View Full Version : Front Yoke
HVAC25000
26-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Is there a way to get away from using these things, preferably with something metal?
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-21232/LOSA3236-FR-Drive-Yokes/Detail
They are what attaches to the front axle.
At the rate I'm breaking these plastic pieces of **** it's going to cost me 10 dollars for every battery pack I put through my XX-4.
Thanks guys!
Chris
ashleyb4
26-12-2007, 11:46 PM
cvd's ??? and are you using a front one way if so that would exsplain it.
A
barnyard
26-12-2007, 11:50 PM
get some MIP CVD's or Losi LCD's those things could barely cope with the power outputs when the car came out 10yr ago never mind the power now
HVAC25000
26-12-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm running a 18 year old motor, lol. They're breaking on landing, when one wheel touches down before the other, I think. Hard to tell.
No front one way. In what way does that make a difference?
HVAC25000
27-12-2007, 12:10 AM
MIP's website doesn't work.
Horizon is a dealer for them, so I searched their site, and all I found was this.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=MIP1200
Those look like rears to me. Anyone know if they are?
ashleyb4
27-12-2007, 12:20 AM
yea there rears front sare available easily just need to find a shop that stocks them
the part number is A9966
A
HVAC25000
27-12-2007, 12:26 AM
This is 9966
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSA9966
Says XXX-4 rear. Does that mean the XXX-4 rears go on the front of the XX-4?
ashleyb4
27-12-2007, 12:59 AM
No
I wrote it wrong i think it try 9967
A
HVAC25000
27-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Ah. thanks!
super__dan
27-12-2007, 12:10 PM
As everyone has said, the stock front UJ's are junk, mine lasted 2 corners with a one way in when I tried them just for the hell of it. You also need to change wheel bearings when you go to CVD's from the stupid thin ones on the UJ's to 'regular' sturdy wheel bearings.
I recomend CVD's over LCD's for ultimate reliability!
You lot are all too rough! I've had mine in for nearly 18months without breakages running LRP quantum 2 with 10 single and double motors!
HVAC25000
27-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Any chance you could point me at the bearings I need, Dan? I'm not sure which way they need to be thicker
tyreman
27-12-2007, 09:46 PM
They are the same as the rear wheel bearings 3/16 x 3/8 Losi part number A6916
HVAC25000
27-12-2007, 09:54 PM
thanks!
losidriver70
01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Yes they do break.But i think it is do to landing on power over big jumps.land the car on a roll then punch,notland and punch it that is what breaks them!:thumbsup:
HVAC25000
01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
So, I have 2 choices. I can either buy better ones and go fast, or keep running the same crappy ones and drive like an old lady. Yeah, I think I'll choose the way that allows me to go fast :thumbsup:
Oh, and they were breaking under braking, not under acceleration.
losidriver70
02-02-2008, 06:05 AM
HVAC25000,IM WITH YOU THEIR THOUGH I WILL BE PURCHASING THEM ALL THE WAY AROUND ON THE XX-4.ALSO BE PUTTING SOME ON THE CR AS WELL!
:thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.