View Full Version : XXXCR Wheels on a TLR 22
andy-aj
08-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Can anyone confirm for me, that XXXCR front wheels, will or will not fit on a TLR 22. Thanks.
rcjunky
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
they will not, the hex is bigger on the 22 by about 1mm, so they won't fit for sure.
Gareth Jones
09-06-2011, 02:28 PM
I bet you could modify the hexes to be the right size....!
Will have a look tonight as I have borrowed a 22 to get it setup right.
Gareth
rcjunky
09-06-2011, 04:17 PM
You could just dremel the whole hex right off the rim and squish it against the metric hex and it would work, I could make it work but it it wouldn't 'fit'
jeffrey
09-06-2011, 04:44 PM
they fit i use the cr wheels on my 22
jou must make te hole bigger with a drill of 5mm
grtz
andy-aj
09-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the help people. I was asking as I have a load of xxx front wheels with good tyres, and didn't know if they were worth selling, for xxx series cars, or 22's or keep them and convert my X6 to run them.
Any more opinions?
Ferret
10-06-2011, 05:57 AM
The hex is the same.
The center hole is different (22 uses bigger hole than XXX).
The offset is a little different.
Avner.
madmax
10-06-2011, 07:04 AM
i ran a set of 22 wheels on my cr2 to try and theor is a couple of things you need to do
1 swap the spacer from inside the hub to the outside to put thw wheel base back.
2 use a washer with a nut to compensate for the larger hole in the centre on the wheels
3 off you go but remember the width is still a little narrow so it will make the car twitchy i also found it hooked at slow speeds
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.