PDA

View Full Version : Slipper pads not holding


Acksaw
02-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Hey guys, just building the 22 and struggling to get the pads to sit in the spur without them coming out and moving so cannot build up my slipper without worrying if the pads are sitting on the locating bits, any tips for this?

c0sie
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Use a little dab of grease in between the spur and pad. It will "stick" the pad to the spur but not get on the face that mates up to the slipper disc.

Hope that helps.

bigred5765
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Use a little dab of grease in between the spur and pad. It will "stick" the pad to the spur but not get on the face that mates up to the slipper disc.

Hope that helps.
for god sake don't use grease it'll melt and make it slip, if u must use the smallest spot of super glue but i mean small, i put a drop on a needle then dab it on the spur gear,

c0sie
02-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Melt?

I aint talking about piling it on, im talking a dab. Dab as in very small amount.....

Dab.

Gnarly Old Dog
02-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I tend to put the car on it's side and build the slipper assembly 'upwards' if that makes sense.

tony12795
02-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I do the same.

Build the slipper, hold together and put it on the lay shaft Whist the car is on its side.

Dont' use grease or glue.

Tony

I tend to put the car on it's side and build the slipper assembly 'upwards' if that makes sense.

till
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I tend to put the car on it's side and build the slipper assembly 'upwards' if that makes sense.
ohh yes I did the same and it works very well!!

Acksaw
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
I tend to put the car on it's side and build the slipper assembly 'upwards' if that makes sense.

As others have said, worked great, just need to find the damn nut that holds it on now, seems to have gone walkies!

Matt Trimmings
02-04-2011, 09:41 PM
As others have said, worked great, just need to find the damn nut that holds it on now, seems to have gone walkies!

Remember its a 2.5mm nut not the 3mm:woot:

bigred5765
02-04-2011, 09:59 PM
it is easyest on its side but as i said if u must !!! use glue not grease

frogger
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Yup, just a little patience and on it side and all will be dandy.

Belsten
03-04-2011, 12:03 AM
ditto just turn it on its side, job done :thumbsup: