PDA

View Full Version : Design for a C/F Battery Retainer/Strap


nickhudson
13-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Just thought i'd knock up a quick design for a battery retainer/strap for my TLR22 to replace the velcro straps (which i'm not a big fan of even though they do work). It's designed for the short Xcelorin lipo & has space underneath for lead/brass weights.

I'm going to get a set made to test the fit but would welcome constructive comments on the design prior to me possibly making a few for sale.

The engraved 22 logo may not make it to the final version as it would be a pain in the a*se to paint fill & a sticker would be almost as good

cheers

nick

Muggydude
13-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Personally I think just the post and hold down are all thats needed, so you can move the battery's position around.

nickhudson
13-04-2011, 07:20 PM
thanks for the comments.

the lower part is there to stop the battery sliding forwards in the event of a crash. i haven't got room to fit the kit moulded plastic version hence the use of the lower part. the fore/aft movement & scope for altering the weight distribution is minimal anyway with the short lipo and personally i'd rather have it securely located.

DCM
13-04-2011, 08:07 PM
I could be interested in just the posts and strap, as I am running full stick and rear motor.

racingdwarf
13-04-2011, 09:06 PM
I could be interested in just the posts and strap, as I am running full stick and rear motor.


Dito!:D as I to run rear motor with full size lipo

Chequered Flag Racing
13-04-2011, 09:22 PM
The engraved 22 logo may not make it to the final version


Cut out instead?

nickhudson
13-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Cut out instead?

It may be possible but I might have to fiddle with the logo size to leave a reasonable amount of material in that area

reg
14-04-2011, 06:22 AM
I would love to see one of these done for the saddles:wub

Ross
14-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I would love to see one of these done for the saddles:wub

+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

kinggareth
15-04-2011, 06:19 PM
Mark me down for one - I think that looks lovely.

dhann42
15-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Look good are you making one for saddles as well :thumbsup:

G-46
15-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I would defo buy one, looks cool and my Velcro is already looking a little tatie.

cr1tch
15-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Just thought i'd knock up a quick design for a battery retainer/strap for my TLR22 to replace the velcro straps (which i'm not a big fan of even though they do work). It's designed for the short Xcelorin lipo & has space underneath for lead/brass weights.

I'm going to get a set made to test the fit but would welcome constructive comments on the design prior to me possibly making a few for sale.

The engraved 22 logo may not make it to the final version as it would be a pain in the a*se to paint fill & a sticker would be almost as good

cheers

nick

Does look awesome but could i propose an idea to you! i have just switched from rear motor to mid and as i run a full stick lipo and a low profile savox, could you do post plus also a wide surface area hold to mount any electrics.

nickhudson
15-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Does look awesome but could i propose an idea to you! i have just switched from rear motor to mid and as i run a full stick lipo and a low profile savox, could you do post plus also a wide surface area hold to mount any electrics.

don't see why not - using four posts instead of two with a correspondingly designed plate would give you a load of room for radio gear using that battery/motor combination. might be a big of a pain removing the plate with the esc/rx still attached to it every time you change batteries but it could be done.

i might knock a design up tonight so you can see the concept

update : just sent drawings off for quotation on original short lipo design so should know if it works in a week or so.

nickhudson
15-04-2011, 08:32 PM
as for the saddle pack retainer - not sure yet. i will play around with a few ideas before posting any designs