PDA

View Full Version : xxx 4 help


hummer11
16-12-2007, 12:47 AM
I have a xxx4 and it breaks soo much at the track. I always rip the diffcover with the HP retianer off the chassi anyone know any reinforcements to help?

thanks

Fiddybux
16-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry but I have no idea what you mean about ripping off the diff cover?

Can you post pics?

Do you crash out a lot as well?

hummer11
17-12-2007, 05:26 PM
the hp retianer is attached to the front diff cover and every time i land on my front wheels hard i break the hp retianer or take the diffcover with the hp retianer. thats the onley thing holding the front arms unlike other buggies

tyreman
17-12-2007, 07:54 PM
He means the hinge pin brace on the front, that screws to the diff cover.
It might be worthwhile for you to invest in a set of plastic braces, rather than graphite. As they are cheaper and they will break first before the diff cover, or you could just blip the throttle to lift the front end on landings;)

If you are running out of spares I have my Team car here I might be willing to part with for the right money:D
Which has got alu front a rear hinge pin braces, steering extension arms (for more steering), Titanium screws throughout, alu motor clamp.

Alexi
17-12-2007, 08:47 PM
He means the hinge pin brace on the front, that screws to the diff cover.
It might be worthwhile for you to invest in a set of plastic braces, rather than graphite. As they are cheaper and they will break first before the diff cover, or you could just blip the throttle to lift the front end on landings;)

If you are running out of spares I have my Team car here I might be willing to part with for the right money:D
Which has got alu front a rear hinge pin braces, steering extension arms (for more steering), Titanium screws throughout, alu motor clamp.

Can I ask where you got the steering arm extensions from?

Hummer11, I had a similar problem, and I bought a T-Bone Racing bumper. Haven't broken anything since. Might look a bit silly, and I've no idea if you can race it (as I just bash), but it might be something worth looking at :)

tyreman
17-12-2007, 08:50 PM
They fit to in bellcranks on the chassis, and move the ballstud out by 2-3mm, that with a shorter drag link in the middle gives you alot more lock than the standard setup

Alexi
17-12-2007, 09:50 PM
They fit to in bellcranks on the chassis, and move the ballstud out by 2-3mm, that with a shorter drag link in the middle gives you alot more lock than the standard setup

oh cool, did you make them yourself?

hummer11
18-12-2007, 12:42 AM
i have a ss screw ket and i have alum retianers on order along with new graphite diffcovers.

hummer11
18-12-2007, 12:46 AM
o and i would definitly interested in some other alum parts from the team car. i think it was just bad luck. i was trying to race a 8th scale buggy on the strightaway with my mamba max and i slammed into the wall at the end. i probley cracked the diffcover the when i landed bad it broke.

does anyone else have this problem. i think ts the way i drive i just started on the track. are all 4wd buggies this bad?

tyreman
18-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Any 4wd will break under certain heavy landings especially if you hit a wall.

tyreman
18-12-2007, 11:15 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o86/tyreman/DSC_0499.jpg

Here's the last picture of mine

ashleyb4
18-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Your hitting brick walls and exspecting it to suvive no 4wd buggy would come out of that in one piece not even tamiya's!

Nice xxx4 brian.

A
o and i would definitly interested in some other alum parts from the team car. i think it was just bad luck. i was trying to race a 8th scale buggy on the strightaway with my mamba max and i slammed into the wall at the end. i probley cracked the diffcover the when i landed bad it broke.

does anyone else have this problem. i think ts the way i drive i just started on the track. are all 4wd buggies this bad?

mole2k
18-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Replacing the front brace with an alloy version will strengthen the car but hitting a wall flatout will break/bend parts on any car.

hummer11
19-12-2007, 12:21 AM
well there we go. i justed expected too much. it wasnt really a wall but a piece of wood but it was still pretty bad. ill see after the new parts and my novak 4.5

mole2k
19-12-2007, 12:33 AM
I did have a problem with mine after a heavy collision and i ended up replacing the brace with an alloy part as well as the hingepins and i've never had a problem since.

tyreman
19-12-2007, 10:37 AM
well there we go. i justed expected too much. it wasnt really a wall but a piece of wood but it was still pretty bad. ill see after the new parts and my novak 4.5

I think part of your problem is that you are running a 4.5 motor, try a 6.5 or 5.5.