View Full Version : Possible Phat shell ...
mrspeedy
20-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I gather that there's divided opinion on the stock Vega shell ....
So what about something like this instead -
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8151/061yd.jpg
http://imageshack.us/m/135/649/060v.jpg
Let me know what you think, if there's enough interest I might put it into production ....
SuperSparkSteve
20-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Looks good! :thumbsup:
I'd def buy one.
SimonW
20-05-2011, 12:15 PM
+2 I'd have 2 straight away.
jasonrcb
20-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Definately:thumbsup:
grelland
20-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Me too
uijui
23-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Me too. 3x right away. I hate the stock shell :cry:
tomtom
23-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Like it a lot ! The Vega shell could be nice but need a well thought painting schem.
Really like the Cougar shell in the flesh but could you use thicker lexan on this one ?
I have to admit we're not top drivers and wing/body shell take a lot of abuse :yawn:
chuckie stella
23-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Like it a lot ! The Vega shell could be nice but need a well thought painting schem.
Really like the Cougar shell in the flesh but could you use thicker lexan on this one ?
I have to admit we're not top drivers and wing/body shell take a lot of abuse :yawn:
Just run the stock shell when you get your, Tom. :woot: Aerodynamically it suits the car!
I will reply to your email as soon as, buddy.
SimonW
23-05-2011, 10:23 PM
My stock shell has shattered and there are splits all over it. The sooner the better.....
Rebelrc
24-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Mr speedy can we see shots from underneath. Cheers:)
teamorsum96
24-05-2011, 09:47 AM
liking it Si :thumbsup::woot:
Rebelrc
24-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Is this designed for the vega or is it a cougar shell?
Does look nice!
mrspeedy
24-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Cheers, but neither :p
It was made for a custom B4/X6 buggy I ran last year but it got ditched in favour of a 22 ....
But the layout is very similar to the Vega so will probably fit with a little work ....
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg10/scaled.php?tn=0&server=10&filename=056un.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
SimonW
02-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Any news?
AndyG
02-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Would deffo be interested ... Currently looking into fitting the s2 shell to the vega.
Rebelrc
02-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I like your old car better than the 22 lol:lol:
Nice bit of work! Your obviously skilled and talented with your hands.
Piman
09-08-2011, 12:23 PM
I really like this shell and would definitely order one. Any news if and when a Vega version would be available?
James
JustARcFan
09-08-2011, 12:47 PM
+4 I'd def buy one!
sldmodels
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
I like it, I don't even have that car, my initial thoughts we're "it looks lazy", like it's just relaxing far too much. Maybe that could be a name for it if you haven't thought of one already :thumbsup:
mrspeedy
04-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Unfortunately the first shell didn't fit very well, but why should it, it was designed for a completely different car :rolleyes: !!
I did try one of our 22 shells on the Tamiya version Vega, and the fit was really good, but you will need to use a separate spur gear cover like on the 22.....
The 'Rocco' looks like this -
http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/42193055/dscf6965.jpg
I'll try get some pics of the bodyshell fitted up to a Vega soon :thumbsup:
If your interested or want some more pics of the body look here - http://phatbodies.co.uk/
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.