PDA

View Full Version : We have a problem


The race controller
13-06-2011, 09:23 PM
I've been informed today that the cricketers have booked all the Sundays ten till teatime, from the 22 Jan to Easter at the Coney Green Campus we used last year.

What are we going to do ?

captainlip
13-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Sack it, stay outdoors! It rains less in winter! :D


Thought you were going to say the Astros nicked or something

The Bod
13-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Is it possible to use the other indoor venue at Farnworth that was used once last year?

budfish
14-06-2011, 07:58 AM
I've been informed today that the cricketers have booked all the Sundays ten till teatime, from the 22 Jan to Easter at the Coney Green Campus we used last year.

What are we going to do ?

Saturdays!!

Or

Like les suggested we will run a outdoor series at goshen it'll be cold but fun:thumbsup:

birdy
14-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Stop being Soft and run outside. :thumbsup:

Jnunu1
14-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Now Batley have thier own venue can you go back to Chadderton?

les
14-06-2011, 01:02 PM
I've been informed today that the cricketers have booked all the Sundays ten till teatime, from the 22 Jan to Easter at the Coney Green Campus we used last year.

What are we going to do ?
i would just run a winter series save the clubs money on renting a hall coventry and kiddy run outside all winter if its to bad the weather you just dont run that week

Si Coe
14-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Given that we are looking into sorting some 'weather proofing' for the rostrum and pits anyway, and that the track itself drains nicely I don't see why we can't run outside in the winter.
I remember as a kid Springfield used to run outside all winter and we were rarely even rained off.
The one thing we could really do with is power to the cabin though - a steady supply of cups of tea and a microwave to warm up some sausage butties is all you need when its 2 above freezing!
3 lap penalty for anyone using poncy transmitter muff too.

That said - I'm a bit miffed cos I'm sure Rog and I booked dates with them for this winter. OK we only penciled it in, but they should have let us know!

Stotty
14-06-2011, 06:34 PM
We should deffo run outside it cant get anyworse than what we have run in upta now. Plus we could make snowjumps :D

tisher
14-06-2011, 06:37 PM
I say run outside as well I think you might get less rain in winter:p
anyway I can alway convert the fire truck to keep everyone in bacon sarnies and tea in between me racing of course;)

coleman758
14-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I say run outside as well I think you might get less rain in winter:p
anyway I can alway convert the fire truck to keep everyone in bacon sarnies and tea in between me racing of course;)

haha! il cut you some new vinyls....

BURY METRO BUTTIE BUS!

Whiskers
14-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah lets stay outside! :thumbsup:

captainlip
14-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Yeah lets stay outside! :thumbsup:

Agreed weather is more consistent than it is now in winter!

pugboy
14-06-2011, 09:11 PM
You lot must be tapped, its cold enough in the indoor venues in winter, just hope it isn't as cold as last winter!

budfish
14-06-2011, 09:21 PM
You lot must be tapped, its cold enough in the indoor venues in winter, just hope it isn't as cold as last winter!

We've been called worse mate:D
It will be awesome I've got 2 patio heaters here I can throw on the rostrum and a big gazebo we will be toasty:thumbsup:

Si Coe
14-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Or we can just wait till Lippy's Wrongo catches fire and warm ourselves around flaming DEX410......

minke
14-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Or we can just wait till Lippy's Wrongo catches fire and warm ourselves around flaming DEX410......


:thumbsup: but shrapnel could be a problem

coleman758
14-06-2011, 10:34 PM
They could catch fire, fall to bits and still beat your B-Max's :thumbsup:

Si Coe
14-06-2011, 10:41 PM
We'll see. 10.5t vs 5.5t and I bet mine is still faster.......

The race controller
15-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Outside it is then.
I've ordered the big tenT.

Whiskers
15-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Outside it is then.
I've ordered the big ten.

Big ten? Shouldn't that be tent?

les
15-06-2011, 02:04 PM
I've been informed today that the cricketers have booked all the Sundays ten till teatime, from the 22 Jan to Easter at the Coney Green Campus we used last year.

What are we going to do ?
if your guna run a winter series maybe over 6 rounds or something you wana get on to je get some prizes to give out make more people wana turn up if there something to win

tisher
15-06-2011, 02:27 PM
We'll see. 10.5t vs 5.5t and I bet mine is still faster.......


Thats funny:lol: its only because you run a pinion the size of a spur gear Si That is what makes it quicker:woot:

coleman758
15-06-2011, 02:44 PM
We'll see. 10.5t vs 5.5t and I bet mine is still faster.......

No way man! I recall buying your 5.5T just last night and i quote!!

"This thing is mental"

:woot::woot::woot:

budfish
15-06-2011, 02:57 PM
if your guna run a winter series maybe over 6 rounds or something you wana get on to je get some prizes to give out make more people wana turn up if there something to win

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Budfish1975/5af25445.jpg

Whiskers
15-06-2011, 03:00 PM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb457/Budfish1975/5af25445.jpg

Haha nice one Buds!

The race controller
15-06-2011, 03:12 PM
if your guna run a winter series maybe over 6 rounds or something you wana get on to je get some prizes to give out make more people wana turn up if there something to win

Good idea, someone should talk to them. It's about time they did something for us.

les
15-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Good idea, someone should talk to them. It's about time they did something for us.
stu should be able to sort something out as he works there

captainlip
15-06-2011, 05:27 PM
No way man! I recall buying your 5.5T just last night and i quote!!

"This thing is mental"

:woot::woot::woot:

I was leaving si miles behind and that was only in a 6.5t and 19t pinion

Si and his sales pitches

captainlip
15-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Haha nice one Buds!

The funniest thing is his balls are considerably different sizes :D

Si Coe
15-06-2011, 05:38 PM
I was leaving si miles behind and that was only in a 6.5t and 19t pinion

Si and his sales pitches

I was using a Losi 6.5t on a 20t pinion before going 10.5t. That LRP was too much so I stopped using it as soon as we went indoors. I doubt you've ever seen me running it, except in my mental truck.....
And I don't run a pinion the same size as the spur. The smallest spur I can get is an 81t, and the largest pinion that will mesh is a 26t so that's that I'm using.
Its the 40 degree timing advance on the straights that makes the difference.....

The race controller
17-06-2011, 03:36 PM
The tenT has come so I've colour coded the poles so assembly should be easy. Red first. Yellow second. Black next. Put the roof on and then fit the legs.
.......................................Easy.

The Bod
17-06-2011, 03:41 PM
The tenT has come so I've colour coded the poles so assembly should be easy. Red first. Yellow second. Black next. Put the roof on and then fit the legs.
.......................................Easy.

Fantastic. Good work Roger. BTW how big is it?

The race controller
17-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Fantastic. Good work Roger. BTW how big is it?

Big enough for the elephants that will be jumping around above me in race control.

BillyB
18-06-2011, 09:55 AM
Thats right other clubs we are right northern monkeys we laugh in the face of the elements!!!!!ya soft foookers lol!!! al were the mankini!!!!!!!!:p

The race controller
18-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Thats right other clubs we are right northern monkeys we laugh in the face of the elements!!!!!ya soft foookers lol!!! al were the mankini!!!!!!!!:p

Somebody translate for me please. Not into Welsh, English will do.

BillyB
19-06-2011, 09:07 AM
dont worry rog!! we all know ya way too old for this lingo thats why we write things like OMG!!!LOL and a mankini is off a film called borat ask the boys theyll bring you upto speed!!:thumbsup:

mc_stoo
19-06-2011, 09:31 AM
http://stevehollier.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/borat-mankini-very-nice.jpg?w=280&h=390

The race controller
19-06-2011, 11:32 PM
There are strange people on this forum. Who would want a photo like that on their computer ?

captainlip
19-06-2011, 11:38 PM
http://stevehollier.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/borat-mankini-very-nice.jpg?w=280&h=390

Resembles Jonny that!