PDA

View Full Version : Original X6 Shell (non Squared) where to get?


geckster
13-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Does anyone of you know where I can still get a original X6 shell (I mean the one before the Squared)?
Thanks in advance

Darren Boyle
13-06-2011, 11:46 AM
It has been discontinued now (the original mold was modified to make the newer squared body with). We are out of stock here but you may want to try and contact some of our dealers shown on our website to see if anyone still has old stock lying around - www.xfactoryrc.co.uk (http://www.xfactoryrc.co.uk)

Dalla
13-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi Darren,

Do I take it that the Sq body won't fit Non Sq chassis?

Or is just a looks thing on geckster's part?

Ta

Darren Boyle
13-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi Darren,

Do I take it that the Sq body won't fit Non Sq chassis?

Or is just a looks thing on geckster's part?

Ta Hi Ian, Squared will fit both the old and new car, it must be a "looks thing" for Geckster....

NeilRalph77
13-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Sorry but as a 6Sq'd driver i have to say i also prefer the original shell, an even better one would be one designed to clear the battery stand off's maybe a strange lump on either side??? Still love the car though.

geckster
13-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks, then I have to write some mails I think :D. DMS is right, it's only a "looks thing"

Darren Boyle
13-06-2011, 07:08 PM
The Team AJ Galaxy is very nice.........

jameswilkinson7
13-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Sorry but as a 6Sq'd driver i have to say i also prefer the original shell, an even better one would be one designed to clear the battery stand off's maybe a strange lump on either side??? Still love the car though.

I know a lot of people dislike the X6 shell, but I love it. and the original is defiantly the best. I would like to get hold of one too.

styleone
13-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm with James on this one. The original shell with the wrap around window is the one as far as looks go, I've got the original, the squared and the phat bodies and the original is the best.

Battery clearance seems to be an issue with all of the shells but most apparent with the phat bodies one...so...is anybody holding onto a few unpainted originals...I'd love another aswell :)

Darren Boyle
13-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Battery clearance is not an issue on most of the shells if you cut them out to the bottom moulding line instead of the body cut line, this in theory give the body an extra 5-8mm of height all down the sides.....

NeilRalph77
17-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Battery clearance is not an issue on most of the shells if you cut them out to the bottom moulding line instead of the body cut line, this in theory give the body an extra 5-8mm of height all down the sides.....


Mine's cut to the lower line but it's still rubbed the paint off the inside of the shell on the standoff nut's and i'm not the only one, guess this is something to disagree on.

YoungChazz
17-06-2011, 05:14 PM
We usually put a piece of black tape or an old sticker on the underside of the body where the nuts are.

Cooper
18-06-2011, 08:36 AM
the underside of the body where the nuts are.

:D ROFL