PDA

View Full Version : Homemade mid-motor weight kit


Kommando98
31-03-2011, 08:19 PM
Okay, I am going the mid motor route over here in the US. Most mid motor setups that I've seen use the weight system pictured below to add some weight to the back of the buggy to increase rear traction a bit. It screws onto the top of the rear bulkhead and hangs the weight over the rear of the buggy. Anyhow, seeing as how the 22 is so new, there aren't any of these weights available for another month or so, so I'm looking to see what I can possibly make myself to serve the same purpose.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/catalog/TLR4151-450.jpg

Looking for a weight somewhere between 50-60 grams (1.76-2.11 ounces).

I'm thinking of making some sort of weight with lead fishing weights and JB welding it to a piece of lexan or thin carbon fiber that I can screw into the transmission to achieve the same effect. Anyone else have any other ideas?

stegger
31-03-2011, 08:31 PM
That's already available in the UK fella ;)

Kommando98
31-03-2011, 08:37 PM
That's already available in the UK fella ;)

I know it is, but not here in the states yet. :thumbdown: Plus I'm gonna race mine this weekend so I'm gonna need to fabricate something since I can't get one shipped here in time.

Spencer Mulcahy
31-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I have used what we call lead flashing on mine. I have four pieces of lead each at 15g which sit ontop of each other with two holes drilled to attach to the gear box the same as the losi item.

Kommando98
31-03-2011, 10:36 PM
So you have the holes drilled directly through the flashing? Or did you stick them to lexan?