View Full Version : fs front bulk head set
mattb
10-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Has anyone thats got a new front bulk head set noticed that the piece that goes over the gear box which the ball studs screw into now has an extra hole and it looks like the holes have been moved back a bit.I presume this is for extra clearance between the turnbuckle and the big bores:confused:
RogerM
10-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Funily enough Nick mentioned the same thing today. You couldn't use the middle camber link hole with the big bores on the old part so not supprised they have changed it.
I never get to see the revised parts as I never seem to break anything I don't have lots of (touch wood)
mattb
11-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Funily enough Nick mentioned the same thing today. You couldn't use the middle camber link hole with the big bores on the old part so not supprised they have changed it.
I never get to see the revised parts as I never seem to break anything I don't have lots of (touch wood)it was me that told him lol
njc11
16-05-2011, 10:23 AM
New part is beefed up round all stud positions..
The new hole, because its not in line with the outdrive enables you to use a longer stud without the worry of it catching the diff outdrive..
http://www.cls.eclipse.co.uk/RCCars/New%20Front%20Gearbox%20Surround%204a.jpg
SimonW
16-05-2011, 06:46 PM
I can't tell for sure on that piccy but it looks as though those two middle holes are offset from each other a little giving you 4 diff lenghts. Would that be right?
carlin
17-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Nick,
Do you know what the part number is for this I can't seem to find it anywhere?
RogerM
18-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Is it not just a running change?
rondoolaa
18-05-2011, 09:33 AM
what you need is la209b
http://www.cmc-versand.de/Kyosho/Getriebekasten-arnr-8-LA-209B.html
click on pic for a detailed pic showing the 4 stud holes
njc11
18-05-2011, 10:32 AM
what you need is la209b
http://www.cmc-versand.de/Kyosho/Getriebekasten-arnr-8-LA-209B.html
click on pic for a detailed pic showing the 4 stud holes
That 4 stud part will be fine but the gearbox casing is for the standard ZX5.... The FS/FS2 gearbox casing has the diff sat lower in it...
:thumbsup:
rondoolaa
18-05-2011, 11:00 AM
on the kyosho website they say the fs bulkheads are la262 and la263
http://kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/buggy/pdf/30078_LAZER_ZX_5_FS_t.pdf
but as you can see from the pic of the la263 it only has the 3 stud holes,
http://cgi.ebay.fr/Kyosho-LA263-Front-Bulkhead-Set-ZX-5-FS-/200553374399#ht_1807wt_1139
unless there is some other part number i cant find or kyosho have bought out a new batch of la263 with the 4 holes but havnt put them on their site yet
??
njc11
18-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Thats correct for part numbers... Mattb on here told me about the change on LA263..Just the ticket when running the Big Bores..
I ordered one from JE Spares and it had the same parts (beefed up around all holes) plus the extra hole.
:thumbsup:
bretts
19-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Sorry to open an old thread, but I've starting running a Mk1 ZX-5 again after a few years and just wondered if FS parts LA262 and LA263 fit on the MK1.
The main part would be the bulk head as it looks stronger.
I did fit uprated parts LA210B about 4 years back and so far things have been ok.
Any help will be much appreciated
RogerM
19-06-2012, 11:27 AM
There are several differences between the bulkhead sets on the FS and the earlier stick pack cars.
The diff is a little lower for a start and also, IIRC there is a slight angle to the input shaft to help with the very short front prop alignment .. it's slight, only a couple of degrees BUT for a straight shaft it will run the risk of binding up if it is there.
I'm not 100% certain but I think that the LA210B is the same uprated material as the LA262/LA263 bulkheads.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.