PDA

View Full Version : Tekin RS or RS Pro?


burgie
30-05-2011, 09:06 AM
I need a new ESC for the 22.....

will a Tekin RS be "man enough" for the 2wd running either 7.5 or 6.5 motors (mainly 7.5) or will I need to get the Pro version?

I know the RS version struggles in 4wd, but I was wondering if it is any better in 2wd.

It will be mainly running on astro tracks, but with the occassional long grass expedition....

msxmre
30-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Tekin RS will be more than fine for 2wd m8. It can run down to a 5t motor. My sons got an RS in his TRF201 running a 7.5t motor with no issues. They're really good especially with all the tuning options available through the hotwire. RS Pro has no motor limit and has 2 layers of fets to accommodate heat. Hope this was helpful to you.
Scotty....

discothesnake
30-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I use an Rs in one of my 2wd cars and it works fine with a 7.5 but i think if you will be running lower winds then the Pro is the one. It gives you peace of mind. I have 4 Tekin speedos in all and they are defo the best speedo about. (in my opinion)

Dave

burgie
30-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Thanks very much for the replies - certainly of use!