PDA

View Full Version : steering lock issues


AfroP
15-05-2011, 06:18 PM
hello

I seem to be having an issue with full steering lock to the left on my 22 with a Savox 1258.
it was fitted with the server dead center and my EPA is full but still i can not get full lock to the left. any body else having this?
I have used the kit supplied KO servo horn and am not using any spacers on the servo and am getting full clearance so nothing is rubbing

Reo
15-05-2011, 06:46 PM
hello

I seem to be having an issue with full steering lock to the left on my 22 with a Savox 1258.
it was fitted with the server dead center and my EPA is full but still i can not get full lock to the left. any body else having this?
I have used the kit supplied KO servo horn and am not using any spacers on the servo and am getting full clearance so nothing is rubbing


check for clearence of ballcup. it may touch on the bulkhead. just take a knife to make it move free.

B4 Sloth
15-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Does your Epa adjust beyond the 100%?

I had no lock on my 22, running a low profile savox. I think it needed to be wound up to 115% to get a decent lock.
Has the servo been lifted out of another car?

Now I have loads of steering:thumbsup:

AfroP
15-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Does your Epa adjust beyond the 100%?

I had no lock on my 22, running a low profile savox. I think it needed to be wound up to 115% to get a decent lock.
Has the servo been lifted out of another car?

Now I have loads of steering:thumbsup:


my EPA is up to 125 on a Spektrum DX2 and that's what I have it set to.

I bought the servo 2nd hand....
you think its possible there are settings left over from original owner?

check for clearence of ballcup. it may touch on the bulkhead. just take a knife to make it move free.

I've checked that and there is clearance. its not rubbing at all

graveltrap
15-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Bizarrely I get full lock in one direction at 100% right and have to set the EPA to 150% for the left side to get the a similar amount of steering in , I'm also running a savox servo (full size 1257 with no spacers). Horn maybe a tooth out as I have Trim set to L13, it's something I need to check, even so...

Spektrum DX3S radio, and receiver.

tisher
15-05-2011, 09:57 PM
I had exactly the same problem with my 1258. I fitted the servo horn one spline to the left and then adjusted the track rod arms to suit worked a treat also leave your remote at 120%

AfroP
15-05-2011, 10:21 PM
cheers guys i'll give that a go