PDA

View Full Version : d4 worlds anounced


niggs98
26-12-2007, 05:20 PM
pretty much as the title sugests, new d4 worlds edition and it looks spanking :D

http://www.redrc.net/2007/12/hot-bodies-cyclone-d4-worlds-edition

hope the link is ok jimmy ;)

xx4-nutter
27-12-2007, 12:27 PM
im sure ive seen that slipper system somwhere before :p

ryan
27-12-2007, 05:58 PM
You may of gary, i seem to have one very similar on my B44.... (BJ4 Sport as you call it garry)

xx4-nutter
27-12-2007, 08:09 PM
haha :D. Its been refared to as that " sport version ".

back on track though this d4 looks cool. so this time round they have fitted some proper diff bolts ? not lolly sticks with some little nut ? lol :rolleyes:

damn the shell looks awsome !

Billy
27-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Just got mine a 1 month ago and already had the chance to race it - TQ and 2nd position AMain! I really liked the car but I stripped down the front transmission gears - probably wrong shimming and too much traction. Now I used the suggested by the online tips by HB, plus 1x0.1 on each side pushing the gears to get even closer and hopefully I will have no more problems.:cool:

I see some good options on the worlds spec which I really can't wait to fit on, but why the different rear setting with new rear wishbones and anti roll bar? Was this the setting used specifically at the worlds in Japan? The car works great for me as it is. Also I've read about new front wishbones in other posts, but where are they? and the lightweight differential outdrives?

Here is a pick of it!

xx4-nutter
27-12-2007, 08:18 PM
would the shell and undertray fit a BJ4WE ?

also these arms, sound interesting

AndyM
23-01-2008, 07:26 AM
thought i would bring this back from the depths...

does anyone know when it is going to be released to joe public?? and at what sort of price?

cheers

_JP_
23-01-2008, 12:35 PM
its out its called a B44 over here ;) lol

Northy
23-01-2008, 12:36 PM
lol

March I think.

G

AndyM
23-01-2008, 02:24 PM
cheers northy...

mr skelding is probably the man to ask about this, but does anyone know if the new slipper on that 'worlds edition' will fit in a BJ4 WE??

ben
23-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Andy shouldnt you be doing work at school:rolleyes: Haha me neither. lol. What a boring maths lesson. But its ok cos im on oople:D

franki
26-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Off topic a little bit but what speedo is in that car????

niggs98
26-01-2008, 12:01 PM
just done a quick search for the speedo and found this on red rc

http://www.redrc.net/2007/07/hot-bodies-real-competition-speedo/#more-4709

Adam Skelding
26-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I'll have a D4 WCE at Worksop this weekend if anyone wants a look see.

mark christopher
26-01-2008, 04:18 PM
I'll have a D4 WCE at Worksop this weekend if anyone wants a look see.
Adam
when you fit the new slipper, do you need to fit a different prop shaft to the front diff?

James Stewart
26-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Adam
when you fit the new slipper, do you need to fit a different prop shaft to the front diff?

Not Adam, but I can answer this one....

Yes, the new slipper uses a shorter front centre propshaft.

Just fitted the new wishbones and wide front bumper to my car this afternoon - looks spot on now:cool:

PaulRotheram
26-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Not Adam, but I can answer this one....

Yes, the new slipper uses a shorter front centre propshaft.

Just fitted the new wishbones and wide front bumper to my car this afternoon - looks spot on now:cool:

Do you have a part number for the new front bumper James please?

James Stewart
26-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi Paul,

It's HB61430 - Large Front Bumper/Low Wing Mount stay set which retails at £3.99

The same parts tree is also included with the HB61588 Front Sway Bar Set - £14.99 for that

PaulRotheram
26-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Thank you very much :)

mark christopher
26-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Not Adam, but I can answer this one....

Yes, the new slipper uses a shorter front centre propshaft.

Just fitted the new wishbones and wide front bumper to my car this afternoon - looks spot on now:cool:
does the prop shaft come with it or whats the part number?

telboy
26-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Any news on when the new slipper is due out?

James Stewart
27-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Mark - the new centre front prop is part number HB61578. Not sure if it's included in with the slipper set, i'll try and find out during the week.

Terry - no confirmed due date as yet, but I shouldn't think it'll be too long. Hopefully within the next month. I'll update this when it's been confirmed.

Yardeeee
29-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Hi Guys,

I used the the new D4 Worlds parts on my car yesterday and am extremely impressed. The new slipper really does affect the cars performance in a very positive way, bag loads more traction, and a real smoothness... plus it stays exactly how it is set. The new lower wing mount looks really cool too!

Sit tight for when the parts/kits come in, they are well worth the wait!

Tom Yardy

telboy
29-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Just built the new slipper up.

Anyone using the new slipper and running a centre one-way, you will need a shorter propshaft #HB61458, as the one that comes with the slipper won't fit.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

:)

Northy
29-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Anyone using the new slipper and running a centre one-way, you will need a shorter propshaft #HB61578, as the one that comes with the slipper won't fit.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

:)

Good skillz Tel! Did Adam forget to send that bit! :lol::lol:

G

telboy
29-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Haha, yep.:thumbsup:

No, I ordered the slipper when I got my drive with them but didn't have the centre one-way then. But the one-way came first so I fitted that at the weekend. Never thought of the fact it required a shorter shaft!:eh?:

....and you can do a lot more with a smaller shaft! :lol:

dtrally
08-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi Guys,

I'am waiting for the D4 worlds to arrive in the Netherlands. The d4 costs Eur. 390,00 here. What will +/- be the price of the worlds?;)

Northy
19-02-2008, 07:58 PM
im sure ive seen that slipper system somwhere before :p

It might look the same, but it works differently! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lovely piece of kit :wub:wub

G

telboy
19-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Also, if you haven't already found out. In my post above about the propshaft.....ingore it.

I've had every propshaft that they make and so far none fit when running the centre one-way.:thumbdown:

Come on get one made.:lol:

New slipper goes together a treat though. and works really well.

Northy
19-02-2008, 09:07 PM
It's all sorted Tel, it's in the car with the 1 way prop! :p:p:p:cool::cool::cool:

telboy
19-02-2008, 09:14 PM
How?


Edit - Dont worry....I know.;)

Although I would never have thought of it.....its cost me a bloody fortune buying all those prop shafts.

mark christopher
19-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Mark - the new centre front prop is part number HB61578. Not sure if it's included in with the slipper set, i'll try and find out during the week.

Terry - no confirmed due date as yet, but I shouldn't think it'll be too long. Hopefully within the next month. I'll update this when it's been confirmed.

Just built the new slipper up.

Anyone using the new slipper and running a centre one-way, you will need a shorter propshaft #HB61458, as the one that comes with the slipper won't fit.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

:)
none of above then?

telboy
19-02-2008, 11:22 PM
nope!:p

tom_mb4
20-02-2008, 05:27 PM
you dont want one making then

leelar
25-02-2008, 11:10 AM
has anyone got a list of part number i need to make my d4 upto worlds spec

joffacn
27-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi

Yes, I would also like to see a list of the parts required to turn my standard D4 into Worlds Spec.

Jeff

_sleigh_
27-02-2008, 11:18 AM
In general the items you need are...

HB61587 - Slipper kit
HB61550 - Shock Bodies (f)
HB61551 - Shock Bodies (r)
HB61556 - Spring Adjusters (x2)
HB61552 - Shcok tops with Bleed screws (x2)
HB61588 - Front Wishones, Wing Mount & Bumper kit

Other items included in the W.E. kit are..

HB????? - New Shock towers (Increased strength)
HB????? - New Chassis (with increased clearance for new style brushless motors)
HB61581 & HB61582 - New Ball-Studs (removed the hex in the ball for strength and changed to normal style)

You may also have noticed that the C/F looks different. This is due to a change of source. The quality of the items is still top notch.

For those looking for a complete kit the part number for that is HB61700 :thumbsup:

Think that about covers it all.....

AndyM
27-02-2008, 11:40 AM
does anyone know if the slipper will fit a BJ4 WE?

thanks
:D

_sleigh_
27-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Not sure, but first thing would be the D4 is metric and the BJ is imperial. :confused:

Jeremy Blair
04-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Here is a pic of my new D4 WCE just off the first weekend and I love it.
later Jeremy

jrs
04-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Is the WCE kit available now in some stores or is it only HB drivers that can access them at the moment? I can't find any store that have it or even know when they will be able to get it? ;-)

jim76
04-03-2008, 12:08 PM
the kit isn't officially available yet, but most of the parts needed can be purchased separately to upgrade a standard D4.

The worlds kit should be available in a few weeks.

Billy
03-04-2008, 02:32 PM
Just got my new D4 WCE yesterday! Was about to upgrade my 5 months old car to Worlds, but finally decided to get a brand new kit.

1) Don't like the effect of the new carbon material! Looks cheap! Grey carbon???:thumbdown: Hope that the quality would be fine though as I 've read in other posts.:yawn:
2) Why are the front and rear aluminum hubs not included??? Grrrrrrr:thumbdown:
3) Why the front sway bar is also not included???:confused:

Should have read the details more carefully! But why not??? Now have to look for some extra euros again!!!

Can't wait to build the new suspension and test the new slipper!:thumbsup: