View Full Version : Advice for a newbie to offroad!
_Andy_H
10-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Hi all,
Just after a bit of advice please, new to all this offroad malarky, done on road for years. Thought I'd have a go and come down in a few weeks time and race when there's no nationals on.
Got a Losi 22 - what tyres and inserts am I best off getting for the new track?
Also, gearing wise, got a 10.5 with the standard spur - 78 - in...roughly what range of pinions am I best off with, save buying 15 or so pinions next week.
Cheers all.
Whiskers
10-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Schumacher Yellow minispikes all round but slim ones on the front all with medium inserts again slim on the front. Gearing wise maybe try a 24 to start with.
budfish
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Hi all,
Just after a bit of advice please, new to all this offroad malarky, done on road for years. Thought I'd have a go and come down in a few weeks time and race when there's no nationals on.
Got a Losi 22 - what tyres and inserts am I best off getting for the new track?
Also, gearing wise, got a 10.5 with the standard spur - 78 - in...roughly what range of pinions am I best off with, save buying 15 or so pinions next week.
Cheers all.
I'd go 28 mate
Si Coe
10-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I think my RC10 is running a 32 with a 10.5t!
_Andy_H
10-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Cheers, I'll get them sorted next week.
Should be down in 3 or 4 weeks time with any luck! What time do you guys tend to start on a Sunday?
Si Coe
10-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Some time between 11:30 and 12, unless you want to help setting up (always appreciated) in which case a little earlier.
_Andy_H
10-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Don't mind helping set up at all, I'll come down earlier no worries!
mattb
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
ill be starting setting up at 10am mate if you want to help cheers dude
_Andy_H
11-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Yeah no worries, I'll aim to get down around 10 - half 10 in a few weeks time, got nationals the next few weekends in a row , be down following those!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.