mc_stoo
27-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Bear with me as I'm largely thinking out aloud...
I have a ZX-5 RTR and I've bought two sets of wheels - One set Ansmann and one set HSP racing.
12mm Hex Hub
56mm Inner Diameter
84mm Outer Diameter
So far so good... but the plastic of the hex carrier on the inside of the wheel is deeper than the original wheels...
result = wheel locked onto hub carrier and wont turn! :thumbdown:
The differences in the hex carriers are shown here:
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8218.jpg
New wheel on the left - Kyosho original on the right.
So, off to my local B&Q to spend the princely sum of £1.98 on a set of washers:
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8217.jpg
Slipped one washer into each hex carrier as the picture below, which sorts out the difference in wheel offset.
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8220.jpg
and the wheels go on lubbly-jubbly like this:
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8221.jpg
I'm a happy egg with the result :D, but can anyone forsee any problems with this setup?
I have a ZX-5 RTR and I've bought two sets of wheels - One set Ansmann and one set HSP racing.
12mm Hex Hub
56mm Inner Diameter
84mm Outer Diameter
So far so good... but the plastic of the hex carrier on the inside of the wheel is deeper than the original wheels...
result = wheel locked onto hub carrier and wont turn! :thumbdown:
The differences in the hex carriers are shown here:
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8218.jpg
New wheel on the left - Kyosho original on the right.
So, off to my local B&Q to spend the princely sum of £1.98 on a set of washers:
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8217.jpg
Slipped one washer into each hex carrier as the picture below, which sorts out the difference in wheel offset.
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8220.jpg
and the wheels go on lubbly-jubbly like this:
http://www.inside-guide.co.uk/rc/_MG_8221.jpg
I'm a happy egg with the result :D, but can anyone forsee any problems with this setup?