PDA

View Full Version : TLR 22 pinion size ?


smitty
29-03-2011, 09:28 PM
Hi i was wondering what pinion size to use on my 22 i am running the kit spur and a 6.5 motor any help would be much appreciated .

stegger
29-03-2011, 09:34 PM
The manual say's a 21 mate. But it will also depend on the track.

coleman758
29-03-2011, 09:57 PM
I have an 8.5t and i'm running a 24 tooth?

I guess just try a few out!

Chris56
29-03-2011, 10:06 PM
I ran a 20t at Bridgeford last friday. Are you selling the X6 then?

steveproracing
29-03-2011, 10:08 PM
This depends on what make motor u run as the kit manual suggested ratios are a lot higher than say lrps suggestions for their x12s

Tlr recommend 23t for a 7.5 yet when I worked out the ratio lrp advise it's only a 20t pinion!!

Have a look what final drive ratio is advised in your motor instructions. I'm not keen on gearing my motors as high as tlr recommend!! Perhaps this is just me being cautious!!

Chequered Flag Racing
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
TLR recommend 23t for a 7.5 yet when I worked out the ratio lrp advise it's only a 20t pinion!!



is TLR's quote based on Losi's own tyres which are bigger and expand at full throttle?

We use smaller OD Schumachers so a pinion up on the manual would make sense for the UK, I think.

So I've put a Novak Ballistic 8.5 (standard motor timing & no boost esc) on 24/76. See how see runs at the weekend.

stegger
10-05-2011, 08:03 PM
is TLR's quote based on Losi's own tyres which are bigger and expand at full throttle?

We use smaller OD Schumachers so a pinion up on the manual would make sense for the UK, I think.

So I've put a Novak Ballistic 8.5 (standard motor timing & no boost esc) on 24/76. See how see runs at the weekend.

I was running 23/76 at batley on an SP 8.5 V3 and could have gone up to be honest, motor and speedo ( SP gt2 ) were only a bit warm. It may have even helped with the traction.

Martyn (Bomber)
10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
I've been running a 6.5 x12 at 21/76 and 0 boost/timing, it runs well but the motor is bloody hot after 5 minutes.

frogger
10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
I am running a 20T with my Novak Ballistic 6.5. With a 21T it gets very hot. This is for indoor at Taplow.

Martyn (Bomber)
10-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I am running a 20T with my Novak Ballistic 6.5. With a 21T it gets very hot. This is for indoor at Taplow.

So did dropping to a 20T make it much cooler?

frogger
10-05-2011, 11:42 PM
So did dropping to a 20T make it much cooler?

Yep, noticeably. :)

Martyn (Bomber)
11-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Yep, noticeably. :)

Ok cool, I'll give a 20T a go then ;)

ianhaye
11-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Martin I was having cut out probs with tekin n x12 6.5 i droped to 18 and profile 2 Did notice ur car was still acceratering easily 3/4 of main straight

Gnarly Old Dog
11-05-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm running 20/76 with an Xcelorin 6.5T but like others have said - much will depend on your ESC profile, rotor diameter and the amount timing advance in either the motor or the ESC.

Martyn (Bomber)
11-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Martin I was having cut out probs with tekin n x12 6.5 i droped to 18 and profile 2 Did notice ur car was still acceratering easily 3/4 of main straight

Yeah it was rapid Ian:o, I am surprised how well it went for it's first run tho, the SV last year took a lot more tinkering to get it dialed in.

Just need to sort out the gear ratio and I think I'll leave the rest, I'm well happy with pole position and 2nd in the final on it's first week:thumbsup: