View Full Version : 22 Front tyre question.....
Caine
03-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Was just wondering if you guys are stretching the tyres over the wide front rims, or cutting the rims back to suit.
Just unsure as i'm wondering how much it will effect handling going narrower or wider!
Thanks
rcjunky
03-06-2011, 07:12 PM
on my xxx-cr I've tried both ways with mini pins and I like it more on the wide rims, you need to trim less rows (one from each side instead of 2) and its easyer to drive. I haven't tried cut staggers yet.
Martyn (Bomber)
03-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Slim rims on old stags only, new cut stags and spikes regular rims;)
Old stags also work better with no inserts.
Caine
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the advice:thumbsup:
terryh
10-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Slim rims on old stags only, new cut stags and spikes regular rims;)
Old stags also work better with no inserts.
Have you tried slim staggers (U6592) without inserts?
Martyn (Bomber)
11-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Have you tried slim staggers (U6592) without inserts?
Yes, those are the ones I'm on about
Stagger slim U6592 - slim rims and no inserts
Cut Stagger slim U6759 - regular rims and insert
Mini spikes slim U6549/U6550/U6581/U6761 - regular rims and inserts
On high bite tracks I find the mini spikes work better with the inner and outer rows cut off
HTH
terryh
11-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes, those are the ones I'm on about
Stagger slim U6592 - slim rims and no inserts
Cut Stagger slim U6759 - regular rims and insert
Mini spikes slim U6549/U6550/U6581/U6761 - regular rims and inserts
On high bite tracks I find the mini spikes work better with the inner and outer rows cut off
HTH
Cheers Bomber
:thumbsup:
Belsten
15-06-2011, 07:30 PM
full rims for all including the new cut staggers, with inserts
Not tried old staggers yet but if I did, it would be slim with no insert
Caine
15-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Used cut staggers with inserts on full rims on friday, liked them loads more than using pins for sure:thumbsup:
Whiskers
16-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Do you use slim or normal front inserts?
Martyn (Bomber)
16-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Do you use slim or normal front inserts?
Slim inserts for Cut Stags
Whiskers
16-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Slim inserts for Cut Stags
How about mini spikes?
Martyn (Bomber)
16-06-2011, 12:14 PM
How about mini spikes?
Slim mini spikes/cut stags = slim front inserts
4wd mini spikes = 4wd front inserts
I wouldn't recommend using 4wd mini's on a 2wd tho
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.