PDA

View Full Version : x5 rebuild


Naushad
05-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi,

I am rebuilding an X-factory x5...I have a few questions...some may be silly

1. Apart from losi wheels what other makes can I install?

2. How tight should I adjust the slipper...I'm running on smooth surfaces mainly. If I run on grass what adjustment should I be making.

3. I am not sure, but I think the front wheels move independently of each other and the rear wheels. When I press the throttle, the front wheels take some time to roll. Am I right in saying there is a front one-way installed? I am not sure!

Thanks for your time

Naushad
http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=498347)

MikePimlott
05-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Hi,

I am rebuilding an X-factory x5...I have a few questions...some may be silly

1. Apart from losi wheels what other makes can I install?

Most other makes have a deeper hex, if you fit AE hexes you can run other wheels AE, rulux, rango.

2. How tight should I adjust the slipper...I'm running on smooth surfaces mainly. If I run on grass what adjustment should I be making.

If its smooth indoor surfaces you need to run it slightly looser than you would on grass, slipping about a foot when gunned. I also drilled the spur and fitted twice as many slipper puks.

3. I am not sure, but I think the front wheels move independently of each other and the rear wheels. When I press the throttle, the front wheels take some time to roll. Am I right in saying there is a front one-way installed? I am not sure!

Yep, sounds like a one ways fitted. Front wheels should roll forward independantly

Thanks for your time

Naushad
http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=498347)

Hope this helps.

Naushad
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Cheers Mike...that really helpful for a newbie like me:cry:

:thumbsup:

YoungChazz
06-05-2011, 05:29 AM
I believe there are some suggestions on running an X - 5 today here: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10591&page=21