View Full Version : B4 Brushless gearing
Tansley
03-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi, Im sure if I took the time to read all the threads the answer would be out there, but to save time i'll ask.
I'm running a B4 with a Novak 6.5 brushless motor, what spur & pinnion gears should I be using? i've been advised 21 & 81.
Ta
josh_smaxx
03-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Id go for a 20 pinion, if it isnt sintered then that should be spot on.
Chris Green
03-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Novak recommend a ratio of 10 for the 6.5, so the 21t will be spot on with an 81 spur, giving a ratio of 10.03.
josh_smaxx
03-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Yep, that comes out at a ratio of 10.03 ;) good stuff.
Southwell
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
What gearing for sintered then?
James
03-12-2007, 02:14 PM
lrp/nosram 6.5 i use either 19 or 20 pinion, standard spur, never had any problems...
DusterX17
05-12-2007, 01:44 AM
Hey guys, how do you calculate the gear ratio?
and so with a Brushless novak ss5800 what would be the gears that are safe to use?
Chris Green
05-12-2007, 08:27 AM
(Spur / Pinion) * FDR
The FDR I have for the B4 is 2.6
josh_smaxx
05-12-2007, 04:40 PM
What gearing for sintered then?
If it were sintered i would go one less to make up for the extra torque, just me though, ideally mine should be run on a 19t pinion, but i only had a 20t and its been perfect for me.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.