View Full Version : Newbie looking to buy a 22
S.A.W
17-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi,
Looking to buy a 22 as there's now a off road club opened up near me :thumbsup: but I don't really know alot about off road as I've only raced on road.
What turn motor should I get and pinion ? I'll probably go for a SP lpf speedo and SP motor.
Do I need saddle pack lipo if I build it mid motor ?
and which servo ?
Thanks.
AfroP
17-05-2011, 12:36 PM
If your going for a 22 and your dead set on getting one
Then wait till you have it before you get your pinion, there is a section in the manual that tells you which pinion to use for which turn of motor in order to get the best gear ratio.
I would recommend that you check the footprint of any speedo that you get and try to get it as small as possible, the Tekin RS is a good size for the 22 and a very good speedo as well.
saddles would probably be best as it is very tight inside the chassis alternatively there is a stubby stick that losi do that would fit as well.
Servo - low profile is your best bet as like I said its very tight on the chassis and space is at a premium.
Chris56
17-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I use a SP GT2 with an Xcelorin 6.5T motor, saddles and a Savox 1251 servo (low profile).
With that setup a 20T pinion works well for me but does depend on the track.
The SP esc will fit behind a low profile servo (although v.tight), but most drivers i've seen are running their esc at the back.
Hope this info is useful
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.