View Full Version : Caster Racing EX1.5
RCRacing88
05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
So I know some may not have heard of the Caster buggy, or maybe not of Caster Racing at all. But I thought I would start a thread to sort of introduce the buggy.
Just to sort of let you know what I will be doing with mine when it arrives in a few days or so.
I will be posting high quality pictures, possibly a few video's show casing the Caster buggy, and I will also be explaining and going through all the upgrades and other things that I will be putting onto the kit.
The version of the kit I have bought is manufactured as the RTR buggy, though it still being brand new, there are some things that are not as a usual RTR kit. The Radio system & speed controller have been taken out of the kit, and the box is going to be very much damaged as it was caught up in a fire in one of caster's warehouses.
Fortunately for me, this means I get it at about half the price, give or take a few pennies.
So I hope this topic will interest some people, and hope you enjoy how the buggy progresses through its stages.
Pictures and updates will be appearing within a week or so
Cheers
RCRacing88
05-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Picked up the buggy yesturday!
Along with a mamba monster v3 ESC + Castle LiNK
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8042/cimg0001o.jpg
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7281/cimg0007ps.jpg
RCRacing88
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
All is going very well!
So far I am very impressed with the quality of the plastics and overall layout of the components. The steering is very responsive, the spring dampening seems to be pretty good and all seems very controllable.
Though for testing I have been using 2s lipo, simply because I couldn't wait for my 4s to arrive and just had to have a go!
As you can see from the pictures, I have changed out the wheels and tyres for VP Pro Condor XX pre-glued wheels and tyres, and also a JQ wing for the aggressive styling!
The stock motor is only 2000kv, though depending on the speeds I get on 4s I may opt in for a castle creations 2200kv.
It wasnt long before I felt the need to call in the big guns! Savox 12kg, although the stock 9kg servo was a nice addition, It just wasn't up to speed.
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/3343/cimg0002c.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/5198/cimg0006rg.jpg
I also found deep down under the crap in my toolbox a set of DE Racing read skid plates for the Mugen MBX5. I was told by a guy that they would fit so I went ahead and installed one of those!
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/3046/cimg00222.jpg
Sure enough, they fit. Slightly out of line so not perfectly but what can you expect.
Already taking a few scratches from just running around on the dirt.
learnerdriver
05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Picked up the buggy yesturday!
Along with a mamba monster v3 ESC + Castle LiNK
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8042/cimg0001o.jpg
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7281/cimg0007ps.jpg
Hope you enjoy the mamba monster v3 ESC, it was me that sold it to you :thumbsup:
RCRacing88
05-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Hope you enjoy the mamba monster v3 ESC, it was me that sold it to you :thumbsup:
Ah wicked :) Thanks very much mate, works a treat! Just got it all programmed properly today.
Look out for a red and yellow caster ex1 at the nene over the summer :) It'll most likely be mine! ha
It'll be great when I get the 4s :D
RCRacing88
06-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Battery tray mod.
I removed the battery bar, and replaced with 2 velcro straps to eliminate the frustration of loosing clips to hold the battery down :)
http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/6113/cimg00082.jpg
http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/84/cimg0015tn.jpg
RCRacing88
06-06-2011, 03:46 PM
You may have noticed the plastic mud guards protecting the rear driveshafts and lower shocks from dirt and debris.
I did have a slight issue with tiny stones getting in between the hinge pin and diff casing at the rear of the buggy, hopefully this will resolve that :)
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6439/cimg00132.jpg
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1497/cimg00102.jpg
As you can see, they have a woven texture to them which gives them a rather nice look in my opinion. I found an old plastic crate, which I then cut out the sides and shaped to fit the rear arms of the buggy.
Held on by the rear sway bar mounting screws and some strong double sided tape along the back edge to stop them moving around
RCRacing88
08-06-2011, 08:48 AM
The new battery came a couple of days ago so I took the buggy out for a long awaited session of practice.
This is the buggy with the new turnigy lipo - It just about squeezes in the battery tray if its lying on its side.
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2995/cimg00033.jpg
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6990/cimg00053.jpg
jasonwipf
11-06-2011, 07:12 PM
2000kv should be plenty. with 4s many of us run 1700-1900kv motors. 2200 is just overkill and gobbles up the Mah making your run times shorter and necessitating bigger packs.
I use a longer wider losi tray so I have alot of flexibililty on packs. I don't have a problem with saddle packs like on that model and it is good for keeping the weight and center of gravity down. Your current HUGE pack works ok I'm sure but its very high center of gravity wise and looks less that "snug" sitting there. You might want to try picking up 2-3 of these 3000mah 4s (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9498) (click text) packs. and setting them up in parallel to give you 6000 total mah for longer mains or you can use just one for 5min qualifiers. with both of them sitting in the saddle pack positions the CG is about 20mm lower then your current pack and you will feel a difference. Plus being your using 2 if one ever did puff in the future you toss that one and your not out a larger expensive pack. They also have 2500 and 2650 4s packs if you want to trim the weight.
I race with 4000mah to make 10-15min Ebuggy mains. Most RC pro and ROAR races here in the states are getting standardized at 10min for Ebuggy. If I had that car i'd do these packs at 1800mah (http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11942) Each with 35-70C rating x 2 via parallel would give me 3600mah (perfect for 10min main with 1-2 hot laps), be Super light at 400g and short enough that I can move the packs up or down the tray to tune weight balance for traction or jumping effects. Thats just me, your cool either way man. Glad you like your ride!
RCRacing88
11-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks for all the details, are you running the caster buggy or...
I ask because of the trays you mensioned :)
As for the batts, the big 5000mah pack works good, and as you say, the CG is pretty high the way it is, but on the surface I will be running on it won't matter too much :)
I may go for some smaller packs in the future to run in parallel, though i'm not completely sure yet :) I will get down to the track in the next few weeks and see how it goes with the current batt setup.
I understand what your saying about the mah's for short heats and mains, but I'm not a *competitive racer, I can drive, don't get me wrong but for now it's great to just turn up at practice days at my local track just to have fun with the guys there, doing small races within practice with other guys at the track :)
Though your comment is muchly appreciated, and If I do decide to take racing more seriously I will indeed test out a parallel battery setup with around 3000mah of each.
Thanks again :)
Yeah I thoroughly enjoy running this one, more then any of the other kits I have, and have had. It's setup perfect for my needs and steers on demand.
plenty of torque and top end too!
RCRacing88
12-06-2011, 02:33 AM
The buggy is still running strong with only minor issues so far.
- Front lower arm broken
- Wing mount bent to one side
- Screws on underside coming loose + front upper hinge pin grub screw came loose
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4692/cimg0004y.jpg
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4310/cimg0018f.jpg
Things to be aware of:
- (at least in my case) Screws on the underside of the chassis, such as the motor mount screws came loose and I was lucky enough to find a direct replacement in my toolbox for the one that completely came out. I advise using lock tight on screws that go into aluminium as they don't have any on to start with.
- Another thing to think about is the centre front hinge pin block is plastic made, I have already snapped the two tabs off that hold it straight on the chassis so will see if there is an aluminium one for the mbx5 buggy from mugen
- The stock 2000kv motor can run pretty hot on 4s Lipo even with the shell off, so be weary of temperatures. I did get the original one replaced due to it burning up on me un-necessarily. So I did go and pick up a head sink + fan to fit on the motor to help keep it cooler.
I can't wait to take the buggy to the track!
Take a look below to see a short video I made today of the caster in 1080p.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtTp6TMx4U
rizka
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
nice vids mate im interested in a 1/8 e-buggy at the mo...you seem to have had a few problems with this though ...whats your overall thoughts on it? ...my other choice would be a hyper which i know are strong as hell...did the front arm break from a massive impact or a small knock?
cheers for any help mate !
RCRacing88
12-06-2011, 12:32 PM
nice vids mate im interested in a 1/8 e-buggy at the mo...you seem to have had a few problems with this though ...whats your overall thoughts on it? ...my other choice would be a hyper which i know are strong as hell...did the front arm break from a massive impact or a small knock?
cheers for any help mate !
Hey mate,
Thanks :) Much appreciated!
Not problems, I would say, Minor hickups ;)
If you did chose to buy this kit, all I would suggest you do is lock-tight any screws going into aluminium.
And as with all rc's, keep an eye on your temps!
It' a true performer from what I have experienced so far. Personally I would go for the caster over the hyper, simply because of the traditional design and layout. Plus you have the parts support of mugen :D
Moving onto the front arm breaking, during the video posted up above was when I broke it, I hit a big rock about the size of 4-5 bricks that was stuck in the ground and sticking up.
I am very pleased with how the buggy handled it because it could have quite easily bent a shock shaft, snapped upper arm, stripped out pivot ball.
I can still use it which is the amazing thing, until I get a replacement part from mugen :D
So I'm veyr very happy with this kit, and with the parts support of mugen, you can't go wrong!!
rizka
12-06-2011, 12:54 PM
nice one thanks for the reply sounds good!
where did you pick it up from mate? i cant find a u.k supplier? ;(
RCRacing88
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
If your in the UK, contact Russ at future world models (http://www.futureworldmodels.co.uk) and he will be able to sort you one out :)
You can either pick one up, or get it sent out :)
rizka
12-06-2011, 05:25 PM
thanks!
i have a 74mm motor that i was going to fit looks like that will be a bit tight ....also looking at the kyosho inferno .... got the money and the system but not sure what to buy ;)
RCRacing88
12-06-2011, 05:32 PM
nice vids mate im interested in a 1/8 e-buggy at the mo...you seem to have had a few problems with this though ...whats your overall thoughts on it? ...my other choice would be a hyper which i know are strong as hell...did the front arm break from a massive impact or a small knock?
cheers for any help mate !
thanks!
i have a 74mm motor that i was going to fit looks like that will be a bit tight ....also looking at the kyosho inferno .... got the money and the system but not sure what to buy ;)
Aaah that's a shame, I had a look at the kyosho too, but LHS didnt stock parts, atleast they stock mugen, and people at the track mostly run mugen & caster's :)
Good luck
RCRacing88
14-06-2011, 01:28 AM
After running the Caster buggy for a couple of packs today, I have taken into account the use of a single 4s pack in one tray is overkill, and decided that it is necesary to swap out to dual 2s packs.
I was flipping left and right today, granted I was running on grass but hey, I still think I would highly benefit from dual 2s's :)
The CG is just way too high
Thanks for who ever gave me that idea :thumbsup:
RCRacing88
18-06-2011, 12:03 AM
After having run a fare few more packs through the caster buggy since my last update. I thought it was only right to continue to note my progress with the kit :)
As of now, I have 2 parts that are broken on the kit, Front right A-arm, which is being held together by a cable tie or two (works great!).
The other part currently broken is the front, inner lower hinge pin brace. Held straight to the chassis by two round tabs, though mine now has 1 so I will need to replace that sometime with an aluminium one from somewhere. Though it will hold up for now.
I was having some problems with the high C of G caused by the battery pack, which was causing the buggy to flip and roll when any throttle was applied when going around a turn.
Since i'm not made of money and can't afford new packs every week, I simply had to make do with what I had. I will post pictures later on tomorrow but I have modded the battery tray to accommodate the large 4s pack. its a tight fit but it isn't too hard to change out packs once you get the nack.
Another problem I ran into which was completely my own fault, was that the battery tray holding my 4s beast, was detached from the chassis when I landed upside down from a jump. The tray is held to the chassis by two m3 screws, which is fine if you are running 2x 2s lipo's but I am obviously not. So the plastic tray couldn't hold the weight and just stripped the threads. This was easily overcome by counter sinking the tray from the top, so I have made myself a notch for a small nut to sit in above the tray, and a bolt through from the other side. This is super strong and will ensure that your tray is safely secured down.
Not a compulsory mod, but if your planning to run this kit on a single 4s, it may be something you wish to consider.
Tyres:
From my experience, what I have found is that, on the side of the battery, the rear wheel has a considerable amount more wear on than the others. Now I know this is obviously due to the heavy battery, but just thought I would mention it.
One other thing I have changed on the buggy, is I changed the shock positioning lower and upper. I moved it to its most upright angle (top out, in towards centre). This has drastically improved the jumping characteristics surprisingly, which is great :)
I still have yet to get down to the track and try it out. Especially now with the new pack layout, it should work really good. I will get some video footage of the buggy at the track, once I get another pack, so it's worth my while when I get there :)
Cheers
RCRacing88
18-06-2011, 09:05 PM
So, since yesterday's update didn't have any pictures, here's to make up for that!
Here's a mid shot of the buggy, with the battery lying as low as it can.
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/4458/cimg0008z.jpg
This next picture shows the capacitor I had to put in the kit. The reason being is that the high powered savox servo was cutting power to the ESC when it was pushing a bit of weight, drawing more voltage. The capacitor is the exact same as the spektrum one you can buy except I made this one myself. This distributes the current evenly throughout the electrical components. ESC / MOTOR FAN / SERVO.
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1609/cimg0010nm.jpg
I thought it may be worth measuring the height of the 4s pack in it's new set-up. Taking into consideration the ruler doesn't start at the bottom. So it read about 4CM give or take a few mm from the side mud guard of the chassis.
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6515/cimg0013l.jpg
This next picture shows the gap between the battery and the spur gear :)
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5908/cimg0014g.jpg
Here we have my temporary fix of the front a-arm, 3 cable ties does the job :)
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4831/cimg0015i.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6128/cimg0016n.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/968/cimg0017sv.jpg
Next up, the battery tray mod to accommodate my large 4s lipo. This is only necessary because the pack I have features wires that come from the side, not the bullet style that are directly in the casing which are only used on hard case cells.
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/9375/cimg0026t.jpg
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/362/cimg0027u.jpg
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2918/cimg0028r.jpg
My Spektrum radio and the buggy after It had been out for a pack in the rain :)
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1277/cimg0031fx.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5925/cimg0033m.jpg
I get atleast 25min runtimes with the 4s 5000mah pack. and the motor stays hot but still touchable. and the battery is at room temperature. Esc is warm.
I am having trumendous fun with this buggy! but I still don't think I'm ready to cast a final thought on the buggy.
So within the next few weeks, I should get to the track, and have my mind set about the buggy.
Cheers
Did your Caster ex1.5R (RTR) come with threaded shocks as standard?
RCRacing88
18-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Did your Caster ex1.5R (RTR) come with threaded shocks as standard?
This isnt the 1.5r, just the 1.5, its the RTR and yes, it comes with threaded body shocks :)
I have the ZX1.5r RTR. Its a very durable kit. Here is me doing a few laps at home made track.
http://www.youtube.com/user/jaysminicam
RCRacing88
18-06-2011, 11:30 PM
A little rich on the high speed, but nice driving and nice track!
If only I had some astro turf to create a minimal maintenance track :)
RCRacing88
19-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Everything is still going strong with the caster buggy.
I took it out today for some speed runs up and down the road outside of my house, impressed some small kids, got some good runs and had fun chasing cars.
I'm more than satisfied with how it performs messing around on grass and small jumps, i'm just very keen to see how it will perform at the track!
The battery issue has been resolved and now the buggy is pretty hard to roll at all with the new layout.
If you haven't seen the video of it yet... check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtTp6TMx4U
and stay tuned for some more vids, updates, and thoughts on the kit.
Cheers
RCRacing88
20-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Today I had a little miss hap with the caster...
I was doing some 4-6ft jumps on grass with the caster and it nose dived in the the ground, and then went into a forward roll for about 10 feet.
Which resulted in this:
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/900/cimg0005kq.jpg
Which later led to this:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6348/cimg0007f.jpg
What happened was, the battery shifted right into the spur gear on impact. The reason being is that I had to cut the battery tray to hold my lipo. Plus it didnt help that the trays are so freakin close to the spur!!!
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/4268/cimg0004ld.jpg
Small wooden block, sized and placed so it acts as a wall to stop the battery moving to the spur again. Solid oak wood, held down by a single screw from the bottom of the chassis.
Anyway, Fixed that, now onto the next thing.
A rather perculiar miss hap this time, the center -> rear dog bone fell out. Went to place it back in, and it apears to be 10mm too short. so I put a peice of fuel tubing around 5mm in each of the outdrives to centre the dog bone. Used for another pack after this and seems to be holding up well. Perhaps I lost spacers from inside or something but this is mighty strange.
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7848/cimg0014te.jpg
Next occurance, front left CVD drive pin comes loose! What ever next.
Luckily it didn't fall out completely otherwise I would have been completely screwed but it was lying on the ground next to the stalled caster :/
Took both the front axles apart, re-applied thread lock and away I went.
The rear don't have the CVD cups, they just use out-drives and dog bones.
In an attempt to cool this super hot motor...
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4011/cimg0003mb.jpg
Surprisingly stable, and doesn't move about but... and this is a big but. It doesn't help at all, in-fact it's probably worse than using the tiny heat sink and amazingly slow fan. If the fan was faster on the heat-sinked one, perhaps it would help a little.
Top shot of the chassis:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1675/cimg0012c.jpg
View of the underside:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3482/cimg0016da.jpg
Thanks, and hope your finding this useful :)
RCRacing88
21-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Got some more video footage :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWPwlAaMTPg
audriusv
23-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice! I am with Caster Fusion EX-1.5R Pro second season. No big problems at all and I can keep up with fastest guys on the track easily. If I only could drive as good as my Caster buggy holds up :)
RCRacing88
25-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Nice! I am with Caster Fusion EX-1.5R Pro second season. No big problems at all and I can keep up with fastest guys on the track easily. If I only could drive as good as my Caster buggy holds up :)
Wicked mate :)
They are great buggies when it comes to speed and precision! :)
RCRacing88
25-06-2011, 12:22 AM
New Shell!
Picked this up from FWM this morning along with a few other bits...
Painted myself :) Nothinng special but I think it stands out which is all that matters when your on the drivers stand!
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/6841/cimg0008x.jpg
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8117/cimg0009g.jpg
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/4516/cimg0010cb.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3369/cimg0024y.jpg
And of course I added some graphics bat decals xD
I have had a little change around with the electronics... Let's just say, Me and stock motor's don't get on and I had another fry up for afternoon brunch ;)
A tekin motor will be powering this thing in no time at all and all will be good ;)
I will most likely choose the 1900kv tekin motor though this will no doubt change depending on the mood i'm in when deciding for the final time. lol
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/527/cimg0012i.jpg
So I did say I had a little change around, and this wasn't just the motor situation. I have chosen to stick with the single 4s pack. It seem to be working well whilst still being more than reasonably balanced. I have now moved the MM ESC down into the other battery tray which is currently only holding my ESC switch. I haven't tried it with this setup yet but i'm sure it will even the weight out a little more.
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/63/cimg0014w.jpg
To be continued...
RCRacing88
25-06-2011, 12:30 AM
...Continued
I also picked up some mugen arms from FWM.
They fitted right on without any hassle and although they have a slightly different design they do feel allot more sturdy!
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/9241/cimg0015b.jpg
I did have a little clean up whilst I have the thing partially apart. here's a view from above.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1426/cimg0020ky.jpg
http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4503/cimg0023w.jpg
Another thing I picked up today was a set of rubber driveshaft boots from FWM for the caster.
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5055/cimg0013m.jpg
Now I have never used driveshaft boots before so I have no idea whether they will stay on or what I have to do but i'm sure someone will correct me if I have made a mistake.
More updates to come soon :D
Andy P
25-06-2011, 07:50 AM
I am running the EX1.5r and enjoying the car very capable. :thumbsup:
You mentioned the drive shaft boots I am using these on the back of the car and they work well on the back and save filling the CVD with sand when running on Astro. After each run I just check they are pushed on ok. Just a note these boots do not fit the new Caster drive shafts with the smaller cups caster do not do an alternative for these shafts but apparently some team durango boots do i am waiting to receive a set of these.
I have had the same issue with the front lower arms broke one the same as you and managed to pull the pin ball from the lower arm. In both cases bad landings on a dirt track. I have had no issues with the car on the Astro. I have had these arms in the pan for a 1 hour simmer to softern them up. Were the arms you used MBX5 or 6? Also caster do a softer set of front arms not tried these.
The plastic part you have broken that aligns the front diff the 1.5r one is 7075 ali and i have had no issue with it.
As far as 74mm motor goes i have one sensored in my ex1.5r and it fits no problem.
I have had some issues with shells i would recommend slotting your holes because the flex in the chassis can split the shell.
One issue related to parts I am having is the upper hinge pins i bought a set as spare put they are to long spoken to the supplier and they have no record of the shorter pins on the EX1.5r so it looks like i will have to cut down the ones i have.:confused:
RCRacing88
25-06-2011, 09:07 AM
Okay, nice to know about the boots! :)
I used the MBX5R Arms and they were a direct fit.
Yeah that's the one, I will get one of those soon, definitely upgrade to an ali one :)
What 74mm motor are you running?
A couple of people have suggested slotting the shell... I guess it's just a flexy chassis even with the ali braces?
That's not good! ahh...
Thanks for your information mate :D
RCRacing88
25-06-2011, 09:24 AM
As far as 74mm motor goes i have one sensored in my ex1.5r and it fits no problem.
What I need to know is whether the EX1.5 motor mount is the exact same as the 1.5R because I dont want to buy a motor that doesn't fit!
I'm looking to buy the tekin 1900 which is 71mm long, which is within dimensions on the kit, and 42mm in diameter. which looks like it should fit :)
jasonwipf
25-06-2011, 11:51 AM
If you haven't seen the video of it yet... check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtTp6TMx4U
Very nice video production for a back yard bashing session. Good job man!
jasonwipf
25-06-2011, 12:02 PM
The mugen arms you show in that pic are upside down btw. Not a biggie it wont really matter.
I used to put mbx 6 arms on my mbx5 so you should actually be able to use mbx6 arms if you want, they are easier to get and have thicker plastic up front on the hinge pin than the mbx5 arms.
You should like the 1900 motor it will stay much cooler. (I race with that motor) If the gear ratio on that caster is like its counter part mugens 13-16T pinions should be your range.
Be sure on the booties they are a tight seal. Its only as good as the seal otherwise any dirt that gets in is destine to be tossed around in there till its ground up into dust wearing your joints even more. Are you guys oil/greasing your cva joints or running them dry with or without the boots?
Andy P
25-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I have been running the Hobbywing 4274 and it measures as it says on the tin 74mm long and i have about 3mm space from the steering parts.
The mount is different on the 1.5r it is all ali without the cut out. best thing to do is measure the space you have got it looks from the pics that the 1.5 you have has the revised top plate which pulls the steering parts forward a bit.
As far as chassis flex yep even with the ali supports it will flex. Some drivers like a bit of chassis flex some do not. if you want to get rid of the flex check out
http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_Caster_EX_UpperDeck.html
I have this on one of my cars and it is ace at stiffening the whole thing up and looks the dogs :cool:
As far as lubing drive shaft CVDs with boots, i have been using spray grease which is quite light but like you say if dirt gets in can form a nice grinding paste and kill the drives.
RCRacing88
25-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Very nice video production for a back yard bashing session. Good job man!
Thanks mate :)
RCRacing88
25-06-2011, 04:27 PM
The mugen arms you show in that pic are upside down btw. Not a biggie it wont really matter.
I used to put mbx 6 arms on my mbx5 so you should actually be able to use mbx6 arms if you want, they are easier to get and have thicker plastic up front on the hinge pin than the mbx5 arms.
You should like the 1900 motor it will stay much cooler. (I race with that motor) If the gear ratio on that caster is like its counter part mugens 13-16T pinions should be your range.
Be sure on the booties they are a tight seal. Its only as good as the seal otherwise any dirt that gets in is destine to be tossed around in there till its ground up into dust wearing your joints even more. Are you guys oil/greasing your cva joints or running them dry with or without the boots?
Yeah, Can't wait to get the tekin motor :) will be ace!
Ahh I just noticed that too! HAHA I will swap them over sometime he he
yeah I was planning on using tiny cable ties to wrap around the boots and keep them tight as from what i can see they won't stay on.
I'll be running dry with boots :D
RCRacing88
05-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Should be picking up the new Tekin motor tomorrow, fitting it up, wiring and testing.
Wish me luck!
Pictures will shortly follow :) (hopefully)
RCRacing88
05-07-2011, 11:07 PM
I will mention that I went ahead and purchased another full set of VP Pro's tyres that are currently on offer at Apex Models. 10.99 a pair is a bargain!
The rim plastics are very flexible which fits my application, and the tyre treads are awesome! the first set I tried was the Condor XX, and I have yet to try out my new Turbo Trax set.
RCRacing88
07-07-2011, 11:51 PM
What begins with 'T', ends with 'N'. and spells T.E.K.I.N?
Any guesses?
Tekin T8 Motor
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6554/cimg0003pf.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8496/cimg0005pc.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1336/cimg0006cw.jpg
Isn't it just beautiful...
haha, but seriously, it's a great looking motor, it feels very well machined in your hands and weighs a fare bit too!
The model we have here is the 1900kv buggy motor.
New shell:
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/287/cimg0012n.jpg
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3320/cimg0018z.jpg
Here we have the tekin motor fitted in the caster buggy. I was hesitant to whether or not the motor would fit, as caster USA stated a value on their website for motor sizes which seemed way too good to be true. Sure enough, I was wrong. (thankfully)
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3661/cimg0021c.jpg
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3489/cimg0022gr.jpg
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/2614/cimg0029hx.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4065/cimg0030x.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6071/cimg0031n.jpg
Last but not least, we have my new set of VP Pro wheels and tyres. These are the "Turbo Traxx" treat pattern and so far have out standed the condor XX on every surface. Not to mention they hardly wear at all.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9690/cimg0027o.jpg
Visit my youtube (http://youtube.com/rcracing88) channel for a short overview of the new motor, and running clips on grass, + my thoughts as I drive.
I will mention a couple of things about the diffs.
I did tear down F/C/R diffs to clean and replace factory grease with losi diff oils designed for the Eight-t. I have had a quick run around with it and it seems to transition allot smoother and more quickly with the new oils. Though a more thorough test will be needed to conclude the differences.
Replacing diff oils was a first for me, so I was a little hesitant in doing so. Coming from a first timer, taking the F/R diffs out were a bit of hassle, it meant for around 12 screws to be taken out which was the easy bit. Putting the diff casing back in however was a little trickier. Though I suppose all 1/8 buggies are just as complex.
The centre diff however was a doddle. It too 4 screws from the top, and two from below to remove the motor mount, and boom, the top plate was off and you could slide the centre diff out to do maintenance. (Very impressed)
RCRacing88
08-07-2011, 10:38 PM
So today I got some running footage of the new Tekin T8... Which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn44ldeEgU8
If you watch the whole video, you will see that I did manage to break a front arm on the buggy. This was a Mugen MBX5R Arm, but it did hit pretty hard. (unfortunately the video doesn't show that very well)
I went to the BMX track first thing this morning, packed a bag of tools and of course the buggy and cycled for around 10 mins until I arrived at the location.
It's a great place to bash, and would be even more of a blast if someone else was there to enjoy the jumps with their RC kit too.
I got around 10 mins shooting before the buggy landed on it's lid and a dodgy solder connection came unstuck. GRRR
Went back home, sorted it all out and got some more footage between the unpredictable rain showers that were striking throughout the day. Also GRRR (Bloody weather) GRRRRRRR
Check the footage out, it came out pretty good, I was testing the durability of the shock towers and the arms, when flipping the buggy in slow motion, towards the camera.
Cheers
audriusv
13-07-2011, 08:20 AM
Nice. Caster already is producing new front lower arms. They have some beefier areas that should make them stronger. Will see how they hold up on my buggy.
RCRacing88
13-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Nice. Caster already is producing new front lower arms. They have some beefier areas that should make them stronger. Will see how they hold up on my buggy.
Cheers bud,
Yeah, I have seen the new caster arms, I think they are a softer material and mean to be better!
I will just fit either mbx5r arms from mugen, or the mbx6 one's if they fit but i'm pretty sure they do.
RCRacing88
13-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Runtimes...
From a fully charged 5000mah 4s 30c discharge Lipo from Turnigy. I got 32:15 mins from first 15 mins on short grass racing around cones, and the 2nd 15 mins or so doing full speed runs down a road.
I am very pleased with the Tekin motor giving me a ton more runtime from the same pack! Win win with Tekin for me!
I think on track, running consistently, I could get 40-45mins per pack. Amazing!
I will be heading down to the track on 31st of July, The track has been slightly altered, so we will see how the new layout goes!
Check back for some more info in the up coming weeks!
RCRacing88
14-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Came into an issue today with the caster front, stock drive shaft popping out. The cause of this was when under heavy braking on grass, the nose would dive down enough to make the angle of the dogbone tight enough for it to pop out.
This did happen twice before I did something about it.
I figured the reason was because the shocks were travelling too far at the front. So I took apart the two front shocks, and added a bit of old fuel tubing from my nitro's to act as a stopper. (around 10mm long, with old fuel tube, as it usually looses its elasticity over time & stiffer the better)
I did this to both shocks, and have used the buggy for atleast an hour after doing that slight mod, and they seem to be holding up!
However I have got some new hardened diff outdrives for the centre and front diffs on order with Russ @ FWM, as the centre were a bit chipped too.
Stocking up on mugen arms for a visit to the nene in a couple of weeks, though hopefully I won't need them as they're does usually tend to be huge rocks around the track ;)
I have also ordered some mugen mbx6 wing stay mounts because I snapped one of those and having ali ones will be better because I usually use them to hold the buggy when walking somewhere.
Also some ali wing washers to replace the plastic (not broken, just prefer ali ones)
Some more velcro for the battery straps, and another set of EC5's for the new battery I will order very soon.
Check back in a few days for some more info.
Video below of todays little run around with the caster: (update soon)
jasonwipf
16-07-2011, 04:55 PM
I can't help but wonder, for all the fixes you did to the caster if you would'nt have been better off getting a MBX6Eco. Grats on the 1900 Tekin that thing is great!
RCRacing88
16-07-2011, 06:23 PM
I can't help but wonder, for all the fixes you did to the caster if you would'nt have been better off getting a MBX6Eco. Grats on the 1900 Tekin that thing is great!
I am very Impatient my friend.
If I could have waited to get a mugen, I most certainly would have.
audriusv
17-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Cheers bud,
Yeah, I have seen the new caster arms, I think they are a softer material and mean to be better!
I will just fit either mbx5r arms from mugen, or the mbx6 one's if they fit but i'm pretty sure they do.
Hi,
there is even newer Caster arms... Do not think that they are in sales anywhere...;)
But yes, mbx6 arms fits nicely. I have one 1.5R with mbx6 arms and second 1.5R with newest Caster arms. Will see how them hold up :).
Where I race there is one very good Mugen driver. If I set up Caster correctly (and it is not usual thing as I experiment a lot! I am novice and want to learn something, not just copy some setups...) I can keep with his ECO easily... Of cause there is less "sharp corners" with Mugen than with Caster... Caster is a young company with a lot to learn...
RCRacing88
21-07-2011, 10:29 PM
Since the last update on the buggy, I have acquired some ali wing stay mounts from the mugen mbx6 which fit a treat, and some ali wing washers to beef up the wing area a bit.
I have also fitted the hardened & lightened alloy diff outdrives center and rear, and also have some new front ones on order.
I will eventually be buying some CVD's for center to front and rear diffs, and also CVD's for the rear diff to wheels. Not a necessity but It will save some time when re-assembling the diffs into the buggy.
I have had a few problems with the buggy with gears crunching and what not. To cut a long story short, I have had each and every diff apart countless amounts of times to figure out the problem, but it turns out I had shimmed the front diff incorrectly which caused the bevel pinion gear to get eaten up.
So I have one of those on order, along with some more diff shims.
I will hopefully make it to nene valley soon, though who knows!
Thanks
RCRacing88
30-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Order updates.
I have purchased a small handful of things for the buggy...
2.5mm carbon chassis upper deck
Orion 3800 30c 2s hardcase LiPo's (x2 second hand)
HobbyKing 5300 30-60c hardcase LiPo's (x2 brand new)
Front diff bevelled Pinion gear shaft
Diff Shims
Front diff hardened outdrives
12awg CORE-RC Silicone wire
I will soon also be getting a new motor mount, called the Elite RC Motor mount for the MBX6, as I am assured by the guy that makes these, that the MBX6 one will fit the caster buggy perfectly.
Thanks for checking the updates out...
jasonwipf
30-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Elite is the bomb, how did you find out about them?
RCRacing88
30-07-2011, 08:11 AM
It certainly looks it!
You have one of these beautifully crafted blocks of ali?
I cannot wait to get my hands on one
Kevsgsi
30-07-2011, 10:55 PM
I have a caster zx1 which i got when they first came out and were very unknown but its been a great buggy, ive decided to convert it to electric now as i fancy a change from nitro, Ive got all the chassis bits but its a mission trying to find the chassis then i need to decide on a motor and esc :thumbsup:
RCRacing88
30-07-2011, 11:05 PM
I have a caster zx1 which i got when they first came out and were very unknown but its been a great buggy, ive decided to convert it to electric now as i fancy a change from nitro, Ive got all the chassis bits but its a mission trying to find the chassis then i need to decide on a motor and esc :thumbsup:
That's wicked mate, I do love nitro, but if I had to choose between the two i'd go for EP ;) Started with nitro, just prefer not having to tune needles on a race day ;) They are still awesome though, I just got a hyper 7 which is super quick!
Ya, i'm having trouble finding parts myself, though hobby shop doesnt have a problem, and can get almost anything from caster in, in a few days at a really good price!
Future World Models ;)
RCRacing88
31-07-2011, 11:27 PM
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9548/cimg0004s.jpg
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/7233/cimg0016a.jpg
Sheered bevelled diff pinion
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2518/cimg0018vh.jpg
When Soft aluminium meets my trigger finger...
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/5238/cimg0026m.jpg
Just for reference, I do have a new pit mat, a first infact. Though it's not designed to be a pit mat. It's a large cutting board which I picked up for £7 at my workplace. self healing top coat, wipes down nicely and makes it allot easier to find fallen screws.
More products coming soon
RCRacing88
01-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Team Orion lipo's arrived today!
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7274/cimg0003j.jpg
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1699/cimg0007ev.jpg
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5784/cimg0010ip.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5865/cimg0017r.jpg
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8160/cimg0020q.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4633/cimg0027ub.jpg
I came across these on ebay for £40.00 a pair used which is a great price I think. They are both in almost mint condition with only tiny minor scratches on the top side due to battery strap rub.
They fit very nicely with a snug width fit and about a 5mm gap end to end
audriusv
01-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice batteries for nice price. Do not know how much weight they have?
From pictures I see that your diff is old one. Now Caster buggy comes with helical diff gears.
RCRacing88
01-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Nice batteries for nice price. Do not know how much weight they have?
From pictures I see that your diff is old one. Now Caster buggy comes with helical diff gears.
Hey!
What do you mean by 'Helical'?
Thanks, I will weigh them just now :)
RCRacing88
01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
The weight of each pack is approx 229 grams
Andy P
02-08-2011, 01:49 PM
The helical means the teeth are not straight but curved. Only the pro kits come with helical gears what Caster call version 3 gears your kit comes with version 2.
You can see on the link the curve on the teeth
http://casterracingusa.com/product.php?productid=411&cat=6&page=9
the engine mount you are going for looks awesome. :drool: Have you ordered it? The only thing i have noticed is it is wider than the standard caster one and will move the motor forward slightly which is the only thing putting me off getting one which is a shame because the standard caster one is poo.
Are you doing the weekends racing at Nene 20-21st August?
RCRacing88
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
The helical means the teeth are not straight but curved. Only the pro kits come with helical gears what Caster call version 3 gears your kit comes with version 2.
You can see on the link the curve on the teeth
http://casterracingusa.com/product.php?productid=411&cat=6&page=9
the engine mount you are going for looks awesome. :drool: Have you ordered it? The only thing i have noticed is it is wider than the standard caster one and will move the motor forward slightly which is the only thing putting me off getting one which is a shame because the standard caster one is poo.
Are you doing the weekends racing at Nene 20-21st August?
Ahh that's alright then, thanks for the info, I haven't had any problems so far with straight cut, so until I do, I will stick with what I got!
Yeah, the mount is what I am really looking forward to getting! Looks ace. It's going to be £75 shipped from the US though. Pretty pricey
Not racing, I will most likely be there at practise though :) Look for a big blue paint chipped van if your there ;)
I haven't got a transponder and stuff yet, and don't really get down there often enough. I may be going tomorrow evening, though nothing set in stone until i'm there ;)
If I were the one driving, I would be there every week hhaahha
RCRacing88
02-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Oh ****!
I have just realised that I may have gotten the hobbyshop to order me the wrong diff pinion! Grrr, i'm guessing you can't use helical & straight together? :L
Waited weeks to run the thing and now have to get another pinion...
RCRacing88
04-08-2011, 06:43 PM
So I contacted numerous people regarding the diff problem.
I think I have the issue solved thanks to Russ at FWM. I am picking up another gear tomorrow which should* fit ;)
Today I got the Diggity Designs Carbon upper decks which I have been expecting. They came from the US within around a week, which isn't too bad.
here they are, all installed:
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2057/cimg0002k.jpg
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8384/cimg0008yg.jpg
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/3449/cimg0017w.jpg
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/5864/cimg0020g.jpg
They look awesome, and the chassis is now much more rigid.
All i'm waiting on now is that crown gear and I should be up and running again.
Will report back tomorrow.
Andy P
05-08-2011, 12:54 PM
ooooh. Just checked out Digity designs this top deck you have is a new item they call it 'Flexy' (I bet it don't flex that much) I have the original on mine.
I know with the Caster america main team drivers, one liked the orginal top deck the other found it to stiff probably hence this new item you have.
Good to see there is some development going on for the Caster.
RCRacing88
05-08-2011, 08:57 PM
ooooh. Just checked out Digity designs this top deck you have is a new item they call it 'Flexy' (I bet it don't flex that much) I have the original on mine.
I know with the Caster america main team drivers, one liked the orginal top deck the other found it to stiff probably hence this new item you have.
Good to see there is some development going on for the Caster.
Ahh nice one! It's not flexy at all :woot:
Aaah, it's been around for a few months as i've had my eye on it ;) it's will certainly ensure that there is minimal flex though :D
Squares
08-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Nice thread and vids mate, just read it all.:thumbsup:
I will be interested to see how you find the lipos, as I have to choose which ones I will get shortly for my Hyper 7 project, which will get simular use to yours, eg bashing! :lol:
RCRacing88
08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Nice thread and vids mate, just read it all.:thumbsup:
I will be interested to see how you find the lipos, as I have to choose which ones I will get shortly for my Hyper 7 project, which will get simular use to yours, eg bashing! :lol:
Thank you mate :)
It's coming on just nicely :thumbsup:
Hhaa, are you going to be using dual batt trays for your hyper?
Squares
08-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I must admit I am not sure. So far all I have done is sort out and sell my old car/cars and get a suitable Hyper to convert. I have a nitro one too, that I have had for about 8 or 10 years, but I want to keep that as a smoker.:lol:
So as yet I haven't purchased any of the electrics or conversion stuff, I have been looking at the EZ run stuff to start with, as their 150A ESC is meant to be ok.
What are your thoughts on the 1 big batt v 2smaller? I can see that two is better for racing, but for cost and ease of charging, I wondered if 1 was better for bashing.....
Cheers.
RCRacing88
08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
I must admit I am not sure. So far all I have done is sort out and sell my old car/cars and get a suitable Hyper to convert. I have a nitro one too, that I have had for about 8 or 10 years, but I want to keep that as a smoker.:lol:
So as yet I haven't purchased any of the electrics or conversion stuff, I have been looking at the EZ run stuff to start with, as their 150A ESC is meant to be ok.
What are your thoughts on the 1 big batt v 2smaller? I can see that two is better for racing, but for cost and ease of charging, I wondered if 1 was better for bashing.....
Cheers.
I've just had a look at some hyper 7 conversion kits, they all seem to have 1 battery tray. So in my opinion, your better off sticking with a single 4/5s lipo.
Unless you have two trays I don't really see the need, I do have a 4s lipo which I am looking to get rid of if your interested. It's the one i've used for this buggy as you've seen a few pages pack on this thread. It's slightly damaged casing so ill give ya a good price ;)
Depends on your budget, If you don't mind waiting a while for a more expensive system then EZ run, then I would do that. But if you are in a hurry then It should do fine, just watch your temps for sure.
Yeah I've recently got a hyper, they are pretty awesome :) (nitro guzzler)
Squares
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Right, ok, I will have a think.
That lipo of yours is mashed! Haha:p Might still be tempted though....
Do think the running temps seem to be more based on a high KV motor? So if I potentially got a EZRun 150A ESC and a Decent low KV motor, would that work you reckon?
Sorry for the high jack, but I suppose its all sort of relevant.:thumbsup:
RCRacing88
08-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Right, ok, I will have a think.
That lipo of yours is mashed! Haha:p Might still be tempted though....
Do think the running temps seem to be more based on a high KV motor? So if I potentially got a EZRun 150A ESC and a Decent low KV motor, would that work you reckon?
Sorry for the high jack, but I suppose its all sort of relevant.:thumbsup:
It's just the outer blue shrink around the cells, the cells are actually untouched (luckily) haha. It's a great pack, it's rated at 5000mah, though it actually holds over 5300. I set my charger to stop at 5300 and it stopped at CAPACITY instead of FULL which means there is still room for more charge.
I have had two stock 2000kv motors burn up on me, so never again will I buy cheap motors hehe
I would advise, get the EZRUN ESC, as they don't get nearly as hot as the motors. and get yourself a decent quality motor, whether that be castle, tekin or whichever you can find that is well known.
If your going to be running on 4s go for 1800kv - 2200 (around that area) and 5s go for allot lower kv and gear accordingly :) But 4s is good IMO as it keeps the weight down a little more and 5s is over kill ;)
Np :P
Squares
14-08-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for your advise mate.
Enough of the highjack, is your car back up and running yet?:thumbsup:
I was rebuilding one of the Hypers the other day, and it looked like it had a simular crownwheel gear to the one you stripped.....:confused:
Hope it is sorted.
RCRacing88
14-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks for your advise mate.
Enough of the highjack, is your car back up and running yet?:thumbsup:
I was rebuilding one of the Hypers the other day, and it looked like it had a simular crownwheel gear to the one you stripped.....:confused:
Hope it is sorted.
Not yet mate :( Still waiting on parts. Rather frustrating but what can ya do :confused:
Got some batteries from hobbyking that arrived yesterday though :) Some nano-tech 5300's took 2 weeks.
It only stripped because I didn't shim it right :) My own fault. haha, and I stripped the pinion, the crown gear is fine.
RCRacing88
23-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Got another blog up and running...
some pics up on there of the caster buggy that havne't been posted here if anyone's interested.
RCRacing88 (http://www.rcracing88.wordpress.com)
Answer-RC-Pete
25-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey RCR88!
Yours must be the diff we have been speaking with Russ @ FWM about. I thinkyou must have had every single possible part, just never a matching ring and pinion at the same time by the sound of things. The diff assembly went back to Russ a couple of days ago so you should be up and running now!
RCRacing88
25-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Hey RCR88!
Yours must be the diff we have been speaking with Russ @ FWM about. I thinkyou must have had every single possible part, just never a matching ring and pinion at the same time by the sound of things. The diff assembly went back to Russ a couple of days ago so you should be up and running now!
Yes! :) Hey pete, thanks for sorting it all out for me! did you get the pinion that needed to fit or did you have to change the case to fit the helical gears? :)
Just been over to the shop and he told me you had sent it out. It should arrive tomorrow.
Thanks again :thumbsup:
RCRacing88
27-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Got the buggy up and running again! Runs awesome I have to admit!
Thanks Pete, the gears were a little tight so I broke them in for a little while going less than 1/2 throttle and they were fine after that.
The buggy's performance has drastically improved with the added carbon upper deck, and now I'm using both battery trays!
First I burnt through a pack of Team Orion 3800mah 30c packs... They were great and gave about the same amount of power and top end out as the big bad-ass 4s turnigy I was first using. When those packs ran dry, I put in the big boys... 5300mah 30-60c 2x 2s Turnigy Nano-tech packs. What a difference! They had so much more punch and allot more top end. Very pleased with those packs, they also didn't get as warm.
Definitely a keeper now i've got everything sorted out. It's one tough buggy, it did some tumblin' today!
RCRacing88
29-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Take a look at the buggy ripping up the grass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tApS7_afSr8
Andy P
29-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Good to see you have your caster up and Running again nice fun vid.
Did you ever get that elite RC motor mount? I have ordered one but was interested if you got one? and how you got on with it.
I hate the standard Caster one.
I raced your local track Nene the other weekend awesome track best track I have been on so far, loved it.:wub
RCRacing88
29-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks mate :)
Nah I do plan on getting one though, a month or so when I have some spare cash.
Yeah the nene is great. Should be going down there again soon ;) good luck, and be awesome if you could let me know how you got on with your elite mount
RCRacing88
17-09-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d6TZZtTOvE
Bwana1997
18-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Hello, I'm new to Oople.
I own a Caster Racing ZX1.5R Nitro RC, is there anyway i can convert it to
brushless / electric.
Is there some sort of motor mount i can buy so that i can install a 1/8 motor.
Please get back to me as soon as possible.
Kind Regards,
Myles.
Andy P
26-03-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi
You can convert it if you want to make it a true EX1.5r you will need to change the chassis get battery boxs new receiver and steering servo mount diff top cover front end steering etc etc. I have done it, it was a big change.
Talk to AnswerRC they are the UK ditro for caster they should be able to help you out.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.