View Full Version : summer/rain
BillyB
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
:confused:Seeing as though our summer really aint normally that sunny whats the score with waterproofing the cars, does anyone do it or just dont race if its wet??????
captainlip
01-04-2011, 04:29 PM
We just thrash them through the puddles until they cut out
budfish
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM
We just thrash them through the puddles until they cut out
You've never raced at goshen In the rain infact I think you must have only raced indoors about 5 times at bury metro so I hardly think you have any right to speak on the members behalf Phil so wind your neck in
We do water proof our cars Billy lad with gaffer tape and blue tac sounds mad but it's an age old method that's affective
Buds
Chris B
01-04-2011, 06:15 PM
:confused:Seeing as though our summer really aint normally that sunny whats the score with waterproofing the cars, does anyone do it or just dont race if its wet??????
I don't know what car you are running but from experience anything with an undertray will keep the water out very well. Just make sure the openings for the steering arms are taped up so they are no bigger than they have to be.
rc10fan
01-04-2011, 07:08 PM
why would you want to run an electric buggy in the rain? don't know about you but all the money and time spent on this hobby why risk blowing it up for some club meet in the rain. no thanks
captainlip
01-04-2011, 07:16 PM
I've been at bury indoors and out at least 15 times
The Bod
01-04-2011, 07:45 PM
I've been at bury indoors and out at least 15 times
Ha ha ha. Looks like Buds is getting at you. :p
There has only been 9 indoor meetings at Coney Green over the winter period and I do not think the B4/ Durango was present at all of them (probably being re-built or awaiting new bling). You must have raced outdoors pretty much every week between August and October to have knocked up the 15 race days :thumbsup:
I personally will be taking Bud's advice with the tape and blue tac as I cannot afford my electrics to be cutting out. I know the new track will have improved drainage but astroturf will hold water which will inevitably spray up off the tyres.
Any news on the first start racing date? Is the track finished yet?
JonyNitro
01-04-2011, 07:48 PM
soon we hope
mattb
01-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Ha ha ha. Looks like Buds is getting at you. :p
There has only been 9 indoor meetings at Coney Green over the winter period and I do not think the B4/ Durango was present at all of them (probably being re-built or awaiting new bling). You must have raced outdoors pretty much every week between August and October to have knocked up the 15 race days :thumbsup:
I personally will be taking Bud's advice with the tape and blue tac as I cannot afford my electrics to be cutting out. I know the new track will have improved drainage but astroturf will hold water which will inevitably spray up off the tyres.
Any news on the first start racing date? Is the track finished yet?you and billy b will be fine in the rain with your b44s as they where designed in the olden days when the rain was very heavy and you needed an undertray to protect your chassis from the cobble roads:p
rc10fan
01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
harsh matt lol
weathers picking up mate for sunday :) southport
mattb
01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
harsh matt lol
weathers picking up mate for sunday :) southportive got flu mate,spoke to rob mills today shall i pm you his number dont think ill be going?
The Bod
01-04-2011, 08:18 PM
you and billy b will be fine in the rain with your b44s as they where designed in the olden days when the rain was very heavy and you needed an undertray to protect your chassis from the cobble roads:p
Ha ha ha. To be honest, I am not bothered as the B44 is a great car and perfect for a beginner to learn with. :p
mattb
01-04-2011, 08:21 PM
dont worry bod,you could own a tamiya 502x these toys are even more rubbish than durangos:woot:!!!!!
MikePimlott
01-04-2011, 08:41 PM
dont worry bod,you could own a tamiya 502x these toys are even more rubbish than durangos:woot:!!!!!
or you could have Kyosho man flu :p
Blu-tak works over sensor wires and receiver plugs, Also lazy goo looks good
http://rclazy.com/shop/lazy-goo/
Chris B
01-04-2011, 09:35 PM
harsh matt lol
weathers picking up mate for sunday :) southport
Now there's an idea. Was thinking of batley this sunday but need the practice around southport!!!!
mattb
01-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Now there's an idea. Was thinking of batley this sunday but need the practice around southport!!!!stay away bains,i dont think all the lads at souhport would aprecciate being bashed all over the track!!!
Chris B
01-04-2011, 09:43 PM
stay away bains,i dont think all the lads at souhport would aprecciate being bashed all over the track!!!
I've raced there before with no complaints (appart from lil chris when he blamed me for his car clearing the fence lol). I'll save all my bashing for you now.
Si Coe
01-04-2011, 10:13 PM
If, and its a big if, everything is done correctly at the new track, rain shouldn't be a major issue. If the drainage is sorted well enough there shouldn't be too much standing water and we can race. The old track used to pool badly in a few places making it unusable after heavy rain.
However, whilst we can race in the rain, we don't tend to that often. Too many fair weather fairies who won't turn up at the slightly hint of drizzle mean wet meetings traditionally consisted of Rog, Rob, Little Chris and myself standing chatting in the rain waiting for nobody else to arrive, doing a few laps practice and then going home.....
As for waterproofing - two words: Duct Tape. Its all you ever need.
minke
01-04-2011, 11:18 PM
when I have my weekends off, i'm always there regardless of weather
BillyB
02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Sounds as buds!! gaffer tape check!!!blu tack check!! that was easy!! cant wait to get on the new track dudes, I'am up york club tonight as am up this way over weekend give it a check ooooot!!! laters!!:thumbsup:
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o276/thegreatonereturns/photo10.jpg
budfish
02-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Sounds as buds!! gaffer tape check!!!blu tack check!! that was easy!! cant wait to get on the new track dudes, I'am up york club tonight as am up this way over weekend give it a check ooooot!!! laters!!:thumbsup:
Yorks a good track and friendly me and matt have raced there have a good night
Yorks a good track and friendly
Thanks Buds we do our best!
Chris B
03-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Just to add to the wet weather racing discussion. Raced outside at batley today and brought both car cars home soaked and caked in mud. Been an ace day and everything is still running fine :)
rob m
04-04-2011, 06:23 PM
ha:lol: you should of come southport chris, sunny and dry most of the day:p
mattb
04-04-2011, 06:38 PM
ha:lol: you should of come southport chris, sunny and dry most of the day:pi believe the quicker lads in the A final caught a bit of rain as their final was later in the day lol
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.