View Full Version : Racing on the grass
Si Coe
21-04-2011, 07:58 AM
OK, so the main track is progressing again, but its still a way off being ready and right now we aren't racing. Our members are racing everywhere but at Bury!
So I propose we kick off the summer season on the grass, either this weekend or next. It will be a little ghetto style, maybe even no rostrum, but it will be a laugh and it would be a shame to miss more good weather.
Is this feasible? Who's up for it?
johnnygibbon
21-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Yes indoor sports halls that smell of sweaty men have done me in
Let's get on the grass as nature intended
Whiskers
21-04-2011, 08:25 AM
I was talking to Rog down at the track yesterday afternoon and the contractors seem to think that they have finished so I asked him if we could race on it on sunday and he didn't say no! :woot:
I'd be up for grass racing aswell, it would be great if it was this weekend!
minke
21-04-2011, 10:49 AM
I'll be there sunday
Whiskers
21-04-2011, 10:56 AM
I'll be there sunday
Let's get racing!! :thumbsup:
Stotty
21-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I will be there sunday if there is conformation that we are definatly racing :D
captainlip
21-04-2011, 01:34 PM
I'll be there sunday
Where the hell have you been?
I won't be racing in that sand pit until I have an undertray made by a certain someone!
mattb
21-04-2011, 06:06 PM
si,roger whats happening then are we going to sort something out?? i think race on the new track and just use the indoor rostrum for this week?
Si Coe
21-04-2011, 08:02 PM
The new track still looks a bit sandy to me, but if Rog is up for it I am. But we'd need a way to get the indoor rostrum to the track, ie a van. And some hefty planking to stand it on so it doesn't sink into the grass.
The race controller
21-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I think people will be going to Batley practicing for the regionals.
So lets just go "Bashing" and see how the surface runs. Besides, it's a bit late to organise access to the school to get our stuff out. (Schools out)
Although they have finished brushing, there's still work to be done like gates and apparantly flagstones down the back straight to hold down the astro to stop the kids lifting it.
captainlip
21-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Are we on grass this Sunday? What times?
Whiskers
22-04-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm up for "bashing" on Sunday.
I'm going down to the track today (Friday) for a little test run if anybody else is up for it?
Si Coe
22-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I think the plan is we are running on the new track, but its a sort of practice session rather than a proper meeting.
That may still involve laying out a course on the new astro, and perhaps even putting the timing loop in to test the best place for it, but we won't have a rostrum and you won't be charged. At best timed practice, but most likely just practice.
However it should be the first proper test of the new track with the track markings.
captainlip
22-04-2011, 09:32 AM
What times si?
JonyNitro
22-04-2011, 03:02 PM
I think people will be going to Batley practicing for the regionals.
So lets just go "Bashing" and see how the surface runs. Besides, it's a bit late to organise access to the school to get our stuff out. (Schools out)
Although they have finished brushing, there's still work to be done like gates and apparantly flagstones down the back straight to hold down the astro to stop the kids lifting it.
So can I bring the Baja then!
The race controller
22-04-2011, 03:29 PM
So can I bring the Baja then!
You can as long as call in at my house to get the genny into your van.
Forgot also, Southport have their Easter Egg meeting on.
Stotty
22-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Was thinking of goin to southport for a first run been a while without racing.
But if ur avin a practice that would be better just incase i suck which i proberbly will. Haha.
Plus i want to join bury as it is more local so to get down and meet u guys without the pressure of sucking wud be good. Lol
What times are we looking at i could come earlyer if u guys need help with the track ?
Cheers Stotty
mattb
22-04-2011, 07:01 PM
id get there for around 10.30-11am mate Come on si and roger stop pissing around put a time up for everyone and what you intend doing!!
Stotty
22-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Ill keep my eye out on this section hopfully they will post a time if not ill just turn up at 10:30 ish haha.
budfish
22-04-2011, 07:07 PM
"Plus i want to join bury as it is more local so to get down and meet u guys without the pressure of sucking wud be good. "
Don't worry mate I won't pressure you into sucking anything mate just ain't my thing!!
Speak to mattb he'll sort you out:drool:
Cheers Stotty[/QUOTE]
budfish
22-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Was thinking of goin to southport for a first run been a while without racing.
But if ur avin a practice that would be better just incase i suck which i proberbly will. Haha.
Plus i want to join bury as it is more local so to get down and meet u guys without the pressure of sucking wud be good. Lol
What times are we looking at i could come earlyer if u guys need help with the track ?
Cheers Stotty
Your a sick sick man
mattb
22-04-2011, 07:20 PM
"Plus i want to join bury as it is more local so to get down and meet u guys without the pressure of sucking wud be good. "
Don't worry mate I won't pressure you into sucking anything mate just ain't my thing!!
Speak to mattb he'll sort you out:drool:
Cheers Stotty[/QUOTE]who ratteled your cage freak? i dont know why your poking your nose in this your not allowed to come sunday arsehole!!!
Stotty
22-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Haha i sence some tention here :confused:
The only thing that will be sucking is my driving haha :thumbsup:
Si Coe
22-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Right - I'm going to say 11 at the track then, cos I'm being given evil's off the wife for going anyway! I'll be running my 2 RC10's mainly so not too worried about sand in the spur, they are well covered, but will need a 2wd setup expert as the buggy in particular needs some tweaks to get it right.
I'm hoping the rain tonight and possibly tomorrow will damp down or shift the heavier stuff - if not we'll have to blow and sweep. But I also expect it to be a good few meetings before the sand fully shifts.
If Rob isn't coming we'll need a course designer to come up with a layout to really test all the features.
Stotty
22-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Ok ill see you guys 11am sunday.
Shall we bring our own brushes haha. :thumbsup:
Si Coe
22-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Whereabouts in Wigan are you anyway? I'm in Abram myself, so if you join we might be able to cut down a little on the fuel.
budfish
22-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Was thinking of goin to southport for a first run been a while without racing.
But if ur avin a practice that would be better just incase i suck which i proberbly will. Haha.
Plus i want to join bury as it is more local so to get down and meet u guys without the pressure of sucking wud be good. Lol
What times are we looking at i could come earlyer if u guys need help with the track ?
Cheers Stotty
Whereabouts in Wigan are you anyway? I'm in Abram myself, so if you join we might be able to cut down a little on the fuel.
F**koff si it's just because he said "I suck" you Big hairy immigrant I thought you was married then again I bet your one of them really odd freaks that does both
Stotty
23-04-2011, 07:26 AM
To be honest im more towards the leigh/atherton side but who has heard of them towns really haha. Bury is only 15 mile from my house.
captainlip
23-04-2011, 11:39 AM
we need brushes and blowers, for tomorrow we really need to shift all this sand!
Guys will be there at 11. you'll see me shifting the stones :lol:
Whiskers
23-04-2011, 11:42 AM
I've replaced my driveshaft now so I'll be there before 11 to help clear some of the larger stones.
captainlip
23-04-2011, 11:51 AM
sand is the problem! :thumbdown:
Stotty
23-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Ill come abit early to help guys. Ill bring a brush :D
captainlip
23-04-2011, 05:54 PM
To confirm this is a free meet due to trying everything out?
Si Coe
23-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Its not really a 'meeting' at all. More like (very slightly) organised practice.
Whiskers
23-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Will the timing loop be out because I need to test my new PT?
Si Coe
23-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Only if someone with a van collects the generator from Rog's house.....
johnnygibbon
23-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I have a lovely van very capable of transporting a genny
See ya Tomoro boys
coleman758
24-04-2011, 02:33 PM
To be honest im more towards the leigh/atherton side but who has heard of them towns really haha. Bury is only 15 mile from my house.
I'm in Leigh!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.