PDA

View Full Version : Losi 8 buggy to truggy


Juttie
25-04-2011, 08:11 AM
Im in the process of getting another 8ight and was just wondering what I needed to turn my old 8ight into a truggy.

barnyard
25-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Chassis, arms f+r, driveshafts f r & centre, diff crown wheel & pinions f+r, shock towers f+r, shocks (rear only as buggy rear become truck front), turnbuckles, fuel tank, body posts, shell, wheel + tires. This is only the stuff I can think of so there is likely to be some things I have missed off.

With the length of the shopping list it would be almost as cheep to buy a complete truck.

Juttie
26-04-2011, 08:38 PM
thought chassis was the same??

barnyard
27-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Nope the truck chassis is about 50mm longer, which also results in the center front & rear driveshaft, fuel tank and a couple of other bits also needing to be longer.

Juttie
27-04-2011, 06:33 PM
ok thanks think I will scrap that idea