PDA

View Full Version : Broken Gearbox case


joffacn
09-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi
Looked a simple rollover but BROKE the upper half of the front gearbox:(.
Murhpy's law strikes - I have spare shock tower - not a gearbox.
The material is thin where the holes are drilled for the Shock tower mounting.

I will replace but any ideas of making it less likely to break?
Seems to me that the stronger the shock tower the more of these will be broken.

Cheers Jeff

KyoshoK
09-12-2007, 10:00 AM
i seen peple double the shock towers and then break the bulkhead. may have to wait for an aluminium hop-up

PaulRotheram
09-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I did the same thing at worksop a few weeks ago, The material definately needs beefing up in that area.

mark christopher
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
done same today
we need an edit version

Adam Skelding
10-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I too have broke one of these, but I deserved to. It all depends on the mechanics of the crash.

Something, somewhere will bend or break in a bad crash, if it was a simple rollover, the casing may have been weakened in an earlier shock tower breaking crash. (Judging by how many Mark has had I think this may be the case!!!!:p)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

mark christopher
10-12-2007, 09:22 AM
yup to be fair i cracked my front shock tower in on big crash then i did the gear box by hitting a hidden car flat out, not a big car problem to me, my fault totaly