PDA

View Full Version : Madrat to Mad monkey


jpmatrix
11-04-2011, 08:53 AM
I have owned a madrat for 4 months now its been a great little car with only one breakage and the diff is still all good. I have raced it on astroturf a few times and handles well when and if i get the set up right.

So I am considering getting the 'Mad Monkey:woot: ' and I see a few people on here have made the transition from the the rat to the monkey.

How does it differ, is it a quicker car on the track, better handling easier to drive than the madrat?

Pros and cons and opinions would be appreciated.


James

ben44
11-04-2011, 09:06 AM
The mad monkey will be more easy to drive. As quick as the mad rat on astro or carpet but really less quicker on other track, most on dusty track.
At the price of the mad monkey you can buy one and don't do the convertion.

4_cell_racer
11-04-2011, 12:30 PM
I prefer my MM over the X-Pro as it suits my driving style! I have yet to race the MM out doors (not raced the X-Pro outdoors either)! Knly raced hem on carpet tracks :blush:

adamjimny
26-05-2011, 06:29 AM
i tried the mad monkey (gone from the xpro) but after 3 weeks iv switched back as it just did not suit me but for 67 quid its not much lost as most parts fit each car so one will become spares