PDA

View Full Version : Which motor & esc for 22?


Stotty
10-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Hey

Could you guys with 22's give me some advice on which motor and esc are best suited for the 22. Also which gear size?

Planned on getting my 22 this weekend but BMM have sold out so have to wait till wednesday :(

Cheers stotty

960rc
10-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm running LRP Sxx with speed passion 6.5t.
Kit spur, 21 pinion and 45c lipo runs well with no probs
Car is rear motor

Stotty
10-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Does the spur come in the kit ?

Cheers

Chris56
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Does the spur come in the kit ?

Cheers

Yes - 76t

Stotty
10-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Is there any good motor esc combos anywhere ?
Im on a limited budget really.

fastinfastout
11-04-2011, 01:09 PM
what is your experience in RC racing?

cos if you need to ask what motor to use, then I think you may need a slow motor to learn with. Say 10.5 is great, even for experienced racers, but not too intimidating or beginners.

6.5 is just too much and only a handful of people can only drive them properly

ianhaye
11-04-2011, 01:49 PM
im running a 6.5 on 76/18 but like said just above you are prob better iff getting something a bit more controlble, speed isnt always faster

Dalton
11-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Ive just returned to RC after a 5 year break and ive gone for a LRP X12 10.5 Stock spec to learn to drive again (not a cheap option but there is loads of good cheap 10.5's available)

Bradley@BMM
11-04-2011, 10:54 PM
They are due back in on Wednesday mate! The orca combos are good but they are not at the cheap end of the market!

Brad@BMM

Stotty
12-04-2011, 08:25 AM
I have been looking at the orca combos. They look really good has anyone got any experience with these systems ?

I will take everyonces advice and get the slower motor till i have some sort of experience.

RME
14-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm running the 13.5t orca combo as I wanted to start slow to learn how to drive again after a 10yr break. Did well in my 1st meeting at taplow as it was nice and easy to drive - had the top speed on the straight just not the accelleration of the faster motors and to be honest I'm looking for something quicker already!

highlander
14-04-2011, 06:40 PM
I have been looking at the orca combos. They look really good has anyone got any experience with these systems ?

I will take everyonces advice and get the slower motor till i have some sort of experience.

i run 6.5 and 7.5 ORCA motors in my 22 and cant fault them... easy to strip and clean and good quality parts thay are equally as good as anything else on the market IMO