View Full Version : Help. Anyone got a drive yoke for XX4 / X5?
Fiddybux
07-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi,
Desperately in need of 1 x drive yoke for my XX4 / X5 in time for the Southport GP on Sunday.
Part number is LOSA3236 and they look like this:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/fiddybux/LOSA3236-250.jpg
I broke two (!!) of these yesterday. I have one in my spares, but just need another one or a set if it's easier for you. Just want my X5 running for the GP that's all.
I have some on order, but they will never arrive in time for next week.
I can either pay you for the one you send to me, or replace it by sending one back to you when my order arrives.
Please please please PM me if you can help.
Many thanks.
barnyard
07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
change the driveshafts for cvd's it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run + your more likely to find them in stock at a model shop
ashleyb4
07-01-2008, 05:57 PM
PM me your address i have a brand new oen in my spares box i can send you.
A
super__dan
07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Dude, they are proper whack, get some CVD's for 100% defo!
Fiddybux
07-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Ok, I will do this in future, but Ash (thanks mate) is sorting me out for the time being.
Didn't know you could get CVDs for the front.
Is it these?
MIP1200 Shiny CVD Kit/XX Buggy/CR/XX4 (http://www.podiumrc.co.uk/product-307941.php)
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-23179/MIP1200-Shiny-CVD-Kit-fdsh-XX/Detail?sfs=20392c40
Do they also work on the rear? i.e. can I buy two sets and kit out the buggy front and back? I have some natty old things in the rear as well - they look like the kit versions.
Southwell
07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
They look like rears to me, fronts are like rocking horse **** from when i tried to find some last time. Most ppl run CVD fronts and dogbones rear.
Fiddybux
07-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Anyone know where I can get front CVD's then?
hickston
07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-22050/LOSA9967-MIP-ALum-CVD/Detail
I have a spare set you can use on Sunday (NIP) if you want to try and replace them?
Fiddybux
08-01-2008, 12:29 AM
Why the pic of a hinge pin brace on that link? Weird.
After reading it though, it looks like that is the XXX4 / XX4 CVD kit for the front.
Are they definitely the same part?
I will try and cop a gander a yours on Sunday.
Thanks.
super__dan
08-01-2008, 12:13 PM
No idea why that pic but you can only buy complete CVD's with the aluminium dogbones which wear too fast for my liking. I don't believe you can actually buy a complete steel CVD set anywhere now :(
Rear CVD's in steel or shiney are easy to get hold of.
tyreman
08-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Here is the part number for the steel cvd's
A-9968 Front CVD Drive Shaft Set
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.