PDA

View Full Version : Losi XXX CR Set Up and other


mattJT
22-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Hi there

Could anyone point me in the direction of somewhere I can get spares for the xxx cr.

After a transmission case and all google could offer me was wheelspin and modelsport, neither of which have it :cry:


Cheers
matt

Delves
22-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Hi

Try DMS Racing or MK racing :thumbsup:

mattJT
22-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Cheers mate, will try DMS, (MK didn't have it either).

migsy
22-04-2011, 09:07 AM
matt,

if you go on e-bay, you can get loads for the xxx cr. i had a box of spares
(6 cars worth) for 50 squid.:thumbsup:

mattJT
22-04-2011, 09:53 AM
matt,

if you go on e-bay, you can get loads for the xxx cr. i had a box of spares
(6 cars worth) for 50 squid.:thumbsup:


Funnily had searched on the bay, but only returned 3 results for losi xxx cr.....just took off the cr part in the search and all of a sudden there's 150+ spares :thumbsup:, (your box of spares would have been sweeet...)cheers for the info :)

mattJT
26-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Slightly changed the title of this thread, as I'm sure that I and others will have questions about this model.

Which leads me to my next question......which servo saver/horn/etc etc should I ideally be using?

Have got a KO Propo 2343 in there now and just realised that my current servo saver is actually glancing across the shell when moving to opposite locks, may explain the servo noise I've been getting too.

Cheers
matt

rcjunky
26-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I just use the included servo horns, they're plastic and the right length, too long of a horn will rub, and just run the built in servo saver pretty tight, I think the spindles will give before the servo (I've run cheap metal gear servo for a while and recently stepped up about 20 notchs to a savox 1251 :) )

mattJT
06-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Had a gander on the ol tinternet and can only seem to find them in the US or Europe....does anyone happen to know if anywhere in the UK sells a full screw set for xxx cr - have amassed so many spares gonna build another car out of them :thumbsup:

LRP
13-05-2011, 10:33 PM
i think pat at mcr chesterfield has them in stock

mattJT
14-05-2011, 06:17 AM
i think pat at mcr chesterfield has them in stock


Cheers mate :thumbsup: will give them a look a little later.

OneKiwi
14-05-2011, 07:21 AM
nice to see the cr still being driven and discussed

rcjunky
14-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I still run mine, I've actually got 3 (for sale) and they're still pretty good, parts are cheap and they're strong, plus I can still get all the parts within a week local. With a mid motor conversion I think they're as good as anything out there (but I do want a 22 still)

mattJT
14-05-2011, 06:41 PM
nice to see the cr still being driven and discussed


:thumbsup: I'm loving it :thumbsup:

Tis an excellent car

mattJT
20-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Hey all

Can't seem to find a part number for the little plastic balls that sit in the very top of the shocks (the part that stops the top of the shocks from free movement when on the shock mount bushings)- got a couple missing from mine and the exploded diagram doesn't seem to show what they are, and I don't know what their called to boot :(

Could anyone lend us a hand?

Cheers
matt

rcjunky
20-05-2011, 11:44 PM
are the top shock bushings you have aluminum and hex shaped or cylindrical and plastic? if they are aluminum you have the trinity shock mounts that use a little white delrin ball, I don't know where to get them, I have a set but I'm missing the little balls as well. All of the trinity blue or red aluminum parts are rare :thumbdown: or are you refering to the little metal balls in the lower mount?

mattJT
21-05-2011, 12:13 AM
are the top shock bushings you have aluminum and hex shaped or cylindrical and plastic? if they are aluminum you have the trinity shock mounts that use a little white delrin ball, I don't know where to get them, I have a set but I'm missing the little balls as well. All of the trinity blue or red aluminum parts are rare :thumbdown: or are you refering to the little metal balls in the lower mount?


Ahh, sounds like I have the trinity blue aluminium shock bushings then...and the mysterious ball is a delrin ball :thumbsup:.....cheers mate, least I have a name for the part now ;)

rcjunky
21-05-2011, 10:44 AM
let me know if you find them, I'm also looking for 4 :thumbsup: I know there aluminum parts are pretty rare, the shock bushings and shock colars are the most common (I have a set of each) but they also have a really cool body mount so the back of the body mounts with 1 pin on the top center like the B4, they also have pivot blocks front are rear (I have a rear on, uses a set screw to hold the hinge pin in) and they also have a battery strap. Lots of cool stuff but if you can track it down it can get expensive, I could of gotten one of everything for about $150 here, it would probably be over 100 pounds for you if you can find the stuff.

mattJT
21-05-2011, 11:58 AM
let me know if you find them, I'm also looking for 4 :thumbsup: I know there aluminum parts are pretty rare, the shock bushings and shock colars are the most common (I have a set of each) but they also have a really cool body mount so the back of the body mounts with 1 pin on the top center like the B4, they also have pivot blocks front are rear (I have a rear on, uses a set screw to hold the hinge pin in) and they also have a battery strap. Lots of cool stuff but if you can track it down it can get expensive, I could of gotten one of everything for about $150 here, it would probably be over 100 pounds for you if you can find the stuff.

I think mines got the front and rear pivot blocks on it :) as for the delrin balls, quick search on google brings up this..

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=delrin+balls&hl=en&biw=1007&bih=477&rlz=1R2ADFA_enGB350&prmd=ivns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130597865810010&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4184977331626163017&sa=X&ei=uqfXTdjkJIKChQfV4JGzBg&ved=0CGYQ8gIwBA#

Will need to measure the ones I've already got to see if it's a good match.............just measured the ones I've got and pretty sure these are the ones - will order some and see....

rcjunky
23-05-2011, 12:38 AM
those are metric, we need imperial:thumbdown: if I really wanted them I'm sure I could make some up, but I don't see why go through the effort when the stock ones are fine, or just cut and drill the stock ones for added bling if desired :thumbsup: