PDA

View Full Version : Wandering drive pins


DJ's Dad
16-04-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere that others had suffered the drive pin that slots into the diff outdrive coming out under centrifugal load?

I want to ask what I stick them back in place with silver solder seems good to me but I don't want to temper the shaft. Is loctite sufficient?

Not experienced this with the B4 or DEX410.

Ideas appreciated - thanks Nigel.

Southwell
16-04-2011, 08:50 PM
What car is this on? Ive never had this issue with Losi's....

orinoco
16-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Hello Nigel, I had this problem with mines and have cured it by removing the pin from the driveshaft and putting some superglue in the hole then reinserting the pin. This seems to have worked so far but only time will tell. Before I superglued it I had to re centre the pin before every run. Hope this helps.

sparrow.2
16-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Superglue sorted mine out too.

reg
16-04-2011, 09:45 PM
contact who you got the kit from and they should replace them as its a fault:thumbsup:

racingdwarf
17-04-2011, 09:49 PM
I also found this problem saturday night when looking the car over for sunday, the pin was very loose, could be pushed out with ease:woot:, cleaned it right up with motor cleaner then hit it with some thredlock stud& bearing lock (the red stuff) worked a treet, not moved at all today:thumbsup:.

But I will be in contact with the shop tmro to see if I can get some new ones FOC as it's only done 40min on track:mad:.Don't want to much of this...it's a bit schumacher:lol:

AmiSMB
21-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I was just checking my diff out today and though I had a tight spot and found that the pins had come loose more on the motor side than the other. Will be e-mailing Horizon regarding this.

racingdwarf
23-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Hmm well my LHS that i bought the car from contacted horizon about drive shafts, they said they had not heard of the problem from anyone else and seemed unintrested:mad::mad:

Fatal1ty
23-04-2011, 09:54 PM
My drivepins wandered after every pack half way out!!
I pushed them out, cleaned, and lock-tited it with the greensauce. Now, I will never have a problem! :thumbsup:

smitty
26-04-2011, 07:51 PM
i had both left and right pins come out at the same time after one of my heats on sunday i tried the super glue root but happened again has anyone got any other suggestions on what use .or should i just buy a new set

The Pookster
26-04-2011, 08:09 PM
Mine wandered, did nothing but tightened the grub screw as hard as I could with a good quality allen wrench, not happened again.

Fatal1ty
26-04-2011, 08:14 PM
We mean the pin on the bone! :bored:

smitty
26-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I did think about knocking the pins out and re heat shrinking them just as an experiment i know they are only £13 for a pair but sometimes you just want to find a solution that fixes the problem and then share the knowledge gained.

The Pookster
26-04-2011, 09:16 PM
We mean the pin on the bone! :bored:

Ah.....

My dog bone pins haven't wandered at all, but probably nothing to do with the grub screw...

racingdwarf
18-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Thought I better add to this:D

Spoke to dave at horizon, sent shafts back to show the problem had a new set back within 2 days:thumbsup:

rondoolaa
18-05-2011, 05:43 PM
remove pin and put a slight flat point on the pin right in the middle where the grub screw goes, reinsert and tighten grub screw, wont come out again

reg
18-05-2011, 07:46 PM
remove pin and put a slight flat point on the pin right in the middle where the grub screw goes, reinsert and tighten grub screw, wont come out again


wrong pin,but good advise if that end keeps coming out:thumbsup: