View Full Version : motor help
tisher
18-06-2011, 11:20 AM
can any one suggest a decent motor to get.
I dont want to buy another lrp they just run to hot but I like the power of them so whats worth investing in
mattb
18-06-2011, 11:27 AM
can any one suggest a decent motor to get.
I dont want to buy another lrp they just run to hot but I like the power of them so whats worth investing inspeed pashion seam to be very good and run much cooler.
Whiskers
18-06-2011, 11:28 AM
The new HPI Pro Flux motors are only £51 on MB Models and are meant to be very fast.
budfish
18-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I've got a spare tekin 5.5 that's what I use and never had any heat issuses what so ever and just as fast as a lrp x12 just a lot smoother
Buds
Stotty
18-06-2011, 12:45 PM
My orca runs cool and seems pretty powerful for a 8.5.
There £70 i think.
jampat2004
18-06-2011, 01:19 PM
can any one suggest a decent motor to get.
I dont want to buy another lrp they just run to hot but I like the power of them so whats worth investing in
you absolutely cant go wrong in investing in the hpi pro flux motors,ive have 4 lrp x12s which i dont have any problems with as long as the gearing is correct,but they are too pricey against the hpi.
between me and a friend of mine we have bought 3 pro fluxs in as many weeks and cant fault,they are super fast and run as cool as a penguins todger.
very worthy motors at any level of racing.:thumbsup:
tisher
18-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Cheers for the replys guys I will check them out my x12 thurmalled again last night and I was geared on a 17 pinion and everything switched down to 1 on the sxx so I think the motor is on its last legs. I managed to finish the final by using grahams computer fan to make the motor ice cold before I raced so I know its defo the motor playing up:cry:
budfish
18-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Cheers for the replys guys I will check them out my x12 thurmalled again last night and I was geared on a 17 pinion and everything switched down to 1 on the sxx so I think the motor is on its last legs. I managed to finish the final by using grahams computer fan to make the motor ice cold before I raced so I know its defo the motor playing up:cry:
Well under geared mate 6.5 21pinion 5.5 19 pinion
mattb
18-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Well under geared mate 6.5 21pinion 5.5 19 pinion20t indoors with an x12 78 spur weasle
Whiskers
18-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Motors can also overheat if they are under geared to much.
captainlip
18-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I'd defo look at the tekin stuff!
tisher
18-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Well under geared mate 6.5 21pinion 5.5 19 pinion
yea mate I know I normally run a 19 indoors and 21 outdoor but I thought it may have helped it but it was worse
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.