PDA

View Full Version : TLR22 Battery layout


DCM
15-05-2011, 07:00 PM
With seeming to have rear end issue's, was wondering, how would it affect handling if the car was run with saddles at the rear, across the chassis (ala X-6) rather than down the middle?

Tom3012
15-05-2011, 07:24 PM
This was being tried out today at my club, although i never really saw the car going as he was in my race... Ill find out what he thought and get back to you :thumbsup:

DCM
15-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks!!

OldTimer
15-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Should be able to tell you after next weekend ;)

Chequered Flag Racing
16-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Should be able to tell you after next weekend ;)

Losi 22 Ultra????

spud31
16-05-2011, 08:04 AM
hi do you meaqn in rear motor? if not i already run mine with saddles across chassis, i find the car real safe on rear end so much so can run yellow mini spikes on rear vice the yellow full spikes we usually run.

DCM
16-05-2011, 08:05 AM
in mid motor.

JoelMaher
16-05-2011, 08:09 PM
I decided to try this on sunday at Southport after doing a similar thing to the X6 last year. I felt that it took the bumps better and also cornering seemed better too. I could definitely push the car more, the only problem is that the standard 22 shell won't fit so I melted a B44 shell down but I tried another club member's FTW Vane shell on and that fitted nicely so i've ordered one of those. Its definitely worth a try IMHO:thumbsup:

DCM
16-05-2011, 08:18 PM
How was it on low speed corner exit?

JoelMaher
16-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Definitely better, the back end didn't step out at all it felt much smoother

DCM
16-05-2011, 08:35 PM
How tall are you cells, and do you have a pic of what you done?

MHeadling
16-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Vega 22 would be awesome! :wub

JoelMaher
16-05-2011, 09:17 PM
23809 2381023811 I run IPs which are a bit taller than most, im not sure of the exact measurements though. I have tried speedpower and reedys and they still didnt fit.

DCM
16-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Joel, that looks ace, I am starting to think that the weight distribution is wrong on the car, and maybe just to long.

Have you tried any shells?

_sleigh_
16-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Vega 22 would be awesome! :wub

But isnt the USP of the Vega range taking a rear motor car and converting it to a mid motor? If so, then the 22 does that in kit form??

JoelMaher
16-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks, on sunday i ran a melted down b44 shell, but i tried on somebody elses FTW Vane shell and that fitted perfectly so i will be running that havent tried any others. i think i agree about the length my next move will be shortening the chassis