View Full Version : 22 woe's
Right, I seem to have tried most things and the blooming thing still doesn't have any low speed forward drive, it constantly wants to carry on going round.
I have tried
Rear and mid motor
moved the cells rearward in mid
less and more anti-squat
6 hole, 4 hole, different springs and oils
It is to the point where unless I start seeing any improvement, it is going to be sold, so unless I can get a marked improvement, it will be gone, and I don't want to do that, as I think the car is a good solid car, but it is pointless when your left as a sitting duck out of the corner.
Any help would be appreciated.
jaydits
19-06-2011, 08:21 PM
i have made the most improvement by making the rear link as long as possible and no rings on the hub
no antisquat
front silver spring (clay) and short link
it has taken my son a couple of battery,s but now he has the thing under controle or changed his driving style
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/setuptwentytwo/22_WesleyVanHelmond_Vlijmen20110529/index.html
its for clay dont know what you wil be driving but dont give up yet
joey
steveproracing
19-06-2011, 09:08 PM
have you tried moving the rear shocks out on the tower?
i did so on mine last week and it was a big improvement in this area!!
Wacker1
19-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Buy an Atomic Carbon Tardis Conversion Kit for your Losi 22..........the amount of Forward Drive/SideBite it gives you is Amazing!
Since I've changed mine to it, its like a completely different Car to Drive!
........feels very similar to a CR2, but Jumps better, has abit more Steering & takes the Bumps as if they were'nt there!:thumbsup:
I can't justify that expense without knowing first hand, it would make enough difference to the handling.
Steve, tried shocks in many places, I just can't generate enough rear end grip at low speed.
jonathan may
19-06-2011, 09:38 PM
do you have any weight in the rear ran mine for the first time on tuesday night on wet grass had load of grip.
maybe you have too much punch on the speedo or slipper to tight?
Right, I seem to have tried most things and the blooming thing still doesn't have any low speed forward drive, it constantly wants to carry on going round.
I have tried
Rear and mid motor
moved the cells rearward in mid
less and more anti-squat
6 hole, 4 hole, different springs and oils
It is to the point where unless I start seeing any improvement, it is going to be sold, so unless I can get a marked improvement, it will be gone, and I don't want to do that, as I think the car is a good solid car, but it is pointless when your left as a sitting duck out of the corner.
Any help would be appreciated.
Can you post your setup and i will try and give you a hand mate! i would say my car is the best 2wd i have had and it seems to go on most tracks i have tried now
Will post a full setup, but from what I remember it is
Front
Shock loc 2-middle
30wt, 55 - hole, red spring
line 2 (0.75mm washer) kit outer.
Rake 25' caster blocks 10'
Rear
Shock loc 2-inner
30wt 54 - 6 hole kit spring
4.5 HRC
1' anti-squat
camber link 2-E
SWB on hub
7.5 motor, linear profile on esc
diff loose, slipper slips 2ft
Cells turned 90' and moved rear
weight under cells and motor
Full wing
Stagger yellows and yellow minispikes on the rear.
Can you post your setup and i will try and give you a hand mate! i would say my car is the best 2wd i have had and it seems to go on most tracks i have tried now
can you put show ya setup,or is it the A1 racing setup
thanks
AfroP
20-06-2011, 07:51 AM
try running 3 small spacers/washers under the ballstuds on the rear.
drop the oil in your rear shocks to 27.5
and go back to the kit LRC block
PaulUpton
20-06-2011, 08:01 AM
My latest setup, few tweaks from last ones, my car has loads of forward traction, I wll always start with this setup and change things if needed from there.
Front Suspension
Toe: 0'
Ride Height: wishbones slightly above level
Camber: 2'
Castor: 5'
Kick Angle: 25'
Oil: 32.5w
Piston: 3 hole 1.45mm tapered
Spring: Green
Spindle Type: Kit
Shock Limiters: 2mm
Shock Location: 2-middle
Bump Steer: 0mm
Camber Link: 1 - 2mm washers on tower, 0mm washers on hub
Rear Suspension
Chassis Configuration: Mid
Toe: 4'
Anti Squat: 1'
Roll Center: LRC
Ride Height: Driveshafts Level
Camber: 3'
Wheel Base: Long
Oil: 32.5w
Piston: 3 hole 1.55mm tapered
Spring: Orange
Shock Limiters: 0mm
Camber Link: 1-B (2mm under hub and tower ball joints)
Shock Locations: 2-inside
170g of brass under 96mm lipo and rear losi weight @50g
Front tyres: yellow staggers
Rear Tyres: yellow mini pins
Speed passion LPF
Ocra 6.5t motor
Savox slim servo
Will post a full setup, but from what I remember it is
Front
Shock loc 2-middle
30wt, 55 - hole, red spring
line 2 (0.75mm washer) kit outer.
Rake 25' caster blocks 10'
Rear
Shock loc 2-inner
30wt 54 - 6 hole kit spring
4.5 HRC
1' anti-squat
camber link 2-E
SWB on hub
7.5 motor, linear profile on esc
diff loose, slipper slips 2ft
Cells turned 90' and moved rear
weight under cells and motor
Full wing
Stagger yellows and yellow minispikes on the rear.
Front
change caster to 3 or 5 degree blocks
put a 2mm spacer on caster block ball stud
1mm on inner ball stud
blue or black front spring
Rear Link B2 no washers on hub 2mm on inner ball stud
yellow or pink rear spring
just try this at first before changing the shocks!
if not try my A1 setup that i ran!
can you put show ya setup,or is it the A1 racing setup
thanks
I start with my A1 setup at every track now! made C8 at the National at Kidderminster on Saturday only change was 4 degree Low LRC with 3 degree squt and .5mm spacer on rear hub 1.5mm on inner front ball stud
Nick, do you have a link to your A1 setup please?
Nick, do you have a link to your A1 setup please?
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65680&page=24
migsy
02-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I got my 22 yesterday, took up to my local track to have a go with it. i find the rear motor better for me but the same time the 22 feels like a xx4 to drive. it could just be how i got it setup but i was wonderin if you guys got the impression of a 4wd off it?:confused:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.