PDA

View Full Version : shock towers


ianhaye
08-05-2011, 10:42 AM
i am running mid motor and keep having the bullstuds ripping out of the rear shock tower and obv pulls the thread out to with it, anyone else came across this prob? if so what have you done to stop this. cheers

wrightcs77
08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I currently run mid motor. I have not ran into this issue and have not heard of it before. That does not mean that it is not an issue, just have not heard of it happening before.

johnni boi
08-05-2011, 07:27 PM
I have done this before and there isnt really anything you can do to prevent it to be honest. try not to crash? :confused:

frogger
08-05-2011, 07:40 PM
It has happened to many people at Taplow and I saw it happen to someone at Silverstone as well. On Friday night at Taplow it happened to Janos as well and he shaved a bit of the material from below the mount off and put a 3mm lock nut onto the lower part of the ball stud.

I am using Schumacher ball studds and RPM ball cups so I have ordered extra long ball studs and will do the same, the Losi 22 ball cups will not fit on the Schumacher ball studs.

ianhaye
09-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Yeah I have schucy balls up front on steering never thought about ising lock nuts lol will give it a go :-)

Stotty
09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
I had this problem this weekend. I ended up using abit of glue to get me through the rounds. I will be modifing mine so i can put a nut on.