PDA

View Full Version : Found these aftermarket bodies for the 22


johnboy
20-04-2011, 05:51 PM
http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.php/news/1-latest-news/6898-ftw-does-2-for-22.html

Found these shells

Wacker 2
20-04-2011, 06:31 PM
I hate Cab bodyshells but I'm luving the Vane shell

May be a future purchase!!!

:woot::thumbsup:

RobW
19-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Has anyone tried the Blade shell yet and if so, does it have anymore space around the lipos?

Just finished fitting electrics to car last night and was pleased when I managed to get a LRP sphere and my receiver behind the servo after a bit of wire shortening (running mid motor) only to find the shell is rubbing on the front top corners of the lipo. Running IP cells which are pretty tall and one of Tels under lipo brass weights so I suppose I am pushing it a bit.

Cheers

Rob

Chopster
19-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Has anyone tried the Blade shell yet and if so, does it have anymore space around the lipos?

Just finished fitting electrics to car last night and was pleased when I managed to get a LRP sphere and my receiver behind the servo after a bit of wire shortening (running mid motor) only to find the shell is rubbing on the front top corners of the lipo. Running IP cells which are pretty tall and one of Tels under lipo brass weights so I suppose I am pushing it a bit.

Cheers

Rob


Yep a lot more space under for the lipos, also you get to cut it out so can cut it deeper yourself to suit, I'm running saddles across the chasis and it fits only just rubbing..

RobW
20-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Yep a lot more space under for the lipos, also you get to cut it out so can cut it deeper yourself to suit, I'm running saddles across the chasis and it fits only just rubbing..

Thanks for that. I e-mailed FTW and they said we will have a major UK distributor very soon.

Rob

Matt-h
25-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Schumacher are the distributors

AfroP
25-05-2011, 12:21 PM
www.modeltune.com

are the uk sellers and currently have them in stock

The Vane + 2 wings = £22.49

spindles69
25-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Used the vane shell on sunday.
Plus point with the shell is that you have lots more room on the sides.
What i have done is mount the 3/4 lipo sideways against the motor guard.
You have to dremel some of the side pod away, but just fits inside of the vane shell.
You could also do the same with a saddle pack as there is ample space for the corally plugs to fit. Not possible with original shell.
Another plus point is that it covers the motor from the elements.Cooling is not a problem either as there is a vent on the top of shell which i have made some holes in to channel some air to the fan which i have fitted to the speedo mount.
P.S. looks the nuts aswell.

stegger
25-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Any pic's spindle ? With shell off and on :woot:

spindles69
28-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Hello mate have one with shell off.24153

And with shell on.24154

Wacker1
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Hi all,

I thought I'd Post some Pics of my FTW Vane Bodyshell, as its difficult to appreciate it, when looking at the small Photo from 'Spindles69'.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/MyFTWVane22Bodyshell007-1.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/MyFTWVane22Bodyshell003.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/MyFTWVane22Bodyshell002.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/MyFTWVane22Bodyshell010.jpg
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/Wacker1_photos/MyFTWVane22Bodyshell008.jpg

DCM
02-06-2011, 11:30 PM
how tall are your lipos under the Vane shell?

Wacker1
03-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi DCM,

The Saddle Lipo's that I'm running are the New Reedy 60c 5200's, which are 25.1mm in Height!

The main reason I Bought the Vane Bodyshell was to give me the extra room down the sides, for when I Rotate the Lipo's round nextweek!:thumbsup: