View Full Version : front shumacher tires
rcjunky
30-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I got some new tires for my XXX-CR/ PSI LMX (mid motor) and I'm curious on how you guys run them. I'm now running the slim yellow mini pins on cut down rims with the 2 inner and outer rows trimed off, so 4 rows left in the center. Has anyone tried running them on full width rims so they have a flater contact patch? or should I just run them on narrow rims?
super__dan
30-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Slims are normally run on full width 2wd fronts, only cut down rims (or narrow wheels) for stagger ribs.
rcjunky
30-04-2011, 11:13 PM
Thats intearesting, I though the 4wd fronts where for full width rims and the slim tires for cut down/narrow 2wd rims, I guess I'll give the full size rims a shot on this set.
Martyn (Bomber)
01-05-2011, 11:05 PM
I find cut down or slim wheels on any 2wd slim tyre much better ;)
super__dan
02-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I can honestly say I've never seen a 2wd car go well with 4wd fronts on. With a slim mini on a narrow wheel there is too much sidewalk flex leading to vagueness IMHO
DJ's Dad
03-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Tried it once and once only. Still have them in the pit box.
rcjunky
05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
So should I run the narrow mini pins (the 2wd front ones) on full width rims or narrow rims?
mrspeedy
05-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Most peeps run them on std full width rims. Its also a good idea to trim the inner and out row of pins off, fronts only mind :thumbsup:
markwilliamson2001
05-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Just to be clear...
2wd std rims on the B4/Cougar/X6 etc are now a lot wider than 2wd front rims were a few years back! However, I would just use the std Losi 22 front rims, which are actually very wide. Just stretch a slim tyre over the wide, std width wheel.
As Dan has suggested, only run the now old skool narrow 2wd front rims, with stagger ribs, and NOT the new cut staggers at that.
Hope this helps,
Mark
rcjunky
05-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the clarification, so full size rims on everything but the original staggers, I guess I'll be trying new mini pins on full size rims with my new rears next Wednesday, my currant rears only have about 8 hours of track time on them:woot:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.