View Full Version : Driver wanted for Team Hopeless
Si Coe
06-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi guys,
Just want to ask if anyone out there would like to be a part of Team Hopeless for the rest of this year and for next year?
Yes we did start off Mark but he's gone soft and sold his car, so we are 1 driver short!
We have upgraded Josh from the junior team to full status, which leaves an opening for a suitably talentless individual!
New ESC's coming.
New batteries coming.
New motors coming.
- if you have any of these don't bother applying cos we mostly run 2nd hand stuff we got cheap of ebay.
We have BlueBird servo's (but only cos they are cheap)
To put it blunt, we have nothing you need! No spares, no support, not even a Gazeebo.
You might get some stickers. But only if we get some more made up cos we've run out and the ones Little Chris made were sh!t anyway.
What we (Team Hopeless) want is a team to be full of people at least 2 laps down on FTQ, running cars of dubious reliability and likely to get distracted mid-race and have a long jump competition.
Wouldn't it be nice to be part of a team of equally pathetic drivers, instead of hanging round the A-Final boys pretending to be one of them before getting pole in the E-Final?.
If you are interested, please send me a PM and we can see what we can do.
No Lazer owners allowed (we don't swing that way), and Durango owners need to be aware we will inform the RSPCA of your 'antics'
Thanks
Simon Davanzo ( Team Hopeless Manager ):woot:
johnnygibbon
06-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Looks like there is a real jobs Market on bmrcc section and teams looking for drivers to
Can I add the ability to smash a car up more often than it finishing in one piece will give u a strong chance of a place in team hopeless
Minke don't get excited I think your a bit over qualified
And buds if you keep smashing your car up like in them pics I reckon Si will overlook the lazer and let ya join
minke
06-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Well now I know my Nosram speedo is pretty good. The spare Bmax is getting the shiny bits added and i'll run that in 4wd. 2wd will be one of my Ansmanns. No way am I overqualified though, gotta disagree. I can bring enough suckage for all.
budfish
07-06-2011, 03:00 AM
I can bring enough suckage for all.
Your going to be sorry when shanks reads that your a brave brave man(either that or totally stupid)
shanks
07-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Well now I know my Nosram speedo is pretty good. The spare Bmax is getting the shiny bits added and i'll run that in 4wd. 2wd will be one of my Ansmanns. No way am I overqualified though, gotta disagree. I can bring enough suckage for all.
Ok let's get this straight
You are "bringing" the suckage rather than offering to provide it? ???
Yes? That's ok then - think I better charge my batteries ready for weekend!!
Obviously the new chairman is already having a positive effect!
johnnygibbon
07-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Shanks I am glad to hear ya coming back we been missing you trackside
Reckon you'll love new track
And bring ya nipper with his massive truck
There's loads of kids racing now he can't be any worse than them
Hes probly to good for team hopeless already
Minke seems like good hopeless material to me Si I say if he's keen let him join
He can replace our scouse member with some one of equal skill but his cars are still a bit to reliable
Might have to be mad rat only to make sure only two laps per heat are completed
captainlip
07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
I'd put minke forward but he has himself already, sounds like the usual outing for him :D
minke
07-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Maybe Phil could rebuild my diff or is that a bit too much of a handicap?
Chris B
07-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I was racing a mad rat last time. And I have no intention of replacing my ageing B44 or the 6.5 losi that shifts it. Does that mean I qualify too? Lol
captainlip
07-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Maybe Phil could rebuild my diff or is that a bit too much of a handicap?
Are yours metal geared diffs? No.
minke
07-06-2011, 02:45 PM
And how are metal gears any worse or different to plastic?
johnnygibbon
07-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I was racing a mad rat last time. And I have no intention of replacing my ageing B44 or the 6.5 losi that shifts it. Does that mean I qualify too? Lol
i say sign him up si :thumbsup:
buds gets livid when" basher" bains beats him
reckon i still got some of lil chris,s stickers for ya bains
budfish
07-06-2011, 04:46 PM
i say sign him up si :thumbsup:
buds gets livid when" basher" bains beats him
reckon i still got some of lil chris,s stickers for ya bains
Bains isn't a concern of mine no more he is s**t!!!
Whiskers
07-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Just to prove that we race on the cheap i've just bought a LRP sxx tc spec for £40 off ebay! :thumbsup:
mattb
07-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Just to prove that we race on the cheap i've just bought a LRP sxx tc spec for £40 off ebay! :thumbsup:thats a steel mate,also ive got a huge 12v battery which you can charge of now!!
budfish
07-06-2011, 05:12 PM
:thumbsup:Just to prove that we race on the cheap i've just bought a LRP sxx tc spec for £40 off ebay! :thumbsup:
Si Coe
07-06-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm not sure Minke could replace Mark, after all Minke actually turns up at race meets......
I've had a fair bit of interest, amusing since being in Team Hopeless offers precisely no benefits at all, so it looks like we might be fielding a much larger team this year.
Minke is the new Mark, Stotty can have the junior spot for newbies that Josh had. And Bains is in just so we can gang up on Buds.
Stotty
07-06-2011, 06:03 PM
HAHA cheers. :D
mattb
07-06-2011, 06:08 PM
HAHA cheers. :Dnow your a member of the enemy no more questions:p lol
budfish
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm not sure Minke could replace Mark, after all Minke actually turns up at race meets......
I've had a fair bit of interest, amusing since being in Team Hopeless offers precisely no benefits at all, so it looks like we might be fielding a much larger team this year.
Minke is the new Mark, Stotty can have the junior spot for newbies that Josh had. And Bains is in just so we can gang up on Buds.
So there will be 6 turds in team freak show???
Stotty
07-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Oh no :cry:
Didnt no you were in a team anyways matt???
captainlip
07-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Watch out on minke doing kamikaze moves on his own team stotty! He's in a league of his own :D
Whiskers
07-06-2011, 06:22 PM
We do need a gazebo though but it should have a hole in the roof and be second hand!
Stotty
07-06-2011, 06:25 PM
We do need a gazebo though but it should have a hole in the roof and be second hand!
Ok if this is how team hopeless is i am now scared haha :o
Chris B
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Bains isn't a concern of mine no more he is s**t!!!
Lol no shitter than you buds. Out of practice maybe. I'm back on 4wd this week so I'm expecting a good battle with you lol
captainlip
07-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Ok if this is how team hopeless is i am now scared haha :o
Don't join stotty! Your 22 will be torn to shreds haha
Si Coe
07-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Oh no :cry:
Didnt no you were in a team anyways matt???
Matt, Buds and Shanks (plus Jonny Nitro) are Team Gayzer.....
Don't join stotty! Your 22 will be torn to shreds haha
His 22 will be fine, its only Durango's that fall apart.
Sorry, my mistake! Its only YOUR Durango that falls apart....
captainlip
07-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Matt, Buds and Shanks (plus Jonny Nitro) are Team Gayzer.....
His 22 will be fine, its only Durango's that fall apart.
Sorry, my mistake! Its only YOUR Durango that falls apart....
The rango is faultless all be it not liking carpet tracks
Si Coe
08-06-2011, 05:12 AM
The rango is faultless all be it not liking carpet tracks
Or sand.
And not keeping the wheels on
And stripping its diffs
And spur gears
captainlip
08-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Or sand.
And not keeping the wheels on
And stripping its diffs
And spur gears
Nope diffs were because of faulty diff cases
Wheels are because the wheel hub is worn and needs new wheels
And sand is what's stripped 1 single spur gear, other than that never stripped a spur.
Unlike bmax stripping spurs for fun
Whiskers
08-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Nope diffs were because of faulty diff cases
Wheels are because the wheel hub is worn and needs new wheels
And sand is what's stripped 1 single spur gear, other than that never stripped a spur.
Unlike bmax stripping spurs for fun
I've never seen a Bmax strip a spur because of the sand :p
captainlip
08-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I've never seen a Bmax strip a spur because of the sand :p
True :p
coleman758
08-06-2011, 01:01 PM
True :p
I've never seen a B-Crap in front of a Durango :p
budfish
08-06-2011, 01:12 PM
I've never seen a B-Crap in front of a Durango :p
I've never seen you beat anyone:D
coleman758
08-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I've never seen you beat anyone:D
I've never seen you beat anyone :D
By the way i really enjoy some of your posts! they make me laugh haha! :thumbsup:
budfish
08-06-2011, 05:43 PM
I've never seen you beat anyone :D
By the way i really enjoy some of your posts! they make me laugh haha! :thumbsup:
You won't have seen me beat anyone because you dont race at bury metro you a ribble rat!!
Whiskers
08-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I've just thought, now that I'm not a junior member of Team Hopeless I need a new title. Any ideas?
captainlip
08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I've just thought, now that I'm not a junior member of Team Hopeless I need a new title. Any ideas?
Don't tempt us :D
Stotty
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Yer dont tempt them wiskers haha
captainlip
08-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Yer dont tempt them wiskers haha
Not even started with you yet! :p
Stotty
08-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Do ur worst im use to it from work. I dont mind banter haha
The Bod
08-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Nope diffs were because of faulty diff cases
Oh, is that what caused it ? Did someone not say something about shims causing some of the issues?
Oh well, at least it is all running ok so you can show Buds and Matt ) how to race!!!
Will be good to see
tisher
08-06-2011, 07:50 PM
why would anyone want to drive for team hopeless?
should change the name to team C final;)
Stotty
08-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Its not always about winning. You can race to have fun :D
tisher
08-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Its not always about winning. You can race to have fun :D
sounds like you dont win that often:p
Stotty
08-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Im new to rc so no i dont haha.
johnnygibbon
08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
so whos on the team then si
chris b or minke
whiskers you can take the l plates off ya car now
and stick em on lips while hes not looking
Whiskers
09-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Can ya tell what it is yet?!
budfish
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Can ya tell what it is yet?!
Sh!te???
Whiskers
09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Sh!te???
More like, unfinished :thumbsup:
Whiskers
09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
See what you think
captainlip
09-06-2011, 06:11 PM
See what you think
Wtf is that? Hahha!
Whiskers
09-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Wtf is that? Hahha!
Could you do better? :eh?:
Si Coe
09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Like it!
Johnny, can your mate get them made up as sticker sheets?
Is there a bigger image - I can get A2 sized laminated for 'pit mats'
Whiskers
09-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Like it!
Johnny, can your mate get them made up as sticker sheets?
If you get him to contact me the actual image has a transparent background so would be slightly better for printing.
Stotty
09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Did you make that on photoshop ?
Whiskers
09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Did you make that on photoshop ?
No, Gimp
Whiskers
09-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Is there a bigger image - I can get A2 sized laminated for 'pit mats'
I'm not sure how well it will scale as the images used for the letters were only quite small.
Stotty
09-06-2011, 08:08 PM
No, Gimp
Not heard of tht one nice work tho
captainlip
09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Not heard of tht one nice work tho
Stotty reconsider this..... :p
Whiskers
10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
I've altered it a little, does it look better with the E reversed or not? Let me know and I'll change it as needed.
The Bod
10-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I've altered it a little, does it look better with the E reversed or not? Let me know and I'll change it as needed.
I think it looks better with the E reversed, hopeless in driving and writing!!!
LOL, Good stuff Josh :woot:
Whiskers
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
I think it looks better with the E reversed, hopeless in driving and writing!!!
LOL, Good stuff Josh :woot:
That's the effect that I was going for!
Whiskers
10-06-2011, 09:22 PM
It looks like we still need to find a new driver as Stotty has just forfeited his place (and his arse) by buying a Gazer! :thumbdown:
mattb
10-06-2011, 10:09 PM
It looks like we still need to find a new driver as Stotty has just forfeited his place (and his arse) by buying a Gazer! :thumbdown:it looks like rob mills is teetering on the edge of buying an lazer fs aswell to:woot::woot:
Stotty
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Lazer are the way forward haha
johnnygibbon
10-06-2011, 10:31 PM
it looks like rob mills is teetering on the edge of buying an lazer fs awell to:woot::woot:
He's not the only one
Gold big bores are a nice thing.
But I love my blue ones
If only some one could make a new car without it being shit
I would have it
A metric b4 with big bores would be nice and 4wd
Whiskers
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Has nobody else got a opinion about the new team logo?
captainlip
11-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Why waste your time? Go do your lil band practice!
Whiskers
11-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Why waste your time? Go do your lil band practice!
I would do but we don't rehearse on a Saturday!
Whiskers
14-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Here is the final logo. Now we just need to find somebody to turn it into stickers!
tisher
14-06-2011, 11:55 AM
it looks like rob mills is teetering on the edge of buying an lazer fs as well to:woot::woot:
I would be worried if he gets one Matt. Rob is one of the most consistent drivers I have seen!! he would win everything if had a Lazer
tisher
14-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Here is the final logo. Now we just need to find somebody to turn it into stickers!
Ask Matt Coleman he would do them a decent price;)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.