PDA

View Full Version : Would you chaps mind.....


traffman
11-04-2011, 07:54 PM
If i posted up restoration progress of my Mugen Supersport , or would you prefer it if i did it in the vintage rc forum?

Dont want to bore anyone lol.

MALLET
11-04-2011, 09:17 PM
Go for it as I would like to see it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

traffman
11-04-2011, 09:36 PM
No problem I shall get it going soon.

traffman
11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
This is the Buggy before i started .

Its pretty clean and has little sign of use.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSCF0954.jpg

The chassis is unmarked apart from slight wear to the slot where the flywheel is evident.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSCF0951.jpg

I have allready cleaned up a couple of wheels and tyres , no marks/scuffs and the tyres are as new.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSCF0952.jpg

And so to the disassembly of the radio gear .
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSCF0959.jpg

Ahh good ole 27mhz Futaba rx, the servos are 148 types all in excellent order.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSCF0960.jpg

I removed the rx pack , it brought back memorys as i havent seen Sanyo nicads for years !
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSCF0962.jpg

traffman
11-04-2011, 11:27 PM
So there you go at the moment , i have rubbed down the alloy radio plate as some of the paint has been removed , im going to repaint it gloss black.

Or i may go the carbon fibre route as it would look rather nice , but i dont want to detract from the age of the model.

I was trying to find some information on the car but its not thrown up much although i do believe its a 1990 model.

It predates the modified version which i believe has the blue cap shocks and a milled for lightness chassis.

The chassis on mine is just a stamped alloy piece.