View Full Version : Has anyone seen this man????
budfish
05-06-2011, 06:35 PM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Budfish1975/7f513595.jpg
Wanted for crimes against electric racers. I beleave our club chairman has been racing nitro buggys today instead of attending our club to be fair he did say he wouldn't get time as he would be racing nationals this year but it seems he would rather race anywhere than at bury the only time I've seen him at the new track he moaned then left before any racing
I beleave he has to devote all his spare time to ansmann( the crap cars that just hold racers back) as he is now uk team manager!!! Wow I bet his mums so proud at last he is a somebody!!
So I think he should either give his chair up or at least attend when not racing a national or regional SHAME ON YOU at least we know where your loyaltys lie
Time for a by election I think
Buds
Ps stu do not delete
Si Coe
05-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Problem is Dave, if its not Stu who's it going to be?
I sure don't want it, I suspect Rob doesn't either which means really either Matt, Johnny or you would be the likely suspects.
You'd ban/offend everybody under the sun, Johnny would open the track up as a gypsy campsite and Matt would have us removing stray grains of sand with a pair of tweezers before racing starts........
budfish
05-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Problem is Dave, if its not Stu who's it going to be?
I sure don't want it, I suspect Rob doesn't either which means really either Matt, Johnny or you would be the likely suspects.
You'd ban/offend everybody under the sun, Johnny would open the track up as a gypsy campsite and Matt would have us removing stray grains of sand with a pair of tweezers before racing starts........
I think any of the above would do a Stirling job at least there would be no bullshit just straight talking like it or lump it :woot:
captainlip
05-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Lovin the picture!
woOdy
06-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Enjoy the new track!
I quit!
Thanks
budfish
06-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Enjoy the new track!
I quit!
Thanks
It'll be a £5 next time you want to race at bury weasel!!
shanks
06-06-2011, 12:05 PM
My vote is for buds to replace Stu
pugboy
06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Stu
Come to Southport instead, it's much less clicky than Bury from what I've seen. :p
footey
06-06-2011, 12:47 PM
STU
you deserve better than how they are treating you after all the time and effort you have put in to the club let them run it and let it go tits up you would be welcome at any other club
p.s before you start having ago at me gentlemen my name is shane foot and come and see me track side not on the forum
captainlip
06-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Another thread thats going downhill. :-/
Si Coe
06-06-2011, 01:26 PM
STU
you deserve better than how they are treating you after all the time and effort you have put in to the club let them run it and let it go tits up you would be welcome at any other club
p.s before you start having ago at me gentlemen my name is shane foot and come and see me track side not on the forum
Its a bit more complex than that, but thanks for sticking your nose in anyway!
Just to clear matters up:
At the last AGM Stu offered to step down as his new Ansmann role placed more demands on his time but it was felt that there was no other candidate and in any case the commitment was to race for Ansmann in 1/10th events only at that time.
But that was a long time ago
Since then Bury has a new track (thanks very largely to Stu) and Stu now races 1/8ths for Ansmann as well.
The new track is however far from perfect - it needs a number of alterations (for example some gates to get in would be useful!) and some clarifications with the council as to matters like parking access. And they want to speak to the Chairman, who isn't there.
Which has created the situation where it may not be possible for Stu to be chairman as he has other commitments now. And the club can't really afford to wait to the next scheduled AGM to decide.
So its not really a case of 'mistreating', just the simple fact that Stu, like all of us, can't be in two places at once.
And to make it clear I understand that fact, I'd like to point out again I wouldn't want the job because I have too many other commitments myself, so I fully get where Stu is coming from.......
The Bod
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Its a bit more complex than that, but thanks for sticking your nose in anyway!
Just to clear matters up:
At the last AGM Stu offered to step down as his new Ansmann role placed more demands on his time but it was felt that there was no other candidate and in any case the commitment was to race for Ansmann in 1/10th events only at that time.
But that was a long time ago
Since then Bury has a new track (thanks very largely to Stu) and Stu now races 1/8ths for Ansmann as well.
The new track is however far from perfect - it needs a number of alterations (for example some gates to get in would be useful!) and some clarifications with the council as to matters like parking access. And they want to speak to the Chairman, who isn't there.
Which has created the situation where it may not be possible for Stu to be chairman as he has other commitments now. And the club can't really afford to wait to the next scheduled AGM to decide.
So its not really a case of 'mistreating', just the simple fact that Stu, like all of us, can't be in two places at once.
And to make it clear I understand that fact, I'd like to point out again I wouldn't want the job because I have too many other commitments myself, so I fully get where Stu is coming from.......
I think this should have been mentioned in the first place but Bud being Bud, LOL. It has rather 'press ganged' Stu into quitting in public without the full story being made clear to all. Like you said, Stu has done a great job in creating this wonderful track, plus all the previous years that people often talk about. If this is Stu's choice, so that he can concentrate on this great opportunity that he has, then well done.
BTW, should you not be teaching some kids rather than being on here!!!
Si Coe
06-06-2011, 01:41 PM
They are in an exam!
Si Coe
06-06-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok, so we might need a new chairman......
Anybody interested or will it be Chairman Buds?
Chrislong
06-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Surely this thread is tongue in cheek turned sour, again? But if you drive Stu to quit, would Roger still run it.....
Without Roger there's no club. there's been stacks of committee members come and go, the Woods are the only ones who've kept Bury running through thick and thin, mostly thin.
Roger (although can severely wind people up, me included) has the patience of a saint to sit in a metal box keeping you monkeys under control most weeks.
Si Coe
06-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Lets just say I don't think Roger will be quitting if Stu steps down.....
captainlip
06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I put buds forward plus his little apprentice namely me! :D only joking.
As Si has said Stu has commintments elsewhere but did say he would try and be there this Sunday coming.
When your under sponsorship your commitment to the club will always be affected but this shouldn't mean he has to step down.
Long live the stu-perstar
budfish
06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
I reckon matt bennett would make a good chairman!!:thumbsup:
But if no one wants to do it I'll step up:cry:
woOdy
06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Its a bit more complex than that, but thanks for sticking your nose in anyway!
Just to clear matters up:
At the last AGM Stu offered to step down as his new Ansmann role placed more demands on his time but it was felt that there was no other candidate and in any case the commitment was to race for Ansmann in 1/10th events only at that time.
But that was a long time ago
Since then Bury has a new track (thanks very largely to Stu) and Stu now races 1/8ths for Ansmann as well.
The new track is however far from perfect - it needs a number of alterations (for example some gates to get in would be useful!) and some clarifications with the council as to matters like parking access. And they want to speak to the Chairman, who isn't there.
Which has created the situation where it may not be possible for Stu to be chairman as he has other commitments now. And the club can't really afford to wait to the next scheduled AGM to decide.
So its not really a case of 'mistreating', just the simple fact that Stu, like all of us, can't be in two places at once.
And to make it clear I understand that fact, I'd like to point out again I wouldn't want the job because I have too many other commitments myself, so I fully get where Stu is coming from.......
Well, when everybody has decided who is going to do it then please speak to me (not PM) and I will let them know where the club is up too and where the counsil is up too. Regards the gates thats a problem that I glad to get rid of as the counsil say one thing and other people say another!
I am free now and I can go anywhere I want.
Thanks Bud for the push that I needed.
Southport this Sunday here I come:thumbsup::woot::p
shanks
06-06-2011, 05:42 PM
So come on Buds.....now you have made Stu quit.....
Are you going to take up the role?
budfish
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Well, when everybody has decided who is going to do it then please speak to me (not PM) and I will let them know where the club is up too and where the counsil is up too. Regards the gates thats a problem that I glad to get rid of as the counsil say one thing and other people say another!
I am free now and I can go anywhere I want.
Thanks Bud for the push that I needed.
Southport this Sunday here I come:thumbsup::woot::p
Sorted!!! Everyones happy good luck stu
shanks
06-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Is that a case of bullying or what?
After all these years poor stu has been forced put by some gang land thug!
I've heard stu is gutted but don't dare say anything for fear of reprisals
shanks
06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
No offence intended Buds
woOdy
06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Is that a case of bullying or what?
After all these years poor stu has been forced put by some gang land thug!
I've heard stu is gutted but don't dare say anything for fear of reprisals
Done me a favour really.
Si Coe
06-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Not really. If you and Buds swap roles you'll have to eat a lot of pies, smoke huge amounts of weed and randomly start arguments on oople. I think being chairman would be easier.......
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.