The best way to improve is to stay with the car you like and get to know it. Is it not? I've got steadily better over the last year. It is now about constancy and little Tweeks. I'll never be F1 but to be consistant and improve as far as I can will be great. I don't mind loosing as long as I feel that I raced my best and even better it is great to battle against someone of equal ability neck and neck. That is a great feeling.

discothesnake
23-05-2012, 08:37 AM
My new Vega 201 version 2.

2nd on a now badly worn grid at round 3 of Scottish Championship.

Took the round win from Kenny Clark on Pole. (Vega B4)

Junior Z
27-05-2012, 06:58 AM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560160_10150678333880000_788609999_9577571_1260233 510_n.jpg

mes
28-05-2012, 04:51 AM
Nice car! I wonder if there'll ever be a conversion kit for my B-Max2. Would be nice for the indoor season... :wub

Gayo
28-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Fantastic, Junior :thumbsup:

ceejay21
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/560160_10150678333880000_788609999_9577571_1260233 510_n.jpg

that is a very tasty Vega! :drool:

tomtom
04-06-2012, 12:09 AM
And a very tasty and crazy fast driver !

rc_penguin
04-06-2012, 11:21 AM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/1126/wp000377r.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/wp000377r.jpg/)

MHeadling
04-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Looks great Will, nice paint too!

Dalton
05-06-2012, 08:44 PM
My kit turned up last weekend :) Gen 2 201 :)

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/Pro_Tech/RC%20Cars/DSC00263.jpg

xfactor
05-06-2012, 08:54 PM
One word Dalton, Stunnnnning mate just look at it and keep looking at it, and looking at it then clean it :D thats what i do with mine welcome to vega family :thumbsup: be nice to see it complete.

andoiwebb
05-06-2012, 11:31 PM
I can vouch for xfactor's keen-to-clean-ness, he loves his vega.

quarter throttle
06-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Got my the new shaped Vega shell mounted up today, i'm liking it! :thumbsup:

shark
06-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Wheres the pink dude ??

wes j.
06-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Got my the new shaped Vega shell mounted up today, i'm liking it! :thumbsup:

Sweet looking shock tower protector mate :thumbsup:.

AndrewCaunt
06-06-2012, 02:31 PM
Sweet looking shock tower protector mate :thumbsup:.

And a nice rear gear box protector Thanks to Wes J :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich D
06-06-2012, 04:54 PM
And a nice rear gear box protector Thanks to Wes J :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:


You mean thanks To Rich D via a generous Wes J ;)

Dalton
06-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Its built but need a pro shell doing to match my 511 :)

Also is the Gen2 longer wheel base as this thing looks longer than my old Losi22

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e179/Pro_Tech/2012-06-06175949.jpg

AndrewCaunt
06-06-2012, 05:33 PM
You mean thanks To Rich D via a generous Wes J ;)

Thanks Mr Drury :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rich D
06-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks Mr Drury :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:wub :thumbsup:

wes j.
06-06-2012, 07:44 PM
You mean thanks To Rich D via a generous Wes J ;)

:blush::blush:.